Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Searching for an 80's song!

Searching for an 80's song!

Postby asadachi » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:12 am

I'm searching for an obscure song I heard on KROQ in the 80's... must have been 1984 or so.
I think the title of the song is "Scary Movies" or maybe "Horror Movies."
It's got kind of a schlocky "spooky" feel to it, with the guy singing "Me and my girlfriend, we like watching horror movies" and the girl sings back "Me and my boyfriend on a Friday night."
Another line is "Some like it cold, I like it hot, especially when my girlfriend's holding my..."

At another point a voice imitating Vincent Price lists off some old horror movie titles, like "Teenage Dracula meets Teenage Wolfman."

Anyone know where I can find this song? If you do, shoot me a line at DannyMCMLXIV@yahoo.com!

Thanks! Danny in NYC
asadachi
Switchin' to Glide

Postby tborg1987 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:30 pm

The Bollock Brothers did horror movies...in the past i was once told say it's another form or offshoot of The Damned, ...they had another semi indie it with "harley david..." and also covered the sex pistols in mid-early 80's...

the song is on a few 80
tborg1987
Switchin' to Glide

Postby rewind » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:40 pm

The Bollock Brothers were not connected to the Damned. They were kind of a punk novelty act led by Jock McDonald, who was also behind Red Lipstique ("Drac's Back"). "Horror Movies" is from their first album, The Last Supper.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby tborg1987 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:31 pm

...I'm aware of the AMG guide description...I am simply stating one of the many rumors out there in the 80's of psuedonyms and bands rumored to be using other names when i was spinning back then...some of the other's rumored ...there was a few neo-psyched
tborg1987
Switchin' to Glide

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations