Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Rhino's Just Can't Get Enough Series

Postby skinnytie » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:13 am

Judging from the prices and availability on Amazon.com, it looks like the first 10 volumes are now out of print, with volumes 11-15 still available. I think Rhino did a very good job with this series, including some lesser known stuff with the usual ones
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby Hondo » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:57 am

I feel fortunate to have picked most of these up as bargain markdowns from Best Buy. I bought ten of them and loaded them into the cd changer before a family trip to the Outer Banks. Midway through Virginia my wife asked if I was done with the nostalgia
Hondo
Take On Me

Postby eight6 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:10 am

Sadly, compilations are only as good as the person listening to them. I've never been a big fan of comps, as there will never be one better than the ones I make for myself. Not a slight to those who produce or purchase comps mind you, thats just the way I
eight6
Room at the Top

Postby Hondo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:45 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by eight6[/i]
<br>Sadly, compilations are only as good as the person listening to them. I've never been a big f
Hondo
Take On Me

Postby Darkwave » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:30 am

"Hardest Hits" cds being the exception.[:)]

[quote][i]Originally posted by eight6[/i]
<br>Sadly, compilations are only as good as the
Darkwave
Personal Jesus

Postby British » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:46 pm

If it were up to me to make 80s compilations, I would first by culling out all the 80s songs that get put on all the OTHER compilations. "Obsession" by Animotion? Gone. Anything that has gone to top 40 and been played over and over on comps, get 'er out.
British
Room at the Top

Postby 2Nu » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:31 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Hondo[/i]
<br>I didn't say that these songs were on this particular disc. I said they were part of the set.
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby knowitallrecs » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:00 pm

Massively disappointing collection for me. Way too much early '80s cheese, and it hardly had any of the New Wave groups I used to hear on the radio - the Railway Children, Care, Friends Again, Xmal Deutschland, the March Violets, Blue Zoo, the Lotus Eater
knowitallrecs
Personal Jesus

Postby ekahob » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:21 pm

I think the JCGE series was great. This series was aimed at the American market. (They were not released in the U.K. except as imports) You have to have the obvious hits. I think they did an excellent job of putting these together. They sprinkle in one
ekahob
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations