Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Mary's Prayer

Mary's Prayer

Postby angeverse » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:09 am

I am trying to find out who recordeed this song. I think it came out around 1986 or so, male singer. The words I remember are "Save me Save me, be the light in my eyes And if I say ten Hail Marys" some thing some thing something 'when I was Mary's Prayer.' I have been trying to track this down for the past year. Please help me!
angeverse
Running Up That Hill

Postby ekahob » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:11 am

I believe the band was called "Meet Danny Wilson" or just "Danny Wilson". Danny was not a person, but the band.
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby angeverse » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:09 am

Thank you!
angeverse
Running Up That Hill

Postby fiftypercent » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:04 pm

"Mary's Prayer" was the lead off single from the debut album from Danny WIlson, called "Meet Danny Wilson". It was released in 1987. The debut album was likeable enough, but the second, "Be Bop Mop Top" released in 1989, was far superior. Highlights inclu
fiftypercent
Personal Jesus

Postby jaybag » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:43 am

Good recap by fiftypercent, though I must disagree with one thing: I thought Meet Danny Wilson (one of my three favorite albums ever) was far superior to Bebopmoptop. But that's just me [8D]

Danny Wilson was indeed the band, not a person. They were
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations