Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What's Up With Gold Legion ?

Re: What's Up With Gold Legion ?

Postby omar » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:25 am

I bought my Debbie Harry/Grace Jones cds through Amazon,they're great. I have to admit that the product Gold Legion puts out is far superior to many other labels and is definitely worth having. I just wouldn't dare buy directly from them!
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Umm,

Anyone who reads this forum should have gotten the idea that you NEVER buy directly from Gold Legion.

When their CDs show up on amazon marketplace BUY THEM. You will get them in a week or less.

The quality of the masters is outstanding.

Read this thread before ordering.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Neil Kelly » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:24 am

Amazon? Is that ever gonna actually happen? Someone said recently that they were getting better and it seems there's no other way of getting these CD's at anywhere near the price on the website. Besides that there are various channels to complaining. After my third strongly worded email and complaints on their Facebook page (i didn't 'Like' the page either out of spite) i finally got a full refund. No explaination of what's happened either just a short email. Refund is complete. I have NO CD's
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:43 am

I've bought several Gold Legion cds through third party sellers on Amazon at really good prices, without any hassles. Don't want to deal with the fear/anger of being ripped off by GL.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Neil Kelly » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 pm

But i bet that was a while ago haven't seen any lately
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:25 pm

From what I can tell, they are done.

Looking at some amazon marketplace offers, some of their releases are selling for ridiculous amounts.

Too bad. They certainly sucked at customer service but delivered a series of awesome remasters.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby anfunny2003 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:45 pm

I despise them. I'm glad they're done. They owe me CDs, money and a Goddamn apology.
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby danadotcom » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:47 pm

The people at laurabraniganonline still seem to think they're gonna get the discs they've been taking pre-orders for. A months ago they posted a list of "problems" that Gold Legion has been having, seemingly believing the BS they're handed. They apparently do not understand that EVERYONE ever involved with this company has been handed a load of bullshit at one point or another only to be strung along until the notion of ever getting what you signed up is simply unrealistic. I will say, however, that I was contacted by GL over a year ago by someone who did attempt to get me the 4 discs I was owed. Very much appreciated...and surprising. But nothing since and yes, like others here, I think they are finally kaput.
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Postby danadotcom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Not to keep beating a dead horse...But I see that the LB site I mentioned above is once again taking advance orders for Branigan 2 and offering copies of Branigan for sale now. I find this peculiar since the Gold Legion site is nowhere to be found. Any news, updates, or are they as we've all come to assume over & out? If so, where is this product coming from and how is there new product on the way...hmmmm?
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations