Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What's Up With Gold Legion ?

Postby Surly » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:53 am

Given everything I've read, I'll only buy their stuff from Amazon (not their website).

That being said, I recently got the Laura Branigan [i]Self Control[/i] reissue and it's outstanding. Excellent remastering, thoughtfully chosen bonus tracks (12" mixes), and extensive liner notes that feature interviews with key producers and songwriters. I'd encourage those here who want stuff from this excellent label to just order from Amazon.

"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Gary Russell » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:00 am

The Self Control reissue is one of the things they took my money for last July. Never received it...
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby Poyns » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:42 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Barmy[/i]
<br>Complain if you must. But to shut down one of the best reissue labels in existence seems counterproductive.

I agree their website sucks, and people aren't necessarily aware of that.
[/quote]

How do you define "one of the best reissue labels in existence"?

Charging people and then failing to deliver the product they have taken the money for is theft. Plain and simple.
Poyns
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Gary Russell » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:30 pm

I've put it in the hands of my US attorney now. In the grand scheme of things, it's not worth getting too upset over *but* on a matter of principle, i want them to either a) supply the things I paid for or b) refund me and c) respond
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby Gary Russell » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 am

*gasp* two of my four CDs have safely arrived! Just the two Grace Jones (as tet not released yet it seems) to go!!
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby pmppk » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Congratulation Gary! [:D]
So probably, I can expect my order to arrive around March 2014 since I ordered and paid for them in Feb 2013.
pmppk
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Barmy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Um, your cash earns essentially 0% at the bank. So ordering early doesn't cost much.

I do not applaud their website, but compared to the dreck Cherry Red sh*ts out, I applaud their quality. Which is 100% excellent.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Out of business?

Still have great releases on the "horizon" on their website.

Too bad. A rare example of a label issuing non-brickwalled CDs, many of which were OOP or never released on CD.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Bellenger1981 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Barmy[/i]
<br>Out of business?

Still have great releases on the "horizon" on their website.

Too bad. A rare example of a label issuing non-brickwalled CDs, many of which were OOP or never released on CD.
[/quote]
I have Laura Branigan's "Self Control", released by Gold Legion, and I was surprised to hear that it is brick-walled quite severely. It's actually very loud and a bit too bright, and I like loud. The mastering is just a bit too loud and bright for this one, but I've heard far worse.

Speaking of, I wonder if we'll ever get Branigan reissued. Wasn't that supposed to come out last August? Hmmm. Maybe it is out of business.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:06 am

I thought Self Control sounded fine . Gold Legion does put out very high end stuff in terms of remastering . I've bought the Debbie Harry,Limahl and Philip Oakey cds thru amazon (safest way ). Their website is still running although a lot of negative feedback on Facebook might have hindered their orders and rightfully so.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Self Control was not brick walled, in my opinion. I think they were using advance orders as "loans" for their reissues. Not fair, but not a big deal since that money earns nothing in your bank account.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Re: What's Up With Gold Legion ?

Postby Barmy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:33 pm

After a dormant period they seem to slowly be coming back to life. I ordered their two most recent releases on amazon marketplace and they arrived in a few days.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Yeah, I just got Branigan but have yet to listen to it. I always order their stuff from Amazon. I must say that they do a great job on the packaging - very detailed and informative liner notes, and they dug in to find all the right bonus tracks for this one (all of her pre-album singles). When they first announced this reissue a couple of years back, they only had a couple of extra tracks mentioned. I'm glad they did their homework and did this one right.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby André » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:21 am

I bought a reissue of Amanda Lear on Gold Legion. They took my money but never sent the CD. I never received an answer to my 5 emails. I have read so many similar stories on other forums that I have decided to never buy from them direct. Yes I feel robbed. If you wait a few more weeks after release, the CD will eventually be on Amazon (marketplace) and cheaper. And with Amazon you get refund in case the item is lost or damaged (at list in the UK). DON"T BUY DIRECT FROM GOLD LEGION, you have been warned.
André
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Neil Kelly » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:01 am

I have paid for 2 CD's on their website (Jellybean and Debbie Harry) as i couldn't see anywhere else selling them (especially at that price)! I have paid on the 18 September but order doesn't even say shipped. I have sent three emails over the last 11 days and not even a reply. In contrast i ordered the Halloween Complete Box Set Blu Ray deluxe edition of 15 Blu Ray's and was charged for that 11 days later (through Amazon.com). I have received that a few days ago. What should / could i do? Wait? Surely i can get a refund for something not received in this day and age. A company can't just take your money and run. Not as if they haven't been around a while. How can they get away with such bad practice?
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations