Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What's Up With Gold Legion ?

What's Up With Gold Legion ?

Postby omar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:57 am

Has anyone ordered something recently thru them or thru Amazon. I bought my Oakey/Moroder cd (great by the way) thru Amazon a couple of months ago. The supposed Laura Branigan and Grace Jones cds are still back ordered. I know they take a century to ship out stuff .
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:24 pm

I ordered their Salsoul and TK collections a few weeks ago through amazon/CDTaxi. I think these are recent releases. Arrived in a few days. Nothing earth-shattering about either release, but what the hell.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:43 am

Every time i've gone on their webpage,it seems there's a backorder on the stuff i like.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Gary Russell » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:32 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by omar[/i]
<br>Every time i've gone on their webpage,it seems there's a backorder on the stuff i like.
[/quote]

Got a detailed response from their new 'public face' guy, Adrian last week. Self Control is shipping now but the first Brannigan album is a couple of weeks away and my two Grace Jones' deluxe are due in May now as they've been waiting on approval, I assume, from Grace's "people"
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby omar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:40 am

We'll see. They've been playing around with those CDs for a year now.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Gary Russell » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:59 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by omar[/i]
<br>We'll see. They've been playing around with those CDs for a year now.
[/quote]

Yeah - I imagine the hold up isn't at GL's end where the Grace stuff is concerned.
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby Gary Russell » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:10 am

Okay - slightly (???) regretting my optimism now. Nothing delivered and the new guy replying to customer concerns seems to have gone into hiding. *sigh* Coming up for a year now since they took my money...
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby profil » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Same with me [:(]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Gary Russell[/i]
<br>Okay - slightly (???) regretting my optimism now. Nothing delivered and the new guy replying to customer concerns seems to have gone into hiding. *sigh* Coming up for a year now since they took my money...
[/quote]
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 pm

To beat a dead horse:

1. The audio quality of Gold Legion CDs is uniformly outstanding.

2. These are ancient albums. If you've waited for them this long you can wait another year or so until they show up on amazon. If you order from them on marketplace (CD Taxi) you will get your CD in a few days.

3. For me, their website is no more than a coming attractions ad.

On balance, they are easily a positive for me.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Gary Russell » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:13 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Barmy[/i]
<br>To beat a dead horse:

1. The audio quality of Gold Legion CDs is uniformly outstanding.

2. These are ancient albums. If you've waited for them this long you can wait another year or so until they show up on amazon. If you order from them on marketplace (CD Taxi) you will get your CD in a few days.

3. For me, their website is no more than a coming attractions ad.

On balance, they are easily a positive for me.
[/quote]

I agree 100% - but they took £60 last July, won't respond to queries and I consider that theft. If they'd immie my money back and I'd happily buy from a third party. Or better still just send me my CDs that in mid-April were being posted to me "next Wednesday" according to this Adrian guy.
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby Neil Kelly » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:54 am

Well i agree with you Gary what you are saying if a f***ing disgrace and shouldn't be allowed in this day and age. Theft indeed
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby pmppk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Same thing happen to me. I was aware of the problem with their "customer (torturing) service" but still (stupidly enough) placed my order on March 2013. I specifically ordered items listed as instock thinking that there won't be much delay in processing my order.

I also got 2 reply emails from Adrian that my order "Tracking number" will be sent to me shortly. I wait and wait and still wait..... nothing but silence.

[quote][i]Originally posted by profil[/i]
<br>Same with me [:(]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Gary Russell[/i]
<br>Okay - slightly (???) regretting my optimism now. Nothing delivered and the new guy replying to customer concerns seems to have gone into hiding. *sigh* Coming up for a year now since they took my money...
[/quote]
[/quote]
pmppk
Switchin' to Glide

Postby pmppk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm

IIRC I did their on-line questionaire regarding recommendation on new reissue albums and quality of their customer service. I even got automatic reply email thanking me for participate in the questionaire.
Still, they shamelessly keep sending auto-email offering sales and bundle promotions everyweek.

But they just charged my credit card and don't sent me anything.

What's the point! I'll just find flac rip of their catalog and never buy from them again.
pmppk
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Barmy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Complain if you must. But to shut down one of the best reissue labels in existence seems counterproductive.

I agree their website sucks, and people aren't necessarily aware of that.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Jeffrey » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:40 pm

I feel so bad for all of you that have suffered because of Gold Legion's issues. I have ordered from them as well, and when I'm about to give up all hope, they eventually come through. Adrian has been great and, like Barmy says, they are one of the best reissue labels out there. I trust they will make good on the orders, unfortunately it can be very disheartening and frustrating in the mean time.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations