Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Tears for Fears-The Hurting 2-disc and 4-disc sets

Postby crystal » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:26 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Andy[/i]
<br>Image of boxset and contents now up at Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hurting-Tears-F ... he+hurting

Looks like it's the CD, b-sides and remixes on CD2, while CD3 contains audio for In My Mind's Eye - Live From Hammersmith. The DVD is On The Road.
[/quote]

Could also be that My Mind's Eye is the dvd (looks like 3 cds and the dvd on the same level of the picture - the 3rd one is hard to identify but has a title on the bottom left) + On The Road being a photobook (looks to be the same format as the book on top) - pure speculation though, hopefully a tracklist + further details will be announced soon, but the design and first content pictures look really nice + promising!
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Yeah, good spot with that third disc. I thought it was just a print - didn't see the sneaky text in the bottom left corner. Although the set looks nice i'm not overly impressed with the contents but hopefully, as you say, once the full track listing and price etc is known it will be more appealing.

Dad, the dog's dead!
Andy
Switchin' to Glide

Postby moni » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:42 pm

It's here for preorder http://tinyurl.com/pfevxqp for £24.99 hopefully that's not the correct price and it sorts itself out nearer the release date. Yes and the description is wrong as well.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Neil Kelly » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:56 pm

So what was you expecting / hoping for Andy that doesn't meet expectations?
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Andy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:45 am

Originally thought this might be some sort of super deluxe edition with band memorabilia etc (always a sucker for that type of thing) but if it's gonna sell for around the £25 mark as moni states in the link he provided then I can't complain. All the same think i'll wait for Sainsbury's to list it as they always seem to have very competitive pricing. Just hope this set is comprehensive in terms of tracks included on the b-sides/remixes cd as I have very fond memories of the original 12" mixes of Suffer the Children and Pale Shelter, and that the In My Mind's Eye DVD has 5.1 mix.
Andy
Switchin' to Glide

Postby humanracer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:22 am

Hopefully Wino will be on CD for the first time
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby morgan1098 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:22 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by humanracer[/i]
<br>Hopefully Wino will be on CD for the first time
[/quote]

Wino will indeed be included! Full track list here:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... e-details/
morgan1098
Take On Me

Postby Sean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:39 am

The B-Sides disc is pretty cool. They include a lot more than the live show on that dvd. I'd put on all the conceptual videos with HQ and include a bunch of tv performances.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby crystal » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 am

Fantastic that both BBC sessions will be included! Looking extremely forward to this now, would have been nice to have the promo videos included for completist sake, but oh well.. For the right price, definetely a good investment!
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby crystal » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sean[/i]
<br> I'd put on all the conceptual videos with HQ and include a bunch of tv performances.
[/quote]

that would have been great indeed + makes one wonder, as they licence the Kid Jensen + John Peel Sesssions. It shouldn't have been that difficult to obtain the rights for the Top Of The Pops performances (BBC as well).
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby moni » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Bit annoying that the band blocked Saxophones As Opiates from appearing on this and even though it's a crap song The Way You Are (Extended) should have been included as well and i know it's on the 99 remaster but it belongs here as well. I'm just waiting now for sainsburys to put it up for preorder.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:43 am

Is there a US release date for the box set ? Otherwise i'll probably just get the 2cd version. Still hanging on to the 1999 remaster.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby discoginfo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:27 am

Chronologically, the single "The Way You Are" definitely belongs to the first LP, NOT the second. The single and the first LP both came out in 1983, whereas the second LP came in 1985. I realize that that single has been "associated" with the 2nd Lp on some reissue CDs, but the whole idea of a new CD set is that it's a NEW set, unassociated with any previous (more or less logical) efforts to do a reissue CD.

/JW

www.jonaswarstad.com
http://www.discog.info/tears-for-fears.html
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby Luke » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:27 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by moni[/i]
<br>Bit annoying that the band blocked Saxophones As Opiates from appearing on this and even though it's a crap song The Way You Are (Extended) should have been included as well and i know it's on the 99 remaster but it belongs here as well. I'm just waiting now for sainsburys to put it up for preorder.
[/quote]

That makes me also want to hang on to the 1999 remaster (which was ok. for me), but I think I'll consider buying the 2-disc Deluxe version as well.
Luke
Personal Jesus

Postby Sensoria » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:57 pm

The full album reissue info can be read here as well:

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/0 ... cklisting/

[:)]
Sensoria
The Jet Set

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations