Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Tears for Fears-The Hurting 2-disc and 4-disc sets

Postby profil » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:08 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by discoginfo[/i]
<br>Chronologically, the single "The Way You Are" definitely belongs to the first LP, NOT the second. The single and the first LP both came out in 1983, whereas the second LP came in 1985. I realize that that single has been "associated" with the 2nd Lp on some reissue CDs, but the whole idea of a new CD set is that it's a NEW set, unassociated with any previous (more or less logical) efforts to do a reissue CD.
[/quote]

Fully agreed. I would have loved to see both versions (7" and 12") of "The Way You Are" included on this release. I even like this song unlike most of the people here (at least that's what it seems).

And they should have also included "Saxophones As Opiates". Yes, I know the band has blocked the inclusion. But from my point of view such a release should be ultimate/definitve and therefore should include all official releases connected with this album. Because also some fans memories may be connected with these songs/versions. But I'm only a fan and completist, and what can I do if the artists change their mind after all those years.... Same with the 12" mix of Mr. Kershaws "Wild Horses".

But besides that the 4-disc-set has a great tracklist [:)]
Take On Me

Postby Neil Kelly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:59 pm

It's a total joke not including that when it's on a million and one cheapo compilations. Also 'The way you are' having the 'b' sides from it and not the actual song in both versions when it actually as you lot correctly state DOES belong. Third time unlucky they still can't get it right and expect us to pay £33.99 when we already own TWO versions of this on CD alone. Joke
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby mgidaho_old » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:38 am

Pre-ordered mine; I'm a sucker for a set like this!
mgidaho_old
Take On Me

Postby DavePlym » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 pm

I've pre-ordered it at £28.07. With the Amazon price guarantee if the price drops at all between now and release they honour the lowest price - will let you know the ultimate cost.
DavePlym
Take On Me

Postby Analogue » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:22 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Neil Kelly[/i]
<br> Third time unlucky they still can't get it right and expect us to pay £33.99 when we already own TWO versions of this on CD alone. Joke[/quote]
<br>Third time unlucky they still can't get it right and expect us to pay £33.99 when we already own TWO versions of this on CD alone. Joke[/quote]

Fourth time for me since I also have the Japanese pressing of 'The Hurting' as part of the 'Collusion' box set. Still, I wouldn't go as far as calling it a joke, but certainly a disappointment nonetheless. I'm apparently in the minority of fans who actually like 'The Way You Are' and 'Saxophones As Opiates' ...oh well.

Overall though, I'm absolutely ecstatic about the upcoming release of the 4-disc box set. To finally have both the single and extended versions of the original 'Pale Shelter (You Don't Give Me Love) from 1982 produced by Mike Howlett (apparently with an extra 30 seconds?), all the single versions and b-sides, the 'New Version' of 'Change' (advertised but not delivered on the 'Best Of Remixes' compilation), all the Peel AND Jensen sessions, and the DVD - outstanding!

Despite the inevitable missed opportunities such as the omissions mentioned above and in regards to videos and TV appearances on the DVD, and in light of possible issues with sound quality/mastering, I for one am extremely looking forward to this release.

Needless to say, I've already pre-ordered mine as well.

Here's one TV appearance I would like to have seen on the DVD:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N6mYnum5NdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Analogue
Take On Me

Postby Neil Kelly » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:40 am

Wonderful performance. Forgot about that one i think i have Synth Britannia somewhere... He says...
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Neil Kelly » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:46 am

OMG that bit about 2mins 20 is amazing. Needed extending out i'd rather listen to this than any studio version!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Analogue » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:15 am

I like how Roland's guitar complements the synths and adds a nice dimension to this live performance.

The audience doesn't seem too impressed though![:p]
Analogue
Take On Me

Postby Neil Kelly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:40 pm

Lol this sums up the music industry for me. The missing track is available EVERYWHERE including (yet) another compilation winging it's way to the shops very soon... https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co. ... =E11264563
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Neil Kelly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Also forgot to say here's the 2 disc version finally. Still not listed on Amazon. This is the version which'll get my money as much as i want the superior version. I've just forked out £59.95 on the Bananarama albums. That's too say 6 x 2 CD, 1 DVD... Off topic but worth every penny... https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co. ... =E11274968
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Analogue » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 am

<br>Lol this sums up the music industry for me. The missing track is available EVERYWHERE including (yet) another compilation winging it's way to the shops very soon...[/quote]

Sorry Neil, but which missing track are you referring to?
Analogue
Take On Me

Postby Neil Kelly » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:35 am

Oops, scanning th ewhole of ths thread and comments on some of the links it appears i have made a mistake thinging 'Saxophones As Opiates?' is the same as 'Ideas As Opiates'. My bad!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Neil Kelly » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 am

And now spelling mistakes / grammar errors. Guess that's what you get for typing in the dark, lol!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:21 pm

I thought sainsburys would be the cheapest for the deluxe edition but £32.99 [:0] I have ordered it from here http://tinyurl.com/lq4mevz by far the cheapest so far.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:38 am

humanracer
The Jet Set

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations