Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Lene Lovich - 2013 Remasters box set !

Postby pinkyblue82 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:07 am

Refund you as they are sold???!!! Wow. Just wow.
I wish I could have gotten a refund after the set arrived. And I wouldn't have felt a bit bad about it either.
pinkyblue82
Personal Jesus

Postby elviscaprice » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:59 am

These people are obviously totally whacked out. B-level artists trying to be business people. Doesn't surprise me, they thought they could do it on their own, and it shows.
LOL [8D] Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Is this really what it comes down to? They cannot give people refunds until they sell another? If they are that strapped for cash then it clearly shows this whole thing was an attempted 'fast cash' scheme. Guess it backfired. What will they do when the electric is shut off in Lene's flat and they cannot burn any further CD-R's? Had they just been upfront about it, they still may have sold those 100 sets, though I'm sure it would have taken much longer than two days.

And they keep harping on how factory pressed CD's are made from CD-R's. Yes, they are. My CD masters for Cherry Red were simply CD-R's I burned on my PC, and they met all of Jude's fancy guidelines. What they seem to forget is the CD-R is just the medium used to create the factory pressed CD's, which will not become unplayable over time. And there is a CD pressing option of 500, so the claim of a 1000 minimum is bullshit. Do you think he'll ever get it? I don't. But as has already been pointed out, pressing vinyl of these "remasters" is clearly more expensive than a batch of factory pressed CD's. But from previous comments, I think Jude's a vinyl fan and likely convinced a naïve elderly woman that the money would be best spent on vinyl instead of an appropriate CD format.

And from the count here and on another forum, there are only two of us LUCKY people who have the worthless box and received a refund. MP3's on CD-R's. I guess only two of us shouted loud enough. Gee, I feel so exclusive...
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby FanFan » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:34 pm

I won't dwell on the ignorance of the seller (is it Jude?) when it comes to the Smithereens box set I mentioned. What seems most crooked about this is the seller's seeming admission that my merchandise wasn't even close to having ever been sent--five months after they took my money. I've been disappointed in supporting artists before via things like Kickstarter, but I don't think I've ever been so blatantly swindled.
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby schwenko » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:59 pm

no cdrs received, no reply to my email asking what's up?
Which police department should I contact? Scotland Yard?

Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Wave » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33 am

How did they collect the money was it via paypal? If it was why not contact them, maybe as a group they will investigate and contact them for refunds?

I didn't order as I had been following some questions that were asked on their FB early on and had a feeling it would be CDR's.

Good Luck.
DJ Wave
Personal Jesus

Postby pinkyblue82 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:50 pm

I think after like 30 days Paypal will you offer no help whatsoever in the way of a refund, which really sucks. I'm still reeling in my disappointment over this whole fiasco and I really need to let it go.
P.S. Scott Davies you haven't called in forever. What's up with that, missy?
pinkyblue82
Personal Jesus

Postby elviscaprice » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:12 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by pinkyblue82[/i]
<br>I think after like 30 days Paypal will you offer no help whatsoever in the way of a refund, which really sucks. I'm still reeling in my disappointment over this whole fiasco and I really need to let it go.

[/quote]

Well, you do have recourse outside Paypal if you used a credit card. It's called a chargeback. If you used a CC, you call them and tell them you did not receive the product that you paid for. That is an automatic credit back. Hell with paypals rules. Paypal gets charged back and guess what, they go after the Lovich group for the money.
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby FanFan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:53 am

I can't manage a credit card refund, since (as with PayPal) too much time has passed--courtesy of my gullibility as Jude kept posting updates that everything was getting processed. Now it seems that I'm officially not a real Lene Lovich fan, since I'm disappointed to have not received merchandise that I ordered in early October.

As noted here, Jude has posted that some 001 box sets are now available, courtesy of fake fans like myself wanting out of the deal--which supposedly involves my chance of getting a refund. It doesn't look like Jude has found anyone to replace my spot in the parade of suckers, though.

I would've still been okay if I'd received the shoddy box sets. At least then it wouldn't have been a total con. As Jude has made clear, though, my merchandise was never even close to having ever been put in the mail. Anyone have a count on how many other people have simply had their money taken without anything in return?
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby schwenko » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:05 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by FanFan[/i]
<br>I can't manage a credit card refund, since (as with PayPal) too much time has passed--courtesy of my gullibility as Jude kept posting updates that everything was getting processed. Now it seems that I'm officially not a real Lene Lovich fan, since I'm disappointed to have not received merchandise that I ordered in early October.

As noted here, Jude has posted that some 001 box sets are now available, courtesy of fake fans like myself wanting out of the deal--which supposedly involves my chance of getting a refund. It doesn't look like Jude has found anyone to replace my spot in the parade of suckers, though.

I would've still been okay if I'd received the shoddy box sets. At least then it wouldn't have been a total con. As Jude has made clear, though, my merchandise was never even close to having ever been put in the mail. Anyone have a count on how many other people have simply had their money taken without anything in return?
[/quote]

raises hand

Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Mmm, hey girl! I've thought about calling several times, but you know Matt occupies my weekends. The weeknights have just been so blah because this is literally the worst winter we've had in Ohio history. It just won't stop snowing! I just sink into my recliner when I get home from work and do very little. I just finished all 325 episodes of my Mary Hartman DVD box set, and now I miss the whole clan. Ha!

But I did just lose 10 LBS on the Atkins diet over the last month, so that's helped me from totally sinking into a winter funk. If you are available tonight, I'll give you a call. I've been on a massive Siouxsie kick since I had a dream on Saturday morning, and have just spent about $500 on Siouxsie vinyl in the past 48 hours. So yes, it's time we talk!

[quote][i]Originally posted by pinkyblue82[/i]
<br>I think after like 30 days Paypal will you offer no help whatsoever in the way of a refund, which really sucks. I'm still reeling in my disappointment over this whole fiasco and I really need to let it go.
P.S. Scott Davies you haven't called in forever. What's up with that, missy?
[/quote]
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby bjorn82 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:52 am

Try to contact facebook and let them know that they have ripped people off ?
bjorn82
Take On Me

Postby schwenko » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:45 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by bjorn82[/i]
<br>Try to contact facebook and let them know that they have ripped people off ?
[/quote]

just left a message- let's see how long it gets deleted[:p]

Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby FanFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Hey, I got one of the two copies of the Lene Lovich box that I ordered today! And just a few days from making it an even five months since I placed my order. Will I get my second one? Well, they took my money--if that means anything.

As for the product: it's not a disaster. I would've been fine with paying $40 for it. The actual box is a joke, but things could be worse. I have the original Stiff Box, so this was more about supporting Lene than anything else. Still pretty pathetic that I had to wait almost five months to judge for myself, while being lectured about how I'm not a real Lene fan in the process. Still a chance I'll get ripped off for the second one that hasn't arrived, too.
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby RevUp64 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:31 pm

I received my copy last Friday and have listened to most of it. It sounds fine to me. Since I listen to all of my music either in my car via iPhone or through a computer connected to my stereo receiver, I don't care much about the packaging or anything else. I appreciate what they were after with this project and am content with what I got. I can't imagine they are trying to rip anyone off, but it is clear that the administrative work needed to pull this off is far more extensive than they planned for.
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations