Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Lene Lovich - 2013 Remasters box set !

Postby schwenko » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:13 am

well, after a few nasty emails I received a refund to my PayPal account. No email from the LL camp, just a notification from PayPal that I had a refund that I needed to acknowledge.
It's a shame about this. I would have been happy to receive the cds (cg-r s).

Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby aquarius » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:39 am

Finally received my copy. I don't hear any appreciable differences in these 'remastered' albums from any of the older editions like the ones Rhino reissued. Had I known this beforehand and had I known what a ridiculous amount of time it took to receive it, I never would have ordered in the first place. Caveat Emptor.
aquarius
Running Up That Hill

Postby FanFan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:15 am

Just wanted to add to that very good point--being that the box set CD-Rs are okay, but I'm not hearing any real differences in audio, despite a few wild endorsements on the Lene Lovich Band Facebook page. I was already suspicious of the Facebook members raving on there before, but even more so now.

And, of course, I'm waiting for my second box set that I originally ordered. This still seems like a project that would've been nice to own for $40 US, but definitely overpriced at around $80.
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby anemiccinema » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:05 am

I lucked out and walked into a record store today and picked up a beautiful Picture Disc copy of Stateless for 3 dollars, also a beautiful copy of Say When 12" for a dollar. SO HAPPY!
anemiccinema
Personal Jesus

Postby FanFan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:55 am

One good thing about this for lucky fans who didn't get ripped off on this deal: Used copies of THE STIFF YEARS are showing up at reasonable prices on Amazon for the first time in a while. Maybe some fans decided to trade in their copies after getting the CD-R reissues--hard as that is for me to believe. Mainly, it's hard to believe that people ever got their copies. I'm still waiting for my second one as I get closer to the 6-month mark since ordering.
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:38 pm

They may get a second chance. I'm seriously considering putting my box set on eBay. Maybe in the next week. I've got no use for it.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby pinkyblue82 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Oh, I'll bid on it LOL.
pinkyblue82
Personal Jesus

Postby danadotcom » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:39 am

No second set yet, FanFan? Nuts! If these things are simply CDRs what takes so long? I can burn an 80 minute CDR of music in under 5 minutes. A trip to the post office would take me another 10 minutes. So 6 months? Again I ask, who's running this show?
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Postby Barmy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:00 am

I think the box set also comes with a badge. It's not so simple.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby pinkyblue82 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:18 am

Barmy, I'm laughing at that one!
pinkyblue82
Personal Jesus

Postby Yachtingtype » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:23 pm

I haven’t bought a new release CD in over two years purely out of choice and being heavily consumed with vinyl, used vinyl that is. I still frequent NWO but only to read the latest propaganda but I did want to post in regard to this new Lene Lovich CD box set that was just released. I am trying to grasp the concept, or more so gimmick of this release. I am all for supporting artists especially those who are deserving of it. I have a handful of great CDr’s that were released by the artists themselves (i.e. 4 Out Of 5 Doctors, Bootcamp, Angel & The Reruns, and Pulsator (ex-Suburban Lawns members). I would have been tempted to purchase this recent box set release if I had only made the effort. I guess my questions are: Does the sound quality suck? Is it claiming to have been a direct transfer from the master tapes? Are there any bonus tracks?
Yachtingtype
The Jet Set

Postby aquarius » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Yachtingtype[/i]
<br> Does the sound quality suck? Is it claiming to have been a direct transfer from the master tapes? Are there any bonus tracks?
[/quote]

I'm no audiofile, but personally I don't hear any appreciable improvements sound wise of the discs in the box set compared to the various older CD releases. Some have said the tracks sound/look super compressed and brickwalled and lack dynamics. As for direct transfers from masters, I don't believe 100% of the tracks are directly from the masters. I think there were a few cases where the masters were said to be long gone, but where or what they used as a substitute, I don't know. Yes there are bonus tracks on the 4th disc, titled 'Others'. It's mostly B-sides but there is one previously unreleased track, 'Alpha Girls'. It's a shame that 'New Toy' does not appear at all in the set.
aquarius
Running Up That Hill

Re: Lene Lovich - 2013 Remasters box set !

Postby Rubellan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 pm

For anyone who still might want this, there's one listed on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1280067668
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby FanFan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Just to update anyone else who's been ripped off--I sent off an email on Wednesday asking if I was just supposed to be happy to have received one disappointing box set, and if the Lene Lovich camp just planned to keep my money for the other box set that hasn't arrived. No reply yet, so I'm guessing they're settling into the scam at this point. After all, it's now been over six months.
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:42 am

To my bafflement and surprise a copy of the second box set just arrived.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations