Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Room - No Dream (best of) CD

The Room - No Dream (best of) CD

Postby gazebo » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:26 am

LTM release

April 2004 sees the very first CD by The Room, the cult Liverpool band who released three albums and a slew of singles between 1980 and 1986. Formed by songwriter Dave Jackson and bassist Becky Stringer in 1979, The Room reaped critical acclaim with singles such as In Sickness And In Health and Things Have Learnt To Walk That Ought To Crawl, as well as the album Indoor Fireworks (1982) and several John Peel BBC sessions. In 1983-84 the band had a shot a chart success on a major label, with the excellent album In Evil Hour produced by John Porter (Smiths) and mercurial Television personality Tom Verlaine. In 1988 the core of the band morphed into Benny Profane, and later still became Dead Cowboys.
No Dream is an unashamed Best Of compilation spanning the band's entire career, comprising singles, choice album cuts and unreleased demo tracks from their final studio session. From the monochrome post-punk of debut single Motion to the rich textures of In Evil Hour, even the most cursory listen reveals The Room as one of the most criminally underrated bands of their time. 18 tracks, 74 minutes of music, with detailed band history from singer and chief songwriter Dave Jackson.

| tracklist
01 Motion
02 In Sickeness And In Health
03 Bated Breath
04 Things Have Learnt To Walk that Ought To Crawl
05 No Dream
06 Hate Haze
07 100 Years
08 Never (demo)
09 The Ride
10 A Short Of Fire
11 Whirlpool
12 Jackpot Jack
13 Crying Red
14 Calloused Hands
15 Here Comes The Floor (demo)
16 Untitled (demo)
17 The Storm (demo)
18 Jeremiah (demo)
gazebo
Personal Jesus

Postby ekahob » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:54 am

Where's "New Dreams For Old"? That's the only song I have from them. I have it on both 7" & 12".
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby Gavin » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:05 am

I bought this and it's very good. It sounds like the Wild Swans.
Gavin
Gavin
Switchin' to Glide

Postby gazebo » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:28 am

Hi ekahob,

I'm sure LTM will be releasing more cd's by The Room, like they did with other artists like- Stockholm monsters- The wake- Paul Haig-ludus-Minny pops.
gazebo
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations