Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New INFORMATION SOCIETY!!!!!

New INFORMATION SOCIETY!!!!!

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:59 am

This morning a friend texted me that he had heard Information Society had a new album coming out this September! A long-time fan, I went to their website http://informationsociety.us and confirmed that "_hello world" is the new album and it will be released on September 23rd. The samples of the album sound absolutely AMAZING! Not exactly "retro", as it definitely sounds contemporary, but it definitely has their signature sound and style. Kurt's distinctive vocals and delivery sound strong as ever.

Then, as icing on the cake, I discovered that the band has an online store http://informationsociety.bandcamp.com/ where you can buy 11 of their releases including many hard to find classic tracks in various formats (MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless etc)! So at the moment I'm in a bit of synthpop heaven! I just bought their new 6-track single "Land Of The Blind" which includes the "_hello world" album version, 4 absolutely bangin' remixes and the exclusive track "Me And My Rhythm Box"! If you've ever been a fan, I can't urge you enough to check into their new stuff! It's like an electro-christmas :D

Oh yeah, if all this wasn't enough, I also learned that their old record label, Tommy Boy Records, has released a dozen new 2014 remixes of their classic hit "Running"! So far I've bought the Eric Kupper mix, but some of the others are quite interesting...
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Re: New INFORMATION SOCIETY!!!!!

Postby Fred Taghon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:04 am

Information Society's new album, "_hello world" was officially released yesterday, September 23rd. I got my copy in the mail a few days early and was absolutely stunned. It's AWESOME!!!! Probably the most impressive synthpop/electronic album by an established artist that I've heard in ages (sorry, Depeche Mode). No filler tracks at all - EVERY song is solid and the production is top notch (Paul Robb still on his game!) and Kurt's vocals are as strong as ever. My personal faves so far (and it's hard to narrow it down!) are "Land Of The Blind", "Where Were You?", "Jonestown", "Dancing With Strangers" (holy wow does this one kick butt!), "Creatures Of Light And Darkness" and "Let It Burn". Their cover of Devo's "Beautiful World" (featuring vocals from Devo's own Gerald Casale) is tons of fun, presented in an almost 8-bit style. The entire collection is quite impressive. There's definitely a classic InSoc vibe throughout, but it's also very "now" and fresh. Can't recommend this album enough!!!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby crichert » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Cool!! Thanks for the review! Interested in picking this one up now!! :P

Fred Taghon wrote:Information Society's new album, "_hello world" was officially released yesterday, September 23rd. I got my copy in the mail a few days early and was absolutely stunned. It's AWESOME!!!! Probably the most impressive synthpop/electronic album by an established artist that I've heard in ages (sorry, Depeche Mode). No filler tracks at all - EVERY song is solid and the production is top notch (Paul Robb still on his game!) and Kurt's vocals are as strong as ever. My personal faves so far (and it's hard to narrow it down!) are "Land Of The Blind", "Where Were You?", "Jonestown", "Dancing With Strangers" (holy wow does this one kick butt!), "Creatures Of Light And Darkness" and "Let It Burn". Their cover of Devo's "Beautiful World" (featuring vocals from Devo's own Gerald Casale) is tons of fun, presented in an almost 8-bit style. The entire collection is quite impressive. There's definitely a classic InSoc vibe throughout, but it's also very "now" and fresh. Can't recommend this album enough!!!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:15 am

Have to agree with people here , got my copy today and really like what I am hearing , great album
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby PKPN » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:16 am

Track 12 of the CD sounds like just brief blips of noise, but in true InSoc fashion, it embodies a secret message: a pointer to additional audio content on the InSoc website. Happy hunting. :D
PKPN
Take On Me

Postby dbonser » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:01 am

PKPN wrote:Track 12 of the CD sounds like just brief blips of noise, but in true InSoc fashion, it embodies a secret message: a pointer to additional audio content on the InSoc website. Happy hunting. :D

Interesting. No track 12 when you purchase the digital version though. :(
dbonser
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:13 am

dbonser wrote:
PKPN wrote:Track 12 of the CD sounds like just brief blips of noise, but in true InSoc fashion, it embodies a secret message: a pointer to additional audio content on the InSoc website. Happy hunting. :D

Interesting. No track 12 when you purchase the digital version though. :(

I don't even know where to start with the bonus track clue!?!? :-(

They are preparing "Get Back" to be the next single. So many great tracks on this album! At the moment, I find that I go to "Land Of The Blind" (easily among my all-time favorite InSoc songs), "Creatures Of Light And Darkness", "Dancing With A Stranger" and "Let It Burn" when I only have time to listen to one or two tracks.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby dbonser » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:19 pm

I didn't see it mentioned on the site anywhere else yet...

Orders Of Magnitude was released March 11th. From the bancamp site:

Like their 2014 album ‘_hello world’, this album features the original line-up of Paul Robb, Kurt Harland Larson and James Cassidy. Unlike the 2014 effort, the new collection of songs is entirely covers.

The group has raised eyebrows with their selection of several “sacred cows” of popular music, including the Human League’s ’Don’t You Want Me Baby’ and the Sisters Of Mercy’s ‘Dominion’.
dbonser
Switchin' to Glide

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations