Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New albums, reissues & compilations to watch in 2015

Re: New albums, reissues & compilations to watch in 2015

Postby negative1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Neil Kelly wrote:Yes it is confirmed. As for a wish list i wouldn't know where to start. Actually i could state a Madonna: Singles versions / Edits 3-4 disc set. Agree with The Madness (1988) double edition maybe with some demos and the important missing S on the spine. The 2nd Madness Singles box due due in 2004 would be nice lol but wno't happen. Then i'd go to Kraftwerk single mixes / exteded mixes box set (demos would be incredible like scheduled Tour de France album from 1983). The 2 -3 new live tracks (which i loved) from around 1997/1998 would be amazing i've only waited almost 2 decades for those and have actually given up on it EVER happening now since they failed to appear on TDF Soundtracks. They did promise first two albums remastered also years ago. Then again Kraftwerk should be German for 'Unforfilled promises'. Promising a new album since 2010. The B-52's are also due a proper remaster / rarities set/s. A Thompson Twins DVD / Blu ray of as many videos as possible and BBC performances.

Then loads of 80's stuff which is missing on CD, badly mastered, badly remastered etc.

On the new album front i'd mention Kraftwerk (again), Madness, OMD, Duran Duran, The Prodigy, Tears for fears, Adam Ant, Level 42. Think there's a very good chance on many of them especially Adam Ant, Duran Duran, Madness & The Prodigy.

you might want to post your wish list here, to avoid confusion:
==============================================================
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35125&start=15

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Aevion93 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Neil Kelly wrote:Yes it is confirmed. As for a wish list i wouldn't know where to start. Actually i could state a Madonna: Singles versions / Edits 3-4 disc set. Agree with The Madness (1988) double edition maybe with some demos and the important missing S on the spine. The 2nd Madness Singles box due due in 2004 would be nice lol but wno't happen. Then i'd go to Kraftwerk single mixes / exteded mixes box set (demos would be incredible like scheduled Tour de France album from 1983). The 2 -3 new live tracks (which i loved) from around 1997/1998 would be amazing i've only waited almost 2 decades for those and have actually given up on it EVER happening now since they failed to appear on TDF Soundtracks. They did promise first two albums remastered also years ago. Then again Kraftwerk should be German for 'Unforfilled promises'. Promising a new album since 2010. The B-52's are also due a proper remaster / rarities set/s. A Thompson Twins DVD / Blu ray of as many videos as possible and BBC performances.

Then loads of 80's stuff which is missing on CD, badly mastered, badly remastered etc.

On the new album front i'd mention Kraftwerk (again), Madness, OMD, Duran Duran, The Prodigy, Tears for fears, Adam Ant, Level 42. Think there's a very good chance on many of them especially Adam Ant, Duran Duran, Madness & The Prodigy.

The Kraftwerk ones would be a big ask. They don't seem to like releasing compilations and things like that, even going as far as to produce The Mix to avoid a greatest hits/singles compilation release. I never got into their albums pre-Autobahn but I'd be interested in giving them a shot!

Spandau Ballet's catalogue needs to be remastered again imo. Probably not what should be on a priority list, but maybe in the future. Then give me Madonna's first five albums remastered and expanded, and I'll be happy. But it seems that will never happen.
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby Neil Kelly » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:06 am

Yeah i can't be bothered with the big re-issue list i did see that thread. I think i'm right in saying Enigma finally have a new album out in 2015. Hope Tom Bailey of Thompson Twins does too! Even a re-recorded Twins set would be nice with the new lyrics for 'If you were here' included
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby crystal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:50 am

16th March: 23 Skidoo - Beyond Time (CD+DVD)

http://home.planet.nl/~frankbri/twi1223cd.html
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Frank_Chickens » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Dominik500 wrote:My wish list:

Philip Jap - Jap
Hambi And The Dance - Heartache
Those French Girls - Those French Girls
Space Monkey - On The Beam
OMD - The Pacific Age
Fiat Lux anything...
Mummy Calls - Mummy Calls
Lelo & The Levants - Lelo
Dekka Danse - Waltz In The Wilderness
National Pastime - Built To Break
Red - In Motion
Freeze Frame - Singles Collection

I'm sure there's plenty more, but those are off the top of my head.

Dominik

And here's a few more:

Haircut 100 - Paint and Paint
Private Lives - Prejudice and Pride
Dekka Danse - Waltz in the Wilderness
Music for Pleasure - Into The Rain & Blacklands
--

"A cynic is what a optimist calls a realist"
Frank_Chickens
Room at the Top

Postby Frank_Chickens » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Thanks for the list Sensoria, very useful.
--

"A cynic is what a optimist calls a realist"
Frank_Chickens
Room at the Top

Postby Sensoria » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Frank_Chickens wrote:Thanks for the list Sensoria, very useful.

You're welcome, Frank!
Sensoria
The Jet Set

Postby crystal » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:31 am

no date set yet (Spring 2015):
The Wake - "Here Comes Everybody" 2CD Deluxe Edition
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Would love to see The Wake's album getting reissued. Their current stuff has been badly mastered from vinyl.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Phoenix » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Thought I read that Duran Duran was working on a new disc, that sounds like their last one(AYNIN) which I liked.

Peter Murphy-Deep would be an excellent remaster to do IMO, and those Kraftwerk cds would be freakin amazing to get remastered as well, especially the TDF mixes.
"Keepin the '80s alive!"
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Phoenix » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:59 pm

Also, I don't think anyone here would refer to him as "new wave", but how about Corey Hart reissues?

I've heard an extended of "Never Surrender" that I really enjoyed. I'm sure there are more mixes of that and others, anyone have any info on if there's ever been any reissues before?
"Keepin the '80s alive!"
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Postby Aevion93 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:24 pm

DJ Phoenix wrote:

Thought I read that Duran Duran was working on a new disc, that sounds like their last one(AYNIN) which I liked.

Peter Murphy-Deep would be an excellent remaster to do IMO, and those Kraftwerk cds would be freakin amazing to get remastered as well, especially the TDF mixes.

Yep, Duran Duran is indeed working on a new album with Mark Ronson (can't wait!). Madness and Tears for Fears are as well, and I think OMD too (one of my all-time favourite bands here!). The Prodigy's new album has been announced (as you probably all know now) and its coming out next month.
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby obs » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:26 am

ZTT's The Value of Entertainment / ZTT Sampled has finally be reissued on CD+DVD
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QU3T3AO/
http://www.discogs.com/release/5924625
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Neil Kelly » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:34 am

Yes, DJ Phoenix, Duran are indeed working on the album as i stated (with Mark Ronson and Nile Rogers producing (no less). Doesn't mean at this point it'll definitely come out this year (could even be shelved although i doubt it) but if i was to take a guess i'd say it will about August! OMD maybe October. All guess work of course. I saw Kraftwerk 3D show 2 nights running in Amsterdam January 2015 and amazingly met Ralf outside. And the 'new' guy (who does visuals much like Florian did). I knew it'll make no difference but i did say please release your new album! Also saw Kraftwerk in Vienna 4 times in 29 hours last year and 5 times in a week in London, 2013. All 'The Catalogue' 3D shows
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby crystal » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:02 pm

18th April, 2015:
Crispy Ambulance - Compulsion (LP - new album)

04th May, 2015 (now with release date):
The Wake - Here comes everybody + Singles (2CD Deluxe)

06th April, 2015 (now with release date)
Section 25 - Always now (2CD Deluxe)

http://home.planet.nl/~frankbri/
crystal
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations