Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15


Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby anfunny2003 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:14 am

Image

Out March 30th via Cherry Red! First time ever on CD! :P

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/cherryred-exd.asp?id=4982

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SHTH054

Track Listing

Disc: 1

1. A Bad Town
2. Loverama
3. Let's Hold Together
4. When Things Fall Apart
5. (Call Me) Soul Man
6. Be True to Yourself
7. Moving Heaven and Earth
8. My Hell Shaped Room
9. This Is the Day
10. I'm Stronger Now
11. This House (Is Where Love Stands)

Bonus Tracks

12. This House(Is Where Love Stands) (Single Version)
13. Bad Town (Single Version)
14. Moving Heaven and Earth (Single Version)
15. Don't Let Our Love Start a War (Single Version)

Disc: 2

1. This House (Is Where Love Stands) (Extended Version)
2. I Miss My Baby
3. In the Hands of Love
4. (Call Me) Soul Man (Live)
5. A Bad Town (Extended Version)
6. Excuse Me Please
7. It's Not My Way
8. A Bad Town (Special Mix)
9. History of the World
10. Personal Business
11. Somebody Up There Likes Her
12. The Person I Want to Be
13. This House (Is Where Love Stands) (New Mix)
14. Moving Heaven and Earth (Revisited)
15. A Family Thing
16. The Whole World Is An Institution
17. Mother Help Us All
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:27 am
Location:

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby cork » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:51 pm

Apart from This House (Is Where Love Stands) - I don't know much about this band.

Does this albums sound similar in vain to "This House (Is Where Love Stands)"?
cork
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby Last Film Star » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:45 pm

One hit and even that one hit wasn't really that great. Interesting only for the fact it's one of those songs that very rarely shows up on 80's compilations. In fact I don't think I've ever seen it on CD before. I'm not buying a whole album to get it either. I have an mp3 that sounds pretty good and that will have to do for now.

The song appeared on the Hit 2 compilation album in the UK.
Last Film Star
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:05 am

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby crichert » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:21 pm

I agree completely!! There are SO MANY other albums that just beg for an expanded 2-CD collection and yet to see the light of day on CD...this is not even on my radar. I'm sure there are fans out there, but based on all of the posts on this group and the countless blogs I visit that post vinyl rips of some amazing albums, never have I seen anything by this group, ever. I'd love to know how many copies of this collection is Cherry Red ends up selling. :?


Last Film Star wrote:One hit and even that one hit wasn't really that great. Interesting only for the fact it's one of those songs that very rarely shows up on 80's compilations. In fact I don't think I've ever seen it on CD before. I'm not buying a whole album to get it either. I have an mp3 that sounds pretty good and that will have to do for now.

The song appeared on the Hit 2 compilation album in the UK.
crichert
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:11 am
Location: Canada

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby philipp84lemke » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:15 pm

crichert wrote:I agree completely!! There are SO MANY other albums that just beg for an expanded 2-CD collection and yet to see the light of day on CD


Of course, there are so many others, I would prefer over that album, like albums from Hambi And The Dance, Dekka Danse, A Drop In The Gray and so on. BUT there are so many problems concerning the achievement of a rerelease of an album, as some labels impose restrictions, proper master tapes, rights of the songs etc.
So let us be glad that Cherry Red offers us a 2 CD collection with material that would otherwise never see the light of day on CD! Although it's subjectively not the best album and not the most well known album, it is surely worth some listenings. I have only owned "A Bad Town" and find it's quite a decent song. I am going to buy that album and hope to listen to some surprises!
philipp84lemke
Take On Me
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:02 am
Location:

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby crichert » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:55 pm

True, good points! Who knows, there could be hidden treasures on those 2 discs! Looking forward to your review of it, philipp84lemke! :)

philipp84lemke wrote:
crichert wrote:I agree completely!! There are SO MANY other albums that just beg for an expanded 2-CD collection and yet to see the light of day on CD


Of course, there are so many others, I would prefer over that album, like albums from Hambi And The Dance, Dekka Danse, A Drop In The Gray and so on. BUT there are so many problems concerning the achievement of a rerelease of an album, as some labels impose restrictions, proper master tapes, rights of the songs etc.
So let us be glad that Cherry Red offers us a 2 CD collection with material that would otherwise never see the light of day on CD! Although it's subjectively not the best album and not the most well known album, it is surely worth some listenings. I have only owned "A Bad Town" and find it's quite a decent song. I am going to buy that album and hope to listen to some surprises!
crichert
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:11 am
Location: Canada

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby Barmy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Cherry Red releases so much obvious dross that it is great to see BSA get a release. Yes, there are tons of more deserving bands (WHERE ARE YOU FIAT LUX?), but for this to come out of nowhere is a nice surprise.
Barmy
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:24 am
Location:

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby crichert » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:25 am

A deluxe Fiat Lux release is LONG overdue!!

Barmy wrote:Cherry Red releases so much obvious dross that it is great to see BSA get a release. Yes, there are tons of more deserving bands (WHERE ARE YOU FIAT LUX?), but for this to come out of nowhere is a nice surprise.
crichert
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:11 am
Location: Canada

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby Dominik500 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:19 pm

I like this album and will buy the cd, but I agree with Phillip84lemke & Crichert... Hambi & The Dance, Dekka Danse & Fiat Lux need to be on CD. I'll add Phillip Jap & Space Monkey to that list...
"You say I've got my father's aching hips, I've got ulcers too.
You've got your mother's looks, but she's 45, not 22." The Quarks - "Mechanical" (1981 Magnet Records)
Dominik500
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:53 am
Location: USA

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby nlgbbbblth » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:03 am

Last Film Star wrote:One hit and even that one hit wasn't really that great. Interesting only for the fact it's one of those songs that very rarely shows up on 80's compilations. In fact I don't think I've ever seen it on CD before. I'm not buying a whole album to get it either. I have an mp3 that sounds pretty good and that will have to do for now.

The song appeared on the Hit 2 compilation album in the UK.


Yes Hits 2 and also on Teldec's Cocktail Hour and Cool Emotions compilation which did get a CD release.

Review - https://apopfansdream.wordpress.com/201 ... ldec-1985/
nlgbbbblth
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:00 am

Re: Big Sound Authority - An Inward Revolution 2CD 30/03/15

Postby xymox970 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:11 pm

Well.......reading this thread is really quite surprising.

I mean.....there are so many discussion lists / blogs / threads out there about "the usual 80s suspects" (the big bands) and much less about "the usual 80s rare / obscure / unreleased material" (cult favorites) - but even so, some usual names pop up quite often on those......BUT when a band that truly deserves as much praise as possible - such as this one - comes up, its topic is used up once again to mention all the other favorites waiting to be released (some of which have finally got their due).

This is a band I knew from back then (1985) only for their one minor hit - This House Is Where Your Love Stands.
I really really loved that song every since I first heard it.....but had no idea about the rest of the material.
A Bad Town is just as good - if not even a better single and the others are good also, BUT when I finally heard the album and now the 2CD complete package, I was completely blown away about just good they really were.
Almost every song on the 2CD set a true gem.

There is quality - writing / performing / playing wise - oozing out from every ounce of this group.
Great female / male vocal partnership.
Sure......there were a little rough around the edges, but their heart was really in it - you can hear it clearly just by listening to this release on your player.....not to even mention searching out their live material.

Really a great shame they could not last longer.
xymox970
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 am
Location: Croatia


Return to News, Reissues & Compilations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests