Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Duran Duran - Paper Gods due Sep 2015

Duran Duran - Paper Gods due Sep 2015

Postby humanracer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Press release tomorrow:

Alleged cover art:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2miww3.jpg

Review by Mavie of a 5 track promo CD (I haven't heard it)

1 - Pressure Off - amazing and catchy - love it
The rest I think are all Mr Hudson
2 - Kill me with silence (not kill me softly) - very electro synth heavy but current not 80s - great drum programming
3 - What are the chances - epic uptempo ballad - with ting of AVTAK - John F guitars I think incredible song!!!!
4 - Last night in the city - this is the one with keisza I think (def a female in chorus and backing vocals that sound like her) - sounds like it belongs in clubs - dance heavy and catchy!!!huge hooks in chorus
5 - Paper Gods - epic brooding Depeche Mode/Muse like sound - think it has the choir in intro and parts but not obvious - Best DD track I have heard! 7.10 minutes long
I reckon this is the album title - warners don't know

Pressure off is just so polished and very different than the rest of them (4)- Janelle has a amazing piece in middle 8
Kill me with silence - reminds me of an updated Love Voodoo musically and in the verses - and the chorus is more balled like
What are the chances is a big ballad with amazing different sounding guitar (steve Jones or john F - the latter i think) and incredible strings - most Duran song on here and could be on any of there albums actually
Last Night in the city is current fav - huge chorus and really well done - this could be a single for sure - kiesza on this and she is on it a lot
Paper gods is like New Religion v the Valley - very dark and epic and really is amazing - unlike anything they have done - def Muse/Depeche Mode
dark and political lyrics i think

all songs 4 min plus
there is NO guest appearance on the album for anyone starting with B - Katy confirmed this and i asked if it happened or not e.g. could it be a bonus track (didn't get a reply)
Lindsay Lohan is on the album!
I also think Nile and Mark only have 2 tracks that made it - I know the second song title but can't share yet

Read more: http://duranduranboard.proboards.com/th ... z3d4S0PjRY
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Re: Duran Duran - Paper Gods due Sep 2015

Postby omar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Definitely looking forward to the new album . With both Nile Rodgers and Mark Ronson involved you know you'll be getting some killer tunes . As far as the album title goes...... I Dunno know.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:36 pm

I was looking forward to this until I found that Nile Rodgers had interfered and essentially pushed Mark Ronson out (I understand Mark is only involved in 4 songs). Nile was responsible for Duran losing a huge part of their audience with that dance/funk Notorious shit, and Big Thing just confirmed it. I didn't look at Duran again until Ronson saved them and helped them rediscover their sound. When I heard 'Pressure Off' a couple months ago, I thought it was the most bland and embarrassing piece of shit, and I unfollowed Duran on Facebook and put them out of my mind. I'm sure the new album's going to have very little for people who appreciate their original sound, rather than the sell out funk crap that Nile Rodgers will have them spew forth. I'm sure I will sample the album on iTunes, and I would like to be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt I will.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Oh, and for a band who don't necessarily claim they are trying to be their former selves, the sleeve (which currently looks like a grade school project) consists of symbols from the first few albums: Cherry Ice Cream, Rio's smile, Girls on Film wrestler, a tiger, etc...
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:15 am

Duran Duran said a year or two ago that Paper Gods was gonna be a groove heavy album, hence it would make sense to have Nile Rodgers involved. And i think both him and Mark Ronson have produced two or three songs each. yes, the sleeve is pretty awful.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Neil Kelly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:11 pm

'Notorious shit'. What you on about? Probably lost fans as a gap in career and was 1986 with 2 members down. Their last album was their finest to date. I'm sure this will be great too.
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby crystal » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:02 am

the new single is rather Nile Rodgers feat. Simon Le Bon...
Never liked those funky guitarlicks + the track is very much just the dull danceradiostuff these days. Hopefully better songs to be found on the album.
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Had to get the new single from Google Play. Surprised that iTunes & Amazon don't have it yet. Anyway wasn't really impressed. Lets just hope that the album is far better. Nile has done some great stuff with DD but this is so so .
omar
Room at the Top

Postby ApolloZero » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:35 pm

The preorder says the artwork is not finalized yet, btw.
ApolloZero
The Jet Set

Postby ApolloZero » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Mark Ronson and Nile Rodgers both involved in Pressure Off.
ApolloZero
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:35 pm

And yet it's still an awful piece of dull, shallow garbage.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby pinkyblue82 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:30 am

You're gonna scream, but I love this song and I would buy the album based on it.
pinkyblue82
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Just listened to 'Paper Gods (the song)'. Utterly faceless 90's sounding dance crap. As if the painful 'Pressure Off' wasn't bad enough. How many expect Paper Gods, the album, will be viewed as another Red Carpet Massacre bomb in the next year or two, complete with the loss of yet another record contract? Those boys never learn a thing. They spent years trying to regain momentum, they succeeded with the All You Need Is Now album (the first Duran album I felt was worth keeping since 1983), and now they've thrown it all away once again. They just seem like a confused mess of mis-direction.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby pinkyblue82 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Coming from someone who loves Pressure Off and was indeed excited about the new album, the song Paper Gods is indeed paper thin trash. Sorry Duranies, you're in denial. I have to cancel my preorder for now.
pinkyblue82
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:14 pm

I just heard another new song you 'You kill me with silence'. Dreadful, absolutely dreadful. I wanted to be killed with something after listening to this 3rd dud in a row. I guess it's safe to say I will stay far away from this new bomb. I hope it makes them the laughing stock they deserve for this dreck.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations