Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Sire Box Set

Postby SwampThing » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:22 am

After reading Ekahobs post I went back and counted and realized I have 44 of the 59 tracks on CD, of the 15 I don't have I'm only interested in a 5 or 6. If the price is right I might buy if it includes a DVD of videos.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:57 am

I agree with Yipyipcoyote, they should have included A Letter From Afar.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:37 am

But why should people pay monetary tyribute to Sire for a 100th copy of the same songs?? They coould have done two tribute releases, each a mix of well know and half rarities. I don't want to have to but the mashed potatoes just to get at the gravy, or is is the other way around????

No disrespect intended, I just clamor for rarities because all the common stuff is, well, all too common.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby korova1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:50 am

Yeah, alot of this stuff is not new to me either! "Fire Woman", wow!But, it makes me wonder... by acknowledging and putting out a release like this, I wonder if the door is now opened at Warner Bros/Sire for some more interesting rarities and the forgotten mixes of the 80's will see the light of day! I must admit it is impressive that WB would even do this to begin with! Hopefully the day will come when we can drive to our local CD store and pick up a REMASTERED Wild Swans, Mighty Lemon Drops, Tom Tom Club, Radio Birdman, Flamin' Groovies, Telex CD with bonus tracks actually on the Sire label. Things could be lookin' up!
korova1
Personal Jesus

Postby Alex Hush » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:42 am

Let's not get crazy ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by korova1[/i]
<br>Yeah, alot of this stuff is not new to me either! "Fire Woman", wow!But, it makes me wonder... by acknowledging and putting out a release like this, I wonder if the door is now opened at Warner Bros/Sire for some more interesting rarities and the forgotten mixes of the 80's will see the light of day! I must admit it is impressive that WB would even do this to begin with! Hopefully the day will come when we can drive to our local CD store and pick up a REMASTERED Wild Swans, Mighty Lemon Drops, Tom Tom Club, Radio Birdman, Flamin' Groovies, Telex CD with bonus tracks actually on the Sire label. Things could be lookin' up!
[/quote]
Alex Hush
Personal Jesus

Postby ekahob » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:22 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Grunch[/i]
<br>But why should people pay monetary tyribute to Sire for a 100th copy of the same songs?? They coould have done two tribute releases, each a mix of well know and half rarities. I don't want to have to but the mashed potatoes just to get at the gravy, or is is the other way around????

No disrespect intended, I just clamor for rarities because all the common stuff is, well, all too common.
[/quote]

Grunch - this set is not for you, or me, or many of the people on this board. It's for the casual new wave fan. This box is meant to be a label retropsective - a Sire's greatest NW hits. It's going to need to sell before they invest in a rarities type set that even fewer people will buy. If they can't sell the hits they'll never sell the rarities.

Believe me I understand the desire for the hard to find stuff. I'd prefer it too. I just don't think this collection is worth complaining about.

I'm sure they'll move a few units around Xmas time when it makes a few holiday best gift lists.
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:22 am

September 13 is the current release date (subject to change). Also a couple of Sugarcubes DVDs set for that day (one live, the other one most likely to be a video collection).
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:05 am

Updated title: [i]Just Say Sire: The Sire Records Story[/i]
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:11 am

Disc one also includes "Warm Leatherette," and disc two also includes "White Horse."
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:59 am

Street date is now 9/27.

The Sugarcubes DVDs I mentioned earlier have been bumped to January.
Surly
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations