Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Fiat Lux , all cross your fingers ( and some help)

Re: Fiat Lux , all cross your fingers ( and some help)

Postby darthsmaull » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:54 am

Just dropping in for my bi-monthly visit to the forum - seeing a thread like this was something I had all but given up hope of...!!

You can count me in to buy *whatever* can be put together officially as long as it is a good quality product - obviously the more comprehensive the better, but I'll take whatever is achievable.

In terms of a physical product I'd like to see some detailed informative liner notes (written by someone with an in-depth knowledge of the band) and period photos of the band and the releases at the time.

Great news all round - fingers crossed this is successful - and good luck to all involved trying to make this happen!!
darthsmaull
Running Up That Hill

Postby SPK1 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:12 am

This would be an amazing release & something I would buy.I'm a big fan of Fiat Lux & a 2 x CD Set would confirm what a great band they are.

Hired History plus all the extended versions would be my main wants.

Am I right in saying the 7" & 12" Versions of Secrets are the same?
SPK1
Running Up That Hill

Postby ed4ad » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:49 am

If this was "plegded", I surely would do it ....
ed4ad
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:36 am

Fiat lux on CD at last, I keep my fingers crossed!

I would have liked the following tracklisting...

DISC 1: The Hired History Mini album and only the 7" Singles
DISC 2: Only the 12" mixes and the Fac ut vivas / unreleased tracks

but whatever....it's all about time

regards
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:53 am

Good to know that this is once again stirring in the wind. For the time being, I will forego buying more FL vinyl I need for my own remaster program in the hopes that a pro solution will come though [and a much lower cost/investment of time]. How many times have I began sourcing all of the vinyl needed for remastering a boxed set of god [BSOG] at great cost, only to have official product appear when I am at or near the finish line after having spent $80-120 that would have been better spent elsewhere in retrospect? If we are empty handed still in a year's time, then it's back to the wave editor for me. As far as the licensing, UMG probably own the Polydor masters with Nelson himself holding the debut Cocteau single. I can't imagine him holding out for a licensing fee seeing as how Ian was his brother, and he'd probably be glad to see his larger legacy out there. The irony is, that a company like UMG can legally own masters but not be able to find them, due to the relentless years of consolidation in the industry having them schlep from one company to another. Whereas Bill probably knows exactly where the master to "Feels Like Winter Again" is.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby azjackson » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 am

I think the unreleased LP tracks (which would have formed the album had they released it) are from masters that Dave Crickmore of the band kept hold of, or at least had good quality copies of. I think he was keen to get a reissue, and any delay or block would have been Polydor. 'Fac Ut Vivas' was never the title of the album, but that was the name I put on the CD when I shared it, and it's kind of stuck. 'Get A Life' as in ' stop living in the past with all those lost 80s bands'. Which of course I could never do.

I will certainly buy whatever product comes out, but I would love to get hold of clean copies of the Janice Long tracks as the tape deck I had at the time was knackered and I have terribly mushy versions. All three tracks, as I recall, were great. David Crickmore had left by then so it was just Steve and Ian on tjose sessions, I think.
azjackson
Running Up That Hill

Postby thunderbird2 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:22 am

I did write to the company involved regarding both Fiat Lux and Secession as my hopes were raised that Blank and Jones has managed to locate some masters for their so 80's 10 . hopefully this a good sign that there is now some flexibility in the licencing

they thought it could be positive as well but lets see , either way its taking a long time
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations