Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

UNITS - Animals They Dream About (Unreleased 2nd album)

Re: UNITS - Animals They Dream About (Unreleased 2nd album)

Postby PassionOrPatterns » Wed May 04, 2016 10:11 am

By the way, the FUTURISMO, Inc. release of "Animals They Dream About" does include two of the tracks that we got on "New Way To Move", namely, "More Alike" and "Your Face". Wouldn't be able to tell you if these will be different recordings, different mixes or edits, or just a Rubellan remastering of the same.
PassionOrPatterns
Running Up That Hill

Postby schwenko » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:37 pm

This came in the mail recently.
Nice to see an acknowledgement of Scott Davies' involvement in getting this released (in the liner notes). :D
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:53 am

This was my second project for Futurismo, and I have to say they make such great efforts to provide a stunning package. It's been 10 years since my first professional remastering was released and it's still such a thrill to get the final product in my hands, probably more so now with the fact that it's across multiple formats.

I did just receive another of my projects in the mail, it was by a group calling themselves Silica Gel. They contacted me via my involvement with Futurismo. They released an album called Noisy Children Party back in 1993. It's very experimental electronic music utilizing sound samples and backbeats. They wanted to have me remaster it for the first ever vinyl release, and the final product is on colored vinyl in gatefold sleeve. A very beautiful package.

I am currently lined up to do at least two more projects with Futurismo. Though I cannot mention them at this time, I think there will definitely be some interest here.

Scott
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:02 am

Very good album, but rather annoying the live tracks are all included as track 10 (with the last track of the album). I do wish labels wouldn't do that.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations