Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Modern Romance "Adventures In Clubland" Expanded Edition CD

Re: Modern Romance "Adventures In Clubland" Expanded Edition

Postby Luke » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:37 am

omar wrote:I currently have the Wounded Bird version as well as the Japanese cd from the 90's.

Me too, but I found out that the Japanese version had a problem with track 2 (my favourite): the intro drum roll was chopped off. On the Wounded Bird version it's okay.
Luke
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:07 am

The problem with the Japanese disc was the index points as if I remember rightly they cut The Clubland Mix into 4 tracks and the one for Ay Ay Ay Ay Moosey put the start of the track during Salsa Rappsody.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby magnum » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:14 pm

This could have been better.....but nevemind......at least it has got the quite rare debut single and the follow up single "Tonight" on there - also wondered if "Tonight" on the 12" is the same as the 7" version????
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby BigManRestless » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:52 am

Got my copy through from Cherry Red on Tuesday and quibbles about the bonus tracks aside it's a very good CD. They justify the inclusion of Best Years Of Our Lives in the sleeve notes saying it fits in with the "party feel" of the album. Hmmm, not sure I go with that as the two early singles certainly don't fit the party feel, but at least they feature Geoffrey Deane! Some of the period magazine covers in the CD booklet also are from the Michael J Mullins era but these are minor quibbles.

If you haven't heard them (and I hadn't heard Modern Romance the single) the two early singles are quite different, the eponymous one sounds closer to Deane & Jaymes' previous band The Leyton Buzzards than the Latin-y sound of their hits. Tonight is sort of stiff white funk/synthpop vaguely reminiscent of early Spandau Ballet.

The whole CD sounds fine to my ears, I kind of hope Cherry Red will issue the follow up Trick Of The Light (even though it's dreadful, if I remember rightly Smash Hits gave it 0 out of 10) if only in the hope it'll scoop up the post-Adventures Geoffrey Deane tracks for the bonuses. Good sleeve notes and comments from Geoffrey Deane & David Jaymes in the booklet.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:19 pm

Just noticed that Moose On The Loose (Disco Mix) abruptly cuts off at the end. Is that really the way it's supposed to be or a remaster fuck up?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby PeterWolf122 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:28 am

very good album with favorite song
PeterWolf122
Running Up That Hill

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations