Site Announcements
Congratulations to
DJRetroactive

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Slow Children new album coming soon

Slow Children new album coming soon

Postby Rubellan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:48 pm

The wonderful Slow Children will release a brand new album soon, their first in over 30 years. I've had the privilege of hearing one track so far and it's very catchy. Details are here:

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/slowch ... nref=story
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: Slow Children new album coming soon

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:21 pm

This is good news! I thought I was one of the few burning a torch for Slow Children. While new music is of interest, so to are the first two albums. Any noise on re-issuing those or should I just go ahead and remaster from my vinyl? I have the US/UK debut and the US "Mad About Town." The only single I currently have for bonus track material is the "Vanessa Vacillating" US promo 12" with the extended remixes of that track and "Unplugging The Vacuum." I know I still need the "Staring At The Ceiling" UK 7" on Jet for the non-LP B-side. All of the other singles I see on Discogs seem to be Shear/Hague productions of LP tracks I am familiar with, but I have no idea as to whether the single material differs from the commensurate LP cuts. In that time period, it was not uncommon to have not just remixes but also different takes of single material. Any clues you might be able to pass on? In a perfect world, I would simply buy the complete discographies of every artist in my remastering sights but cash is finite.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:48 pm

I am so looking forward to this. I am also trying to get the first 2 albums reissued.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't think anyone has mentioned anything about this album since it's release. I flat out love it. I think if you are a fan of Slow Children, there's no reason why you wouldn't love this album too. It's somewhat New Wavey, a little country-ish but in a good way, and still as catchy and cool as their 1st 2 albums. It's not as dancey but this is 35 years later so I am not going to expect that from them. Anyways, give it a listen everyone. They are selling the cd-r at CDBaby.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:50 pm

1. I don't buy CDrs. They are randomly subject to rot, and in any event reflect lack of commitment.

2. We don't want new material from ancient bands. We want their initial music released.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:28 pm

I do not like buying cd-r's myself as their quality is inferior. Once in a blue moon I will buy it especially if it is for a band that I love. As a fan, I like to support the band any way I can. A band like Slow Children probably has a handful of fans left so they will go the cheaper route of cd-r's. It's not meant for everybody.

Many bands as well as their fans would love to see the original albums released but they can't do anything if their label does not allow it. If you figure out a way around this, please suggest it.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 am

As for the CD-R problem, Discmakers will provide 500 CDs in jewel cases, with full color inserts and disc printing for just under $750 door to door. If professional musicians can't muster the commitment for that standard, or at least crowdsource it, then they should abandon physical media and just go the Bandcamp route. The CD-R is not acceptable as a commercial product [though I will buy them to get material I can't get any other way].
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:59 am

Yeah $750 is not much at all. If the artist sells the cd at $10 each plus shipping, they would only need to sell 75 cd's to break even. In the 80s, 90s and even early 2000's this is a pretty easy task. Within the last 10 years, even that low of a number is hard to reach unless you are some band like Depeche Mode. This is why even bands like OMD do the bandcamp route. I am sure when it is the cd-r release, it's the 100 cd-r's for 200 route which I also do not like.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations