Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Naked Eyes "Everything And More"

Naked Eyes "Everything And More"

Postby skinnytie » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:53 am

This is another one of those discs I had no idea existed until I saw it at the record store by accident. It looks like it was put out by One Way Records in 2002, and is a collection of the b-sides, lost album tracks and 12" versions, some of which have not seen the light of day ever, let alone on CD. Also included are some tracks by Neon, the band that would spawn Naked Eyes, as well as Tears for Fears. Note well that the last four tracks used vinyl as the source for the CD, as detailed in the liner notes.
If this is old news to you, I apologize for the post. I was just very excited to get the 12" version of "Always Something There to Remind Me" on CD, and thought I would share this with you all in case you weren't aware of it. It looks like the disc is still available at the shops if you're interested.
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby bruiser » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:25 am

this is a great comp, and if you have this and the two naked eyes greatest collections you pretty much have all their stuff on cd save for a b-side and a dub or two.
i LOVE naked eyes. they were instrumental in me wanting to play keyboards, along with d
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby devildog » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:16 am

Grunch and I scooped that disc as soon as it came out! I think it is one of the last discs One Way ever released.
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:25 am

This disc pretty much completes everyone's Naked Eyes cd collection.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Alfredo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:41 am

Naked Eyes is one of my favorites together with the American band The Rescue.Listen to the EP "Messages" also produced by the fantastic Tony Mansfield and you will find out how beautiful they sound.For example, "Tell Me Now" will "lift you up" as any Nake
Alfredo
Running Up That Hill

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations