Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Endgames ‎"Building Beauty / Natural" on CD

Re: Endgames ‎"Building Beauty / Natural" on CD

Postby Sean » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Totally agree with Barmy and in the exact situation. Can't wait for my Endgames cd to arrive. Seems like an eternity.

I hope they do these 10:

Private Lives - Prejudice and Pride
Haircut 100 - Paint And Paint
Minor Detail - Minor Detail
SSQ - Playback
A Drop In The Gray - Certain Sculptures
Space Monkey - On The Beam
Fiat Lux - Collection
Secession - 12", b-sides, and dub mixes and include Noho
Slow Children - Selt Titled and Mad About Town
Peter Baumann - Strangers In The Night
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby fanwave » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:14 am

Sean wrote:Totally agree with Barmy and in the exact situation. Can't wait for my Endgames cd to arrive. Seems like an eternity.

I hope they do these 10:

Private Lives - Prejudice and Pride
Haircut 100 - Paint And Paint
Minor Detail - Minor Detail
SSQ - Playback
A Drop In The Gray - Certain Sculptures
Space Monkey - On The Beam
Fiat Lux - Collection
Secession - 12", b-sides, and dub mixes and include Noho
Slow Children - Selt Titled and Mad About Town
Peter Baumann - Strangers In The Night

Don't forget about:

Dekka Danse – Waltz In The Wilderness
CaVa CaVa – CaVa CaVa
Hambi & The Dance – Heartache
Sense – Hold On
fanwave
Take On Me

Postby rk2585 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:39 am

Someone really made some money off this CD:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENDGAMES-Buildi ... 1756122906

Also, someone posted the dynamic range for a vinyl rip:

Endgames - Building Beauty

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/108215
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby moni » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:57 pm

It would be rather amusing if Cherry Red or somebody like that ended up reissuing these two albums :lol: The person that paid that for a bootleg must be off their bloody rocker :shock:
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:15 pm

The bootleg is easily available elsewhere. If it is decent pressed CD it barely qualifies as a "bootleg", even if vinyl derived. Do Endgames masters exist? Anyway I have ordered mine and expect it in 2-6 months or whatever. I already have all their stuff on high quality bootlegs.

If someone had $200 to buy this than kudos to them. They obviously don't care about price points.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby rk2585 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Barmy wrote:The bootleg is easily available elsewhere. If it is decent pressed CD it barely qualifies as a "bootleg", even if vinyl derived. Do Endgames masters exist?

It probably does exist but it's most likely been "misplaced" (a typical corporate response). :D
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby fanwave » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:31 am

I don't understand weeping and wailing around this release. For over 10 years my friends and I wrote many letters to Cherry Red and Cherry Pop about this band. The answer was silence. It is clear that for the umpteenth time to reprint or Madonna or Haircut 100 enjoyable. Of course, in 30 years elders from Cherry red will release both albums on CD, hoping to live up to their release? Thank Lost Waves guys that they released these albums now.
Bootleg it or not- it is a legal issue. Maybe they bought the rights? As far as I know, up to 100 copies is possible not to issue legal permits?
fanwave
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 pm

I somewhat question the 100 "limit" as there have got to be more than 100 people who are interested in this band. But I don't really care. It incentivized me to buy it quick.

Cherry Red have seemingly abandoned new wave (beyond the obvious) or true obscurities. I honestly don't really care what they do anymore (Haircut 100--REALLY?), and am delighted when other labels unearth this great 80s stuff.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Newwavetannoy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:43 am

I received this CD today. Publishers tried. I think that it not the commercial project. It for those who appreciates NEW WAVE
Newwavetannoy
Running Up That Hill

Postby endgames1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Newwavetannoy wrote:I received this CD today. Publishers tried. I think that it not the commercial project. It for those who appreciates NEW WAVE

Pretty much this. I have been in contact with members of the band at various times over the last 10 years or so. They have all moved on and are not interested.

I had been trying to get them to approve the release of some demos and live tracks. Got nowhere. Got the impression they are not really interested.

Whilst this may only be 100cds, the quality is good and for fans of the band it is nice to have it. If the band had been interested in making money out of it they would have easily arranged it themselves.
endgames1
Running Up That Hill

Postby endgames1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 pm

rk2585 wrote:Someone really made some money off this CD:

Looking at the bidding history it looks like set up to me. I doubt any sale took place. Think it was an effort to push the price up or check the market.
endgames1
Running Up That Hill

Postby fanwave » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:59 pm

endgames1 wrote:
rk2585 wrote:Someone really made some money off this CD:

Looking at the bidding history it looks like set up to me. I doubt any sale took place. Think it was an effort to push the price up or check the market.

The buyer was from US, it's true.
fanwave
Take On Me

Postby Newwavetannoy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:10 pm

In this case I will tell so----that who bought CD made investment that in a year will look for with a torch for any money.
Newwavetannoy
Running Up That Hill

Postby Newwavetannoy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:20 pm

endgames1 wrote:
Newwavetannoy wrote:I received this CD today. Publishers tried. I think that it not the commercial project. It for those who appreciates NEW WAVE

Pretty much this. I have been in contact with members of the band at various times over the last 10 years or so. They have all moved on and are not interested.

I had been trying to get them to approve the release of some demos and live tracks. Got nowhere. Got the impression they are not really interested.

Whilst this may only be 100cds, the quality is good and for fans of the band it is nice to have it. If the band had been interested in making money out of it they would have easily arranged it themselves.

To me as to the person collecting a wave collection all the same for what money to buy. If it is necessary for me or it is pleasant. Why nobody pays attention what buying on Ebay, Amazon, Discogs is indignant nobody with the price designated by the seller????. If it is necessary for me I will buy. And when I will consider it necessary to sell the collection or a separate copy this my business for how many I will sell it. Assignments from it will be received by only a trade platform and bank)))))))))))) 0
Newwavetannoy
Running Up That Hill

Postby Newwavetannoy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:40 pm

It is interesting to me, and that you tell if see on sale
ACADEMY - CD (SINGL COLLECTION) - (cd of this synth-pop band https://www.discogs.com/artist/110699-Academy)
BONE SYMPHONY - CD Bone Symphony </artist/429942-Bone-Symphony> ‎ – Bone Symphony
HELDEN LP 1985 - (participants of HANS ZIMMER, Warren Cann) (on this point I will tell, what even with Discogs removed, being afraid of a penalty of copyright)

I will add from myself - me all the same!!!! I have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am proud of It
Newwavetannoy
Running Up That Hill

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations