Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Endgames ‎"Building Beauty / Natural" on CD

Endgames ‎"Building Beauty / Natural" on CD

Postby fanwave » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:32 am

I heard a great news that at the end of March Lost Wave Records will be released Endgames "Building Beauty" 1983 and "Natural" 1985 + not album bonus track. All albums are released as 2 LP on 1 CD. Both LP's remastered and sound is perfect! Limited Edition Serie (factory silver pressed) - only 100 copies printed. CD in standart jewel case with booklet and foto from both albums. Endgames never issued on CD before and it is a perfect gift for all music fans. All cross your fingers.
fanwave
Take On Me

Re: Endgames ‎"Building Beauty / Natural" on CD

Postby rewind » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:14 am

Great news but weird how they're only factory pressing 100 copies. Most duplication facilities have minimum runs much higher than that. Unless the price will be outrageous.

EDIT: well, quick bit of research shows Lost Wave Records is a bootleg company out of Eastern Europe that typically does 100-run CD's. The only bonus on this disc is "First Last For Everything (Club Mix)," which ironically, is one of the only Endgames track that has previously shown up on many legit compilations. (Another I can think of is "Waiting For Another Chance (Extended Version)" which is on So80's 2, but not here.)
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:39 pm

I have contacts with this label and can confirm that the guys are real devotees of the 80s and do a great job soundwise. They always use mint vinyl copies for their transfers and don't so much remaster (=brickwall) the sound as digitise records and make them sound as clean and authentiс as possible (incl. manually removing all the vinyl artefacts). So far they did two releases - by the underrated band De Film from Denmark and equally obscure Norwegian guy Beranek. Both releases are highly recommended for all looking for quality-sounding synth/new wave and this third CD will sound no less impressive. When it will appear I urge everyone interested to support the label so they can continue - there are quite a few "never on CD before" releases in the pipeline but their progress depends on sales...

And yes, it is a genuine factory-pressed CD - I can upload pics to prove it if anyone's interested.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby rewind » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Passing_Stranger wrote:When it will appear I urge everyone interested to support the label so they can continue -

Do they pay royalties to the artists/writers/rights owners?
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:35 am

Passing_Stranger wrote:I have contacts with this label and can confirm that the guys are real devotees of the 80s and do a great job soundwise. They always use mint vinyl copies for their transfers and don't so much remaster (=brickwall) the sound as digitise records and make them sound as clean and authentiс as possible (incl. manually removing all the vinyl artefacts). So far they did two releases - by the underrated band De Film from Denmark and equally obscure Norwegian guy Beranek. Both releases are highly recommended for all looking for quality-sounding synth/new wave and this third CD will sound no less impressive. When it will appear I urge everyone interested to support the label so they can continue - there are quite a few "never on CD before" releases in the pipeline but their progress depends on sales...

And yes, it is a genuine factory-pressed CD - I can upload pics to prove it if anyone's interested.

How about a web site?
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:32 pm

rewind wrote:
Passing_Stranger wrote:When it will appear I urge everyone interested to support the label so they can continue -

Yes, of course. No doubt about it, it's the first thing on their minds.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:33 pm

schwenko wrote:
Passing_Stranger wrote:I have contacts with this label and can confirm that the guys are real devotees of the 80s and do a great job soundwise. They always use mint vinyl copies for their transfers and don't so much remaster (=brickwall) the sound as digitise records and make them sound as clean and authentiс as possible (incl. manually removing all the vinyl artefacts). So far they did two releases - by the underrated band De Film from Denmark and equally obscure Norwegian guy Beranek. Both releases are highly recommended for all looking for quality-sounding synth/new wave and this third CD will sound no less impressive. When it will appear I urge everyone interested to support the label so they can continue - there are quite a few "never on CD before" releases in the pipeline but their progress depends on sales...

How about a web site?

I imagine with only a couple releases it's a bit premature, but interesting idea. Maybe they'll consider it.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby ed4ad » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:43 am

Where/How can we buy this cd?
ed4ad
Take On Me

Postby rk2585 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:53 am

Lost Wave Records is a bootleg label. Here's the link:

https://www.discogs.com/label/925383-Lost-Wave-Records

If anyone does buy the CD, post the dynamic range results here:

http://dr.loudness-war.info/
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby ed4ad » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:06 am

With this link you can not buy the cd, or can you ?
ed4ad
Take On Me

Postby rk2585 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:30 pm

If your asking about the Discogs.com link, then yes if someone ever put's it up for sale.
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby Danielwaver » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:08 pm

rewind wrote:

Oh boy, you care too much about fat CEOs of the recording companies. They'll get their big paycheck, so don't you worry a bit.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby rewind » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:25 am

Danielwaver wrote:
rewind wrote:

Oh boy, you care too much about fat CEOs of the recording companies. They'll get their big paycheck, so don't you worry a bit.

I care about artists, writers and rights owners. You know, the people who deserved to be paid for their work (or waive their right, if they so desire). I'm just curious if THEY will get their big paycheck. Or any paycheck.

(Also, I'm not aware of any fat CEO's involved here, who despite being fat, may have legal rights to collect on these works. And, no, I'm not really worried about them. I am worried, however, when somebody takes it upon himself to rip some vinyl, press some "official"-looking CD's and peddle them for $30-$40 that he alone keeps, while David Rudden is sitting around trying to make a few bucks for his work. If I'm wrong, and some royalties or other compensation is being paid, then I happily support this project.)
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:07 pm

Endgames joins Fiat Lux as one of the most ridiculously un-re-released bands.

I frankly don't care if the members of Endgames don't get any money out of this. Their fault for not controlling their music.

Glad to see this bootleg if it happens, but their music is readily available elsewhere.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby rewind » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:10 am

Barmy wrote:
Their fault for not controlling their music.

Seriously? Even the Beatles don't control their music (see Jackson, Michael, at least until last week).

As a supporter and fan of this music -- or any music -- don't you think it's fair that the creators and providers of that music are paid for their work?
rewind
Room at the Top

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations