Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Grace Jones - Warm Leatherette

Re: Grace Jones - Warm Leatherette

Postby Barmy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Fine, but besides hearing about 3 second "issues", what is your overall opinion of the sound. You don't address that.

I have a "flexible" ear. To me this remaster is excellent. If you think otherwise, that is fine. But instead you have focussed on issues that it is hard to care about. I never listen to music on headphones so minor flaws are irrelevant to me.

Regards.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:11 pm

The Warm Leatherette reissue is excellent in terms of sound quality. All of Grace Jones' reissues are. They're not brick walled. The whole job is well executed. To point out a slight flaw or discrepancy is not to degrade it or discourage others. It's just an opinion.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:34 pm

I like knowing of glitches, especially if they were not on the originals. It helps to gauge the effort put into them.

Lots of things are irrelevant to others, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be pointed out.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:58 am

obs wrote:I like knowing of glitches, especially if they were not on the originals. It helps to gauge the effort put into them.

Lots of things are irrelevant to others, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be pointed out.

Thank You.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:21 pm

Yes roughly 7 seconds of glitches in a 2+ hour release deserve attention.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations