Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Reissue wish list for 2016

Reissue wish list for 2016

Postby gorjanovic » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:55 am

so, in case someone with influence reads this here is what I consider to be absolutely essential reissue or remaster necessity.

Human League Hysteria. Dare has been reissued with and without additional and era related material several times in the last several years, but since the first remaster of Hysteria nothing happened with this brilliant follow up to Dare. Also, unlike dare, it is virtually impossible to get this copy of Hysteria (or at least not for a resonable price) - you can only get the first CD issue of it. So what is up with that people????

first 3 China Crisis albums with all the singles and b sides and 12" versions. All those who love CC are aware that this band's b sides are as good as the a sides (especially Flaunt the imperfection era ones)

Depeche Mode - a box set with all the singles/maxi singles (a remastered and less expensive version of the singles box sets - like less expensive 3CD box sets of Duran Duran, the Stranglers, Marillion etc that EMI released in the last few years)

The same for Killing Joke. They have released a super expensive box with individual singles, and double and tripple version of it but without all the B sides.

the same for Simple Minds - at least a budget (jewel case instead of the beautiful but quite expensive and now out of print) reissue ot Themes.

Sisters of Mercy - either a box set with singles/maxi singles in individual sleeves (I loved the artwork) or at least a remastered version of Some girls Wander...

Alphaville - Forever young w b sides and remixes

Real Life - Heartland

OMD - Crush, Pacific age and Sugar tax (all with bonus material of course)

Visage - Visage with bonus tracks and possibly Beat boy that I did not like as much as the first two albums, but it is still good enough.

Icehouse - a box set of albums with b-sides

Mick Karn Titles and Dreams of reason

Spandau Ballet - nohing since deluxe edition of Parade. Although the remaining two albums might not be as good as the first four, there are still people that would love to have them with bonus material.

so if anyone knows anyone that might have a say in what gets remastered/released/rereleased etc. please please please...(let us get what we want)
gorjanovic
Switchin' to Glide

Re: Reissue wish list for 2016

Postby thunderbird2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:23 am

Totally agree on the China Crisis CD's , especially want the track never too late from the ltd 12" of Black Man Ray

I am also waiting on news for the following from a certain record company

Fiat Lux compilation

Secession A dark enchantment expanded

Visage Remixes / 12"s / Rare Tracks
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby Luke » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:37 am

I like to finally have a CD version of Blanket of Secrecy's one-and-only album from 1982: Ears Have Walls (Walls Have Ears*).
* era dependent

From their Facebook page it looked like that would have happened last year, but no news so far (since early May).

:(
Luke
Personal Jesus

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:40 am

Another I would love to see is WIN Uh tears baby released again . I really cant understand ( unless there were licensing issues) why Cherry red released Freaky Trigger instead of the first album which had all the near hits on . As Freaky trigger did not sell that well they are reluctant to try and release the first one

Also whilst I applaud them in releasing Diary of a hollow horse , it is a strange choice over the first 3 China Crisis albums which everyone wants . Once again I hear sales were not as expected so this would impact them pursuing the first 3

I am also at a loss on why Virgin or whoever took them over don't release them
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby rewind » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:38 am

Luke wrote:I like to finally have a CD version of Blanket of Secrecy's one-and-only album from 1982: Ears Have Walls (Walls Have Ears*).
* era dependent

From their Facebook page it looked like that would have happened last year, but no news so far (since early May).

It was released in 2013 digitally with fairly decent remastering.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:12 am

thunderbird2 wrote:Another I would love to see is WIN Uh tears baby released again . I really cant understand ( unless there were licensing issues) why Cherry red released Freaky Trigger instead of the first album which had all the near hits on . As Freaky trigger did not sell that well they are reluctant to try and release the first one

Also whilst I applaud them in releasing Diary of a hollow horse , it is a strange choice over the first 3 China Crisis albums which everyone wants . Once again I hear sales were not as expected so this would impact them pursuing the first 3

I am also at a loss on why Virgin or whoever took them over don't release them

Regarding Uh tears baby it must be something to do with the record label as that was released on London Records as for China Crisis i emailed Cherry Red about them reissuing the rest of their albums but they never replied. It pisses me off when they reissue crap like Nick Kamen and Betty Boo when there is so much decent stuff that they keep ignoring.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Luke » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:44 am

error
Last edited by Luke on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Personal Jesus

Postby Luke » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:55 am

Luke wrote:
rewind wrote:
Luke wrote:I like to finally have a CD version of Blanket of Secrecy's one-and-only album from 1982: Ears Have Walls (Walls Have Ears*).
* era dependent

It was released in 2013 digitally with fairly decent remastering.

I thought I was talking about/referring to a CD release of the album. :wink:
Luke
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations