Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Order "Singles" Revised And Updated.

Re: New Order "Singles" Revised And Updated.

Postby hypnohighball » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:33 pm

negative1 wrote:
WLR wrote:
moni wrote:It's a bit of a cheek asking people to fork out £13.99 for this when they bought the f*cked up one originally. They should be selling this for at the most £5.99.

Agree with you on that, they could have released it as Mid price, say £7.99, no more.

doesn't anybody ever wait for things to be used, or discounted?

who cares what the release price is, and getting it on day one for old material.

i always wait a long time, unless its a limited release (and even then), for the price to come down to a reasonable level.

anybody that pays full price, has too much money, and doesn't care about the cost to buy it anyways.

later

I'm man enough to say "guilty as charged"! It's only hard to wait for us obsessive collectors with OCD and other rare disorders, I'm afraid. But you are correct - waiting almost always is the best way to go to get a good deal.
hypnohighball
Take On Me

Postby Fred Taghon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:59 pm

I have always been under the impression "Blue Monday" (the original 1983 version) was never released in the 7" format - or in any edited form. But I just ran across this on YouTube. It's a video of what looks like a legitimate 7" Promotional single and the audio is definitely from a vinyl source but it's an edit that I have never heard. Is this real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzlwF4gpDtM
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:01 pm

I think that New Order's label is convinced that fans will buy it regardless of price. Therefore charging people more than the product is worth is a no brainer.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:36 am

Fred Taghon wrote:I have always been under the impression "Blue Monday" (the original 1983 version) was never released in the 7" format - or in any edited form. But I just ran across this on YouTube. It's a video of what looks like a legitimate 7" Promotional single and the audio is definitely from a vinyl source but it's an edit that I have never heard. Is this real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzlwF4gpDtM

there's a short official video edit.

but yeah, of course there was a japanese 7 inch promo:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JP

( Factory/Nippon Columbia TD-1098 ) [promo]
4 : 09 Blue Monday
4 : 09 Confusion

Withdrawn promo-only issue with unique Factory sleeve logo cover w/ notation "from 30cm 45rpm single Blue Monday". Ltd ed. 25 copies.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:16 pm

So is there any real reason to get this besides it possibly being better audio quality than the originally release?
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:46 pm

If you're particular about the correct versions, then definitely worth it.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:21 pm

Sean wrote:So is there any real reason to get this besides it possibly being better audio quality than the originally release?

improved, better quality audio, and having the proper tracks is always a reason to get a better release.

sell your old one, and get this instead. (unless you are a collector)

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby hypnohighball » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Sean wrote:So is there any real reason to get this besides it possibly being better audio quality than the originally release?

Isn't it mainly all the 7" single edits in one place?
hypnohighball
Take On Me

Postby Sean » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:41 pm

But if you already bought the original "Singles" release a few years ago, is there any real reason to get this?
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Buy it all again to pay for their lawyer fees with each other (Hooky vs The Other Three).
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:27 am

Lol
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby hypnohighball » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:06 am

Sean wrote:But if you already bought the original "Singles" release a few years ago, is there any real reason to get this?

The mastering on that release was very loud and brickwalled. I haven't heard the new one yet but it's supposed to be mastered better.

I just checked the DR Database and somebody has already entered the 2016 version. Looks like an overall DR8 compared to the old one at DR5/6. So, a little better, but no audiophile's dream, that's for sure.

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/ ... =new+order

It's funny, if you arrange the albums by year on that DR list, you can see all green until around 1993 or so and then it's all red. :cry:
hypnohighball
Take On Me

Postby ZippY » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:34 am

Sean wrote:But if you already bought the original "Singles" release a few years ago, is there any real reason to get this?

Because it's New Order for God's sake :D
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations