Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Dusty Springfield "Reputation" 2CD/DVD Reissue

Dusty Springfield "Reputation" 2CD/DVD Reissue

Postby omar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:11 am

Although hardly "new wave" Dusty's collaboration with the Pet Shop Boys was definitely a highlight of her career. Released in late August this 2cd/dvd remastered set is finally available.

DISC ONE: ORIGINAL ALBUM & 12” VERSIONS
1. REPUTATION
2. SEND IT TO ME
3. ARRESTED BY YOU
4. TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE
5. BORN THIS WAY
6. IN PRIVATE
7. DAYDREAMING
8. NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVED
9. I WANT TO STAY HERE
10. OCCUPY YOUR MIND
11. WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS? (DISCO MIX)

Pet Shop Boys with Dusty Springfield
12. NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVED (DANCE MIX)
13. IN PRIVATE (12” VERSION)
14. REPUTATION (LOTS OF FUN 12” MIX)
15. ARRESTED BY YOU (EXTENDED VERSION)

DISC TWO: REMIXES AND B-SIDES
1. NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVED (ORIGINAL MIX)
2. IN PRIVATE (REMIX)
3. IN PRIVATE (BONUS BEATS)
4. IN PRIVATE (DUB)
5. REPUTATION (LOTS OF FUN SINGLE MIX)
6. REPUTATION (ALTERNATIVE MIX)
7. REPUTATION (REP U DUB 1)
8. REPUTATION (REP U DUB 2)
9. BORN THIS WAY (12” MIX)
10. ANY OTHER FOOL
11. WHEN LOVE TURNS TO BLUE
12. GETTING IT RIGHT
13. NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVED (INSTRUMENTAL)
14. DAYDREAMING (12” MASTER EDIT)

DISC THREE: PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS DVD (PAL Region 0)
1. NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVED
2. IN PRIVATE
3. REPUTATION
4. ARRESTED BY YOU
5. I WANT TO STAY HERE
omar
Room at the Top

Re: Dusty Springfield "Reputation" 2CD/DVD Reissue

Postby Luke » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:28 am

The instrumental version of "Reputation" and the instrumental version of ballad “Arrested By You” is not on the 2CD’s. This is bad news. Second re-release & again not complete. I cannot understand that the artists/publishers/cherry records ever forget the real rarities. Most of the 12” remixes were released many times on CD/compilations and CD singles.

For example, if they would have removed the Disco Mix of PSB's What Have I Done To Deserve This for the Born This Way (12" Mix) on disc 1, there is room enough to include them at the end of disc 2. That PSB track is not even from Dusty's Reputation era.
Luke
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:57 pm

I think What Have I Done..(Disco Mix) has only been available once or twice. On the cd single from 1987 as well as on the 3cd version of Popart. Maybe they felt that they could include it once more in remastered form. True it doesn't belong on the Reputation era. If recall clearly there was an orchestral inst. version of Nothing Has Been Proved that is missing too.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby danadotcom » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:54 am

I absolutely think "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" belongs on this reissue; it's the beginning of this phase of her career. It would be strange without its inclusion. Without that pairing the entire B-Side, and perhaps the entire A-Side, as well, may not exist. Granted it's not the best work Springfield could have turned out, nor the best work PSB could have provided for her, but Reputation does have some gems and was successful in bringing an artist who was not yet past her prime back to hit record territory. Overall, I think this a pretty solid & well-considered collection.
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations