Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD


Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby mastersep » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:09 am

Great news for all music fans and collectors, Private Lives ‎"Prejudice And Pride" 1984 now it is released on CD at Lost 80's Record with 6 bonus tracks,
including two tracks from their early 7" single "Where Do I Go" released in 1980. I corrected at Discogs date released. On my own
copy date is 2016 not 2012. Also I have placed a quality scans.
https://www.discogs.com/Private-Lives-P ... se/8225600
mastersep
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 11:09 am
Location: Germany

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby crichert » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:12 am

Cool, but how does one go about purchasing CDs from the Lost 80's Record Company?
crichert
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:11 am
Location: Canada

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby omar » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:37 am

mastersep wrote:Great news for all music fans and collectors, Private Lives ‎"Prejudice And Pride" 1984 now it is released on CD at Lost 80's Record with 6 bonus tracks,
including two tracks from their early 7" single "Where Do I Go" released in 1980. I corrected at Discogs date released. On my own
copy date is 2016 not 2012. Also I have placed a quality scans.
https://www.discogs.com/Private-Lives-P ... se/8225600




How is the sound?
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby mastersep » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:09 am

Sound is fantastic! Respect for guy who did it by the way.
You can buy CD on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Private-Lives ... SwV0RXs-w4
mastersep
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 11:09 am
Location: Germany

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby omar » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:04 pm

I can't believe that after years of begging Cherry Red for an official release it comes out in obscurity and is hard to obtain. I'm not bidding on eBay (bad experience). Saw it yesterday on Discogs.com for $35 (it's not there anymore).
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby thunderbird2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:43 am

omar wrote:I can't believe that after years of begging Cherry Red for an official release it comes out in obscurity and is hard to obtain. I'm not bidding on eBay (bad experience). Saw it yesterday on Discogs.com for $35 (it's not there anymore).


my thoughts exactly Omar , would really like the Trevor Herion one and would also be tempted with the Cva Cva one as well

I had suggested the trevor herion to cherry red as well

even better a retrospective with the two fallout club tracks wonderlust and dream soldiers
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:22 pm
Location:

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby Barmy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:58 pm

It will probably show up on discogs again. And although I dislike eBay you might want to try there as well.

And ditto on the Trevor Herion. Cherry Red seems to have abandoned any attempt to unearth classic NW albums.
Barmy
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:24 am
Location:

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby xymox970 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:17 am

There is a very special (sounds like a dub) version of "Because You`re Young" that is over 6 minutes long and this version can only be found on the second 12" of Living In A World Turned Upside Down https://www.discogs.com/Private-Lives-L ... se/1975510

However, this is not indicated anywhere on the record itself....
xymox970
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 am
Location: Croatia

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby Forest-Fc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:55 am

I just got the Lost 80s CD today from an eBay Seller.

Listening to it right now and i'm noticing many differences to the version of the album i've heard on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh2FaRSW4Ig

For example, No Chance You'll Pay fades out during the sung chorus on the CD (which is a shame as i really like the last part of that song)
Living In A World (Turned Upside Down) is the USA version (i.e. from the Black Sleeve single and Not the group sleeve) which i prefer the other version.
Break The Chains is the single version from 1983 and not the version from the album.

The sound of the whole album is less echoey as the drums just sound like they just stop, no echo.

The bonus tracks are very mixed meaning not everything is available which should've been on there (i.e. the other singles).

I've made my own version of the album with the other tracks and i'm tempted to try and share it on Dropbox for you guys to check out.

The version i made was from using the YouTube video above and i've included all Private Lives singles on there.
Forest-Fc
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:45 am

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby omar » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Please share it. I'd love to hear it.
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby magnum » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:46 am

that album with a few bonus tracks can be found here[think each track has be DL individually].........dunno what the quality is like.

https://mp3red.me/album/2391283/prejudi ... pride.html

Also would love to hear the mixes from the 2nd 12" of Living in a world.......... - https://www.discogs.com/Private-Lives-L ... se/1975510
http://magnum1971mixes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://soundcloud.com/magnum71

http://soundcloud.com/magnum1971

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFvYES ... -11cemOpYA

Spin A 12 INCH aka Magnum-Truth..the internet stalker...a neurotic obsessive person who needs to get a life
magnum
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:30 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby Forest-Fc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:41 pm

omar wrote:Please share it. I'd love to hear it.


I'd be happy to send you a zip file with what i have compiled.
The album has 26 tracks (all ripped from YouTube & also from Blogspot: Mine For Life)

1 - From A River To A Sea
2 - No Chance You'll Pay
3 - Living In A World Turned Upside Down (Substituted the original version for the superior second version. Have put original version as bonus track)
4 - Stop
5 - God Only Knows
6 - Break The Chains
7 - Don't Wanna Cry Anymore
8 - Win (You've Got To)
9 - Break The Whole Thing Down
10 - Prejudice & Pride

Bonus Tracks

11 - Rent Boys - Kick Down The Door [1980 Single featuring John Adams]
12 - Rent Boys - Feeling Ice [B-Side of Kick Down The Door]
13 - Where Do I Go [1980 Single - First single by Private Lives]
14 - Because You're Young [1982 Single]
15 - Because You're Young [Instrumental][B-Side of Because You're Young]
16 - Memory Of Your Name [1982 Single]
17 - Memory Of Your Name [Extended Version]
18 - Memory Of Your Name [Hot Tracks Version]
19 - Swim Away [B-Side of Memory Of Your Name]
20 - Break The Chains [1983 Single]
21 - Break The Chains [Break Out Mix]
22 - Win [You've Got To][B-Side of Break The Chains]
23 - Living In A World Turned Upside Down [Re-Released Version - PRV4](Slightly different version of the superior version ripped from the video on YouTube)
24 - Living In A World Turned Upside Down [Extended Version]
25 - Living In A World Turned Upside Down [Original Version - PRV2](this is the well known version and is the version which appears on the album however i think the other version is much better)
26 - From A River To A Sea [Extended Version] (had to make a slight change to the beginning of the track as the YouTube video had a jump so i used part of the album version to make it continuous without hopefully it being too noticeable)

Well, that's what i have.

If anyone else can share some of the versions of tracks not listed here, this would be greatly appreciated.

I also made a version of the album with a slight pitch and tempo adjustment which i actually think sounds even better than the original version.
This version is the one i now listen to.

Omar, PM me and i'll see what i can do

P.S. Has anyone bought the MP3 version of the album on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Prejudice-Pride- ... +prejudice

If so, could you share this with me so i can compare the versions to what i have already?
Thanks
Forest-Fc
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:45 am

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby omar » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 pm

The MP3 version on Amazon and iTunes is vinyl sourced.
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: Private Lives "Prejudice And Pride" on CD

Postby maccafan076 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Forest-Fc wrote:
omar wrote:Please share it. I'd love to hear it.


I'd be happy to send you a zip file with what i have compiled.
The album has 26 tracks (all ripped from YouTube & also from Blogspot: Mine For Life)

1 - From A River To A Sea
2 - No Chance You'll Pay
3 - Living In A World Turned Upside Down (Substituted the original version for the superior second version. Have put original version as bonus track)
4 - Stop
5 - God Only Knows
6 - Break The Chains
7 - Don't Wanna Cry Anymore
8 - Win (You've Got To)
9 - Break The Whole Thing Down
10 - Prejudice & Pride

Bonus Tracks

11 - Rent Boys - Kick Down The Door [1980 Single featuring John Adams]
12 - Rent Boys - Feeling Ice [B-Side of Kick Down The Door]
13 - Where Do I Go [1980 Single - First single by Private Lives]
14 - Because You're Young [1982 Single]
15 - Because You're Young [Instrumental][B-Side of Because You're Young]
16 - Memory Of Your Name [1982 Single]
17 - Memory Of Your Name [Extended Version]
18 - Memory Of Your Name [Hot Tracks Version]
19 - Swim Away [B-Side of Memory Of Your Name]
20 - Break The Chains [1983 Single]
21 - Break The Chains [Break Out Mix]
22 - Win [You've Got To][B-Side of Break The Chains]
23 - Living In A World Turned Upside Down [Re-Released Version - PRV4](Slightly different version of the superior version ripped from the video on YouTube)
24 - Living In A World Turned Upside Down [Extended Version]
25 - Living In A World Turned Upside Down [Original Version - PRV2](this is the well known version and is the version which appears on the album however i think the other version is much better)
26 - From A River To A Sea [Extended Version] (had to make a slight change to the beginning of the track as the YouTube video had a jump so i used part of the album version to make it continuous without hopefully it being too noticeable)

Well, that's what i have.

If anyone else can share some of the versions of tracks not listed here, this would be greatly appreciated.

I also made a version of the album with a slight pitch and tempo adjustment which i actually think sounds even better than the original version.
This version is the one i now listen to.

Omar, PM me and i'll see what i can do

P.S. Has anyone bought the MP3 version of the album on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Prejudice-Pride- ... +prejudice

If so, could you share this with me so i can compare the versions to what i have already?
Thanks


Does anyone have this one? Looks like it has everything from them.
maccafan076
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: USA


Return to News, Reissues & Compilations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests