Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Quick

The Quick

Postby fiftypercent » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:43 am

Here's something I was wondering about today. The Quick (Campsie and McFarlane) were highly rated producers in the 80's and had a good deal of visibility. Yet none of their own albums (One Light In A Blackout, International Thing, Wah Wah) have ever been re-released in any form. No compilations. No sign of their brief foray as Giant Steps. Even the artists they produced for are hardly mentioned any more. Isn't this a bit strange? Anyone got any ideas?
Life should never feel small
fiftypercent
Personal Jesus

Re: The Quick

Postby Passing_Stranger » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:29 am

Seems to be purely the result of their commercial success - or, mostly, lack of it. So they're deemed not profitable enough to bother with costly remasters. It's sad, of course, but that has to be the main reason. Along with their own lack of interest, it seems.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Re: The Quick

Postby Luke » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:41 am

In my country, the album One Light In A Blackout was released under a different name: Fascinating Rhythm. I've always wondered which was first, because One Light In A Blackout is an album track from Fascinating Rhythm. Great album! However, I do not know what happened too...
Luke
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations