Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Our Daughter's Wedding coming to CD and LP from master tapes

Re: Our Daughter's Wedding coming to CD and LP from master t

Postby Rubellan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:12 am

It's not about room, it's about licensing. Someone once posted how certain labels view anything that deviates from a straight reissue as a "compilation", and thus it changes the cost. For example, that old Kissing the Pink reissue on Wounded Bird had repeated tracks from an included EP because it was cheaper to have the EP represented in full than it would have been to exclude the repeated tracks. However, Sony allows you to do whatever you want without it really affecting the licensing fee.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Frank_Chickens » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Rubellan wrote:It's not about room, it's about licensing. Someone once posted how certain labels view anything that deviates from a straight reissue as a "compilation", and thus it changes the cost. For example, that old Kissing the Pink reissue on Wounded Bird had repeated tracks from an included EP because it was cheaper to have the EP represented in full than it would have been to exclude the repeated tracks. However, Sony allows you to do whatever you want without it really affecting the licensing fee.

^ This.

It explains why there are a lot of 'two albums on one CD' around as it's simply too expensive to do otherwise. Plus on some of these deals the labels doing the licensing will have to sell a certain amount in a certain time period or incur fines. The world of licensing is not pretty.
--

"A cynic is what a optimist calls a realist"
Frank_Chickens
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:14 am

Stock has now arrived for this. Check out the website to see the excellent vinyl colors and a glimpse of the elaborate layouts of the LP and CD version. I've never seen any label put more effort into presenting a single LP with more flare as Futurismo does with their releases. Just click on each version to see the details: http://store.futurismoinc.com/
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby anfunny2003 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:25 am

Futurismo release such beautifully designed products, they really are quite stunning. Faithful to the original, but with a fresh twist too. Very fond of their work. My copy of this (on CD) was dispatched today, so I look forward to giving it a spin.
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:05 am

Got my copy at the weekend and it sounds amazing. Another great job Scott!
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:25 am

You got yours before I got mine. Hopefully I will see the finished product in the next couple of days. Glad to hear you enjoy it!

Scott
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:58 am

I still haven't received my copies yet, but someone just told me my name is misspelled in the packaging. Is this correct? If so, I'm fucking sick about it. And now I'm going to proof my credit on any project I work on for any label, for accuracy.

Scott Davies
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby tee » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:04 am

Just checked the CD, and yeah, it's "Remastered in 2016 by Scott Davis...".
tee
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:13 am

tee wrote:Just checked the CD, and yeah, it's "Remastered in 2016 by Scott Davis...".

AARRGGHH!! That's it! No more blindly trusting anyone. I am going to proof my credit on the artwork for EVERYTHING my name is attached to. And if it's not an option, I will not be involved in the project. Cherry Red always offered me the option to proof artwork before it was finalized. I just emailed Vinyl 180 to ask to proof the credits on the 5 Altered Images vinyl reissue packages I've worked on. I cannot tell you how much this irritates me.

Scott DaviEs
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby anfunny2003 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:01 am

Rubellan wrote:I still haven't received my copies yet, but someone just told me my name is misspelled in the packaging. Is this correct? If so, I'm fucking sick about it. And now I'm going to proof my credit on any project I work on for any label, for accuracy.

Scott Davies

Yeah, sorry... that was me. :roll:
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:10 am

anfunny2003 wrote:
Rubellan wrote:I still haven't received my copies yet, but someone just told me my name is misspelled in the packaging. Is this correct? If so, I'm fucking sick about it. And now I'm going to proof my credit on any project I work on for any label, for accuracy.

Scott Davies

Yeah, sorry... that was me. :roll:

I appreciate it. Imagine how deflating it would have been if I received my package with copies of everything and THEN saw the error. I probably would have smashed it to bits. As it stands, I am livid about this and the label are aware. I will say this completely destroys the enthusiasm I had about this project and I've been gritting my teeth all morning.

Scott DaviEs
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby elviscaprice » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Hey, don't fret it Scott. Anyone in the know, knows who it is. Otherwise in the big picture will it matter? Great work by the way, can't wait to hear it.
8) Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:00 pm

I appreciate the support but it is extremely important to me, and probably one of the worst things that could happen with the project. I put so much attention and focus on these projects, unlike Edsel records, so having my name accurately represented on the packaging is crucial. I did just receive the package today. What was supposed to be a moment of pride and joy is a total disappointment. As my partner observed, I'm just heartbroken about it, so it's lost any importance. But to add insult to injury, the shipping address on the package also had my name misspelled, which is bewildering because I've received at least six or seven packages from them before with my name proper. But it's been discussed in detail with the label today and i don't expect this to happen again. It's just unfortunate that this project is now essentially dead to me, but i am happy people are enjoying it.

Scott Davies
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:14 am

I ordered this ages ago and where is it. This label sucks.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby swerve » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:10 am

I would have felt the same way Scott had my name been misspelt on the liner notes for Hardest Hits Volume 4. I was given little to no time by the record company to come up with something to write so it was pretty basic. My last name with it being Norwegian and not all that common in North America has been misspelled and mispronounced many different ways and times over the years.
Last edited by swerve on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swerve
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations