Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Erasure - from moscow to mars Boxset

Erasure - from moscow to mars Boxset

Postby negative1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:02 pm

pretty massive listing:

“Erasure are delighted to announce the launch of their long-awaited anthology From Moscow To Mars at 6pm UK time tomorrow [i.e. Friday 2nd September].
The 13 disc box set includes 50 singles on 3CDs, 2CDs of b-sides, 2CDs of remixes, 2CDs of Vince and Andy’s favourite Erasure songs, a CD of rarities, a CD of live tracks, an audio documentary and a DVD featuring the Wild! show from 1989.
The box set will be released at the end of October and includes a 48 page book containing unseen photos, two 12″ art cards, six postcards, a book of space stamps and a space passport.
To go with the box there’s a limited number of autographed screen prints and a limited number of tickets to an exclusive From Moscow To Mars party.
There are also t-shirts and tote bags available to go with your lovely new box set.
Pre-order from tomorrow to receive an exclusive bonus six track DIGITAL EP.”

‘FROM MOSCOW TO MARS’ – TRACKLISTING [source: erasureinfo.com]

DISC ONE
CD – SINGLES
Who Needs Love Like That / Heavenly Action / Oh L’Amour / Sometimes / It Doesn’t Have To Be / Victim Of Love / The Circus / Ship Of Fools / Chains Of Love / A Little Respect / Stop! / Drama! / You Surround Me / Blue Savannah / Star / Chorus

DISC TWO
CD – SINGLES
Love To Hate You / Am I Right? / Breathe Of Life / Take A Chance On Me / Always / Run To The Sun / I Love Saturday / Stay With Me / Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer’s Day) / Rock Me Gently / In My Arms / Don’t Say Your Love Is Killing Me / Rain / Freedom / Moon & The Sky / Solsbury Hill / Make Me Smile (Come Up & See Me)

DISC THREE
CD – SINGLES
Breathe / Don’t Say You Love Me / Here I Go Impossible Again / All This Time Still Falling Out Of Love / Boy (Acoustic) / I Could Fall In Love With You / Sunday Girl / Storm In A Teacup / Sucker For Love / When I Start To (Break It All Down) / Be With You / Fill Us With Fire / Gaudete / Make It Wonderful / Elevation / Reason / Sacred

DISC FOUR
CD – COMPILED BY ANDY BELL
Fill Us With Fire / Save Me Darling / Fly Away / Here I Go Impossible Again / Witch In The Ditch / Miracle / Siren Song / Mad As We Are / Boy (Acoustic) / Joan / I Bet You’re Mad At Me / Golden Heart / A Long Goodbye / What Will I Say When You’re Gone / Brother & Sister / Whole Lotta Love Run Riot

DISC FIVE
CD – COMPILED BY VINCE CLARKE
Sono Luminus / Because You’re So Sweet / Love Affair / Home / Alien / Precious / Don’t Dance / How My Eyes Adore You / Boy / Blues Away / Spiralling (Acoustic) / Piano Song / Tenderest Moments (Acoustic) / Everybody’s Got To Learn Sometime / Cry So Easy / You’ve Got to Save Me Right Now / Weight Of The World

DISC SIX
CD – B-SIDES
Supernature / The Hardest Part / When I Needed You / She Won’t Be Home / Knocking On Your Door / Don’t Suppose / Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! / Over The Rainbow / Waiting For Sex / Tenderest Moments / March On Down The Line / Dreamlike State / The Soldier’s Return / Heart Of Glass (Live In Oxford) / Let It Flow / Runaround On The Underground / Rapture / Paradise

DISC SEVEN
CD – B-SIDES
La La La / Truly, Madly, Deeply / Like Zsa Zsa Zsa Gabor / Sweet Sweet Baby / True Love Wars / Ghost / Hi NRG / The Good The Bad And The Ugly / In The Name Of The Heart / Die 4 Love / Tragic / First Contact / Love Is Colder Than Death / Don’t Say No / In The Hall of The Mountain King / No G.D.M / Take Me On A Highway / Tomorrow’s World

DISC EIGHT
CD – REMIXES
A Little Respect – Extended Mix / Waiting for The Day – Vince Clarke Remix / Supernature – William Orbit Remix / Blue Savannah – Little Boots Remix / S.O.S – Perimeter Mix / Love To Hate You – Bruce Forest Remix / Snappy (The Spice has Risen Mix) / Ship Of Fools – Gjone & Nicka Stella Polaris Remix / The Circus – The Equalateral Mix / Elevation – Jack Antonoff Remix / Stay With Me – Guitar Mix

DISC NINE
CD – REMIXES
Stop! – 12″ Remix / I Could Fall In Love With You – Jeremy Wheatley 12″ Mix / Always – Always in Motion / Blue Savannah – Out Of The Blue Remix / Oh L’Amour – Almighty Remix / Chorus – Aggressive Trance Mix / Heavenly Action – Matt Pop’s Planet Cupid Mix / Breath Of Life – Joey Beltram Mix / You Surround Me (Syrinx Mix) / If I Could – Japanese Mix / Rock Me Gently – A Combination of Special Events

DISC TEN
CD – LIVE
Victim Of Love – The Circus Tour 1987 / Knocking On Your Door – The Erasure Show 2005 / A Whole Lotta Love Run Riot – Tomorrow’s World Tour 2011 / Joan – The Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour 1992 / Witch In The Ditch – The Innocents Tour 1988 / I Bet You’re Mad At Me – The Erasure Show 2005 / Home – The Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour 1992 / Spiralling – The Innocents Tour 1988 / Sunday Girl – Light At The End Of The World Tour 2007 / Don’t Say Your Love Is Killing Me – An Evening With Erasure 1997 / Breathe – The Erasure Show 2005 / Sometimes – The Innocents Tour 1988 / Tenderest Moments – The Acoustic Tour 2006 / Ave Maria – The Erasure Show 2005 / The Soldiers Return – The Phantasmagorical Entertainment Tour 1992 / I Could Fall In Love With You – Light At The End Of The World Tour 2007 / A Little Respect – The Innocents 1988

DISC ELEVEN
CD – RARITIES
Who Needs Love Like That (Audition Version) / Blue (Searching) / Piano (Tomorrow’s World Demo) / Waiting For The Day (Demo) / Siempre – (Always – Spanish Version) / 2000 Miles – (Monteverde 7″ Mix) / Chanson (Moon & The Sky French Demo) / Am I Right? (Guitar Demo) / Worlds On Fire (Demo) / Run To The Sun (Demo) / Breath Of Life (Piano Demo) / Alien (Demo) / Whole Lotta Love Run Riot (Demo) / Moon & The Sky – (The Beatmasters Remix) / Untitled (Loveboat Demo) / Amo Odiarti (Love To Hate You – Italian Disco Anthem Mix) / UK Vibe 3 (Tomorrow’s World Demo) / Symphony / Reason (Sirius XM Radio Session)

DISC TWELVE
CD – DOCUMENTARY
A Little Respect: 30 Years of Erasure (Radio Documentary)

DISC THIRTEEN
DVD – THE WILD! CONCERT
Piano Song / How Many Times? / You Surround Me / Knocking On Your Door / Brother And Sister / Crown Of Thorns / Star / Chains Of Love / Hideaway / Supernature / Sometimes / The Hardest Part / Oh L’Amour / Drama! / A Little Respect / Spiralling / La Gloria / Ship Of Fools / It Doesn’t Have To Be / Blue Savannah / Who Needs Love Like That / Stop! / Victim Of Love + Backstage Footage

Tracklisting for the 6-TRACK DOWNLOAD EP for anyone pre-ordering from Lexer Music or Pledge Music [source: erasureinfo.com]:

Dreamlike State (7″ Alternative Mix) / Sugar Hill (Vox Mix) / Heart of Stone (Live) / Then I Go Twisting (Demo) / Fingers And Thumbs (Electrofinger Dub) / Sacred (Chris Cox Dub Mix)

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Re: Erasure - from moscow to mars Boxset

Postby moni » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:07 pm

Still waiting on deluxe versions of Drama and Chorus! and i'm afraid there is no way i'm forking out £80 + for this box.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby idlehands » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:48 am

Total cash grab IMHO...
I can't see a casual fan spending £80 (Lexer Music) / £107 (Pledge Music) for bits and pieces.
So who's left? Collectors and die-hards who already own the majority of this release.

IMHO, the content of this box could easily be edited to present an exciting release of "new" material.
3 CDs of singles - Unnecessary for me. However, all 50 singles "in the original single versions" could be a selling point for many fans.
2 CDs of Vince / Andy faves - Unnecessary. My playlist is the only one I need and it's free.
2 CDs of EIS b-side faves - Unnecessary. Does anyone care which b-sides EIS members love the most? I don't. Again, my playlist is the only one I need and it's free.
2 CDs of remixes - Mixed bag. Remove "classic" mixes that everyone already owns and add more rare / unreleased remixes. Skip the new remixes (interpretations) because my ears are still bleeding from "Pop! Remixed" (2009).
1 CD Live - As long as the tracks are rare / previously unreleased this disc gets a thumbs-up.
1 CD Rarities - Gets a thumbs-up based on the "Rare and previously unreleased material..." description.
1 CD Audio Documentary - Not sure about this one. How long is the documentary? Is it truly informative or just a puff piece? Would I listen to this more than once if at all?
1 DVD Wild! Tour - On DVD for the first time, thumbs-up.

The Lexer Music tracklist has a good breakdown of the Rarities disc:
http://www.lexermusic.com/coming-soon/e ... uxe-boxset
idlehands
Switchin' to Glide

Postby negative1 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:28 pm

here is list of the exclusive tracks by someone on the erasure forums:

6-TRACK DOWNLOAD EP
Dreamlike State (7? Alternative Mix) (I'm wondering though if this will just turn out to be the 12 hour technicolour mix)
*Sugar Hill (Vox Mix) (I think we've had this as a download before?)
*Heart of Stone (Live) (Kind of depends which concert this is from as to how 'exclusive' it is)
Then I Go Twisting (Demo)
Fingers And Thumbs (Electrofinger Dub)
Sacred (Chris Cox Dub Mix)

DISC EIGHT
CD – REMIXES
Waiting for The Day – Vince Clarke Remix
Blue Savannah – Little Boots Remix
Ship Of Fools – Gjone & Nicka Stella Polaris Remix
The Circus – The Equalateral Mix

DISC NINE
CD – REMIXES
Always – Always in Motion
*Blue Savannah – Out Of The Blue Remix (from the US promo and was officially released on a compilation CD I think
*Oh L’Amour – Almighty Remix (Was on an Almighty CD compilation and on am Almighty promo CD
Heavenly Action – Matt Pop’s Planet Cupid Mix
Breath Of Life – Joey Beltram Mix (Turns out this is just the Umbilical Mix from the original single under a different name)

DISC TEN
CD – LIVE
*Don’t Say Your Love Is Killing Me – An Evening With Erasure 1997 (was on the EIS live CD)

DISC ELEVEN
CD – RARITIES
*Who Needs Love Like That (Audition Version) (Was on both Buried Treasure 1 & 2 already)
Blue (Searching)
Piano (Tomorrow’s World Demo)
Waiting For The Day (Demo)
*Siempre – (Always – Spanish Version) (first time on CD, but was on a 7" with Spanish editions of Chorus I think
2000 Miles – (Monteverde 7? Mix)
Chanson (Moon & The Sky French Demo)
Am I Right? (Guitar Demo)
Worlds On Fire (Demo)
Run To The Sun (Demo)
Breath Of Life (Piano Demo)
Alien (Demo)
Whole Lotta Love Run Riot (Demo)
Moon & The Sky – (The Beatmasters Remix)
Untitled (Loveboat Demo)
*Amo Odiarti (Love To Hate You – Italian Disco Anthem Mix) (An Italian promo 7"?)
UK Vibe 3 (Tomorrow’s World Demo)
Symphony
Reason (Sirius XM Radio Session)

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:53 am

Such a blatant rip-off! I find it hard to gather interesting tracks even for one CD, but ten?! I wonder how many will be tempted to buy this stuff for yet another time.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:45 am

Passing_Stranger wrote:Such a blatant rip-off! I find it hard to gather interesting tracks even for one CD, but ten?! I wonder how many will be tempted to buy this stuff for yet another time.

i would buy it, if i had a chance. will wait until its used.
i'm a fan, but not that big.

it's good looking, and has enough for me to want it.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:57 pm

delayed until dec 9

review: http://www.xsnoize.com/box-set-review-e ... w-to-mars/

=======================
Erasure "From Moscow To Mars" Release Date Update

"Dear Erasure Fans,

First of all, a big thank-you for your patience during the extended labour of this very special box set. We can now confirm that the official release date will be 9th December. By that date, you will have received shipping notification from Pledge/Lexer wherever you are in the world. It’s inevitable that some of you will receive your boxes before others – we would ask that you remain patient if that happens. We are doing our best to make sure everyone gets their boxes in plenty of time for Christmas. When the boxes come in we'll post an unboxing video, so you can all see what you're getting.

Many thanks,
Erasure & BMG"
====

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:54 pm

I just heard the "Heavenly Action (Matt Pop's Planet Cupid Mix" track from the "Moscow To Mars" anthology. Hot damn if that isn't a 5-minute slice of absolute genius and electronic ear candy!!!!

I've never NOT liked "Heavenly Action", but it's certainly never been a tune that's served as a "go-to" for a quick Erasure fix. Thirty-one years on, and this completely unexpected mix of an average Erasure song has instantly become one of my all-time favorite Erasure remixes! :) Whoever Matt Pop is, he is obviously a fan. Rather than just make a contemporary generic club mix, he completely infused his mix with the humor and playfulness Erasure have always injected into their music and image, with plenty of nostalgic winks and sci-fi flare. I especially love what he does with the backing vocals, allowing them to shine on their own in bits and pieces throughout. Love it, love it, love it!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:12 am

Fred Taghon wrote:I just heard the "Heavenly Action (Matt Pop's Planet Cupid Mix" track from the "Moscow To Mars" anthology. Hot damn if that isn't a 5-minute slice of absolute genius and electronic ear candy!!!!

I've never NOT liked "Heavenly Action", but it's certainly never been a tune that's served as a "go-to" for a quick Erasure fix. Thirty-one years on, and this completely unexpected mix of an average Erasure song has instantly become one of my all-time favorite Erasure remixes! :) Whoever Matt Pop is, he is obviously a fan. Rather than just make a contemporary generic club mix, he completely infused his mix with the humor and playfulness Erasure have always injected into their music and image, with plenty of nostalgic winks and sci-fi flare. I especially love what he does with the backing vocals, allowing them to shine on their own in bits and pieces throughout. Love it, love it, love it!

the big problem with that remix, is its way too short....
he usually does longer mixes, so i don't know why he made this one so short.
it loses the impact it has.

i prefer the original mixes. but it's still decent.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:37 pm

This is now available in the US:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... n-the-usa/

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations