Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

new depeche mode video collection - 3 x dvd

Re: new depeche mode video collection - 3 x dvd

Postby negative1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:46 am

obs wrote:They could have done an expanded vinyl version, with the singles added. Hey, it works for CDs.

maybe they will. you can never have enough depeche mode compilations, of their singles anyways.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:12 pm

negative1 wrote:missing: halo, clean, and pimpf from strange and strange too.

will still be getting it.

later

Man, I wish they would have included these too but pretty happy about the tracklisting of the boxset. Finally they do this almost right.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Sean wrote:
negative1 wrote:missing: halo, clean, and pimpf from strange and strange too.

will still be getting it.

later

Man, I wish they would have included these too but pretty happy about the tracklisting of the boxset. Finally they do this almost right.

you mean, they are 'getting the balance right'.

the missing videos are not that critical, because they weren't really singles.

there was a promo and plans for a 'halo' single release, but it didn't happen.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:57 pm

Nice! I hope it's the extended version of People Are People. Not a deal breaker, but would be nice to have on DVD.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:27 pm

obs wrote:Nice! I hope it's the extended version of People Are People. Not a deal breaker, but would be nice to have on DVD.

its a bonus track:
-----------------------------------
Bonus Alternate Music Videos
People Are People (12″ Version) (directed by Clive Richardson)
But Not Tonight (Pool Version) (directed by Tamra Davis)
Soothe My Soul (Extended) (directed by Warren Fu)
Stripped (Unreleased Alternate Cut) (directed by Peter Care)

2016 audio commentaries by Dave Gahan, Andy Fletcher and Martin Gore

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:21 am

Anyone get this yet? Want to know if there's any pressing glitches or stuff that would warrant a fixed repress :) .
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:25 am

Here was my review on another site:

I just got this, surprisingly by walking in a store rather than mail order. I've only gone through a little bit of the early stuff, since that's really what I wanted it for. The previously unissued on VHS or DVD videos that I've watched look really good. It was nice to finally see the super-cheesy 'Leave In Silence' on a real DVD, rather than watching on YouTube. I even listened to a couple of the early commentary tracks. It's clear they despise the early videos. They talk about how embarrassed they were and are about the 'See You' and 'Meaning of Love' videos, though Martin tries to be diplomatic by not putting the blame entirely on director, Julian Temple, even though I think he should take the brunt of the blame. Nonetheless, I still find charm in those early videos. Once Anton Corbijn comes in, I think most of those videos are pretty dull. 'A Question of Time' is amusing but the general high grain black and white videos are not too eye catching.

The packaging is mixed. It's a nice tri-fold with a thick paper color booklet with credits. The problem is the DVDs are a challenge to get out of the tight envelopes, so expect some scuff marks.

Even at my ripe old age, I still enjoy watching music videos from the 1980s. I'm overjoyed that a complete Siouxsie and the Banshees collection is in the works, but I also wouldn't mind seeing a properly restored comp by The Cure. Even though I only like their 80s output, they had a ton of videos during that era.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:11 am

I'm really pleased with this collection. The sound and video are both great, and it just shows that the labels are capable of doing this if they put the time, money, and resources into the effort. I know that every package is subject to a P&L statement, and that a package from such an established act can have more budget applied than, say, a band with only one or two hits. But when I look at the quality of the videos on the recent Simple Minds boxes for albums such as Once Upon A Time, it's obvious that better quality is possible. I'm so glad I have their video collection from the early '00s, because the picture quality of videos such as "Alive And Kicking" on the album boxed set is atrocious.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:53 pm

No glitches as such but note that many videos have new audio from the CD singles. Enjoy the silence is missing the intro, Policy of Truth is a poor edit and See You seems out of sync.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:24 pm

I did notice the new soundtracks are pretty loud. And 'But Not Tonight' does not use the Modern Girls remix, just the regular mix with the extended outro tacked on. Can't complain too much, everything looks pretty good. Fairly consistent throughout. I won't expect similar for Siouxsie, even though it is said to be available on Blu Ray as well. That is, if it is ever finished.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:32 am

I wonder if they're saving the Split Mix of "Never Let Me Down Again" for a possible Strange/Strange_Too release.

Yeah, the packaging is a pain. I copied the discs, then put the original discs in a protective sleeve and left them loose inside. The whole package is now in a resealable plastic envelope, possibly never to be opened again :mrgreen: .

Seeing those early videos in a row ... Well, it's understandable why they left them out. I did like "See You", though, despite the sync problems. It was actually the first video I jumped to, and was thankful that none of the other videos (only watched the first disc) were out of sync. I didn't think "Love, in Itself" or "Blasphemous Rumours" were embarassing, though, and could have been included on one of their previous compilations. Oh well, they're all here now.
obs
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations