Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

DEAD OR ALIVE - SOPHISTICATED BOOM BOX 19 Disc Box Set!

Re: DEAD OR ALIVE - SOPHISTICATED BOOM BOX 19 Disc Box Set!

Postby Fred Taghon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Regarding the corrected replacement discs:

NUKLEOPATRA (Disc 2):

Track 1: "Rebel Rebel (12" NRG Extended Mix)" is now the correct mix - not the nearly identical Hole Mix that was on the original disc. This mix is more like an extended version of the Album Version. I've never heard it, and as "Rebel Rebel" is one of my favorite tracks on "Nukleopatra", I'm loving this mix!!!

Track 12: "International Thing (Nu-NRG 12" Remix)" is now the correct mix. The original disc duplicated the Album Version. Again, this is a mix I've never heard, and it's AWESOME!

A reminder, Edsel used the 4:20 version of "Nukleopatra" on Disc 1 instead of the 7:04 version on the 1995 Japanese release. I've always felt it was one of Dead Or Alive's best songs and 7 minutes of a good thing is almost always better than 4 ;-)
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:51 pm

I haven't opened my boxset, but have received the many replacement disks.

If reasonably acceptable, this has to be the quickest and most seamless replacement of massive CD flaws ever.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Gary Russell » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:57 am

Fred Taghon wrote:Regarding the corrected replacement discs:

NUKLEOPATRA (Disc 2):

Track 1: "Rebel Rebel (12" NRG Extended Mix)" is now the correct mix - not the nearly identical Hole Mix that was on the original disc. This mix is more like an extended version of the Album Version. I've never heard it, and as "Rebel Rebel" is one of my favorite tracks on "Nukleopatra", I'm loving this mix!!!

Track 12: "International Thing (Nu-NRG 12" Remix)" is now the correct mix. The original disc duplicated the Album Version. Again, this is a mix I've never heard, and it's AWESOME!

A reminder, Edsel used the 4:20 version of "Nukleopatra" on Disc 1 instead of the 7:04 version on the 1995 Japanese release. I've always felt it was one of Dead Or Alive's best songs and 7 minutes of a good thing is almost always better than 4 ;-)

Fred, thank you for going through these, it's really useful and really appreciated.
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby omar » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Got my replacement cds as well here in the US.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Qbertqubes » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:59 am

"A reminder, Edsel used the 4:20 version of "Nukleopatra" on Disc 1 instead of the 7:04 version on the 1995 Japanese release. I've always felt it was one of Dead Or Alive's best songs and 7 minutes of a good thing is almost always better than 4"

Did Edsel really miss an extended version to put on their Nukleopatra bonus disc 2? With so many "you spin me round ones", how could they miss this one?
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Funeral Pyre » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:03 pm

How is the sound of this box set? Is it brickwalled?
Funeral Pyre
Switchin' to Glide

Postby omar » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:49 pm

No not at all. It actually sounds quite nice. It seems that they nailed the issues right on time before everyone would boycott future Edsel releases for the fear of disappointment.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:34 am

i don't really want the whole box.

but i picked up the fixed 2 disc version of 'youthquake' off ebay, as some people are selling replacement discs.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby anfunny2003 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:07 am

The albums will be issued separately as I understand it, as 2CD sets, along with other stuff... probably a 2CD hits compilation, remix anthology or even a CD singles box set. If you really don't want the box set, hang fire a couple of months and we should have some more news. :P
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby anfunny2003 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:04 pm

The vinyl box set has an alarming issue... the Nude LP plays Elvis Presley! :lol:
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:06 pm

anfunny2003 wrote:The vinyl box set has an alarming issue... the Nude LP plays Elvis Presley! :lol:

This made me chuckle - and I REALLY needed it tonight - so, thanks!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby André » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 am

Anyone know how to get the replacement vinyl of Nude? I called Amazon.co.uk where I bought mine and they can only offer total refund upon return or 10% discount??
The bind mogles!
André
Switchin' to Glide

Postby obs » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:03 am

WTF? I thought the Elvis thing was a joke! That is a gauge of what a big fuck-up it is, when it is so ridiculous that I immediately thought it was a gag.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby swerve » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Pete's spinning in his grave.

If you are going to go to the extent of compiling something to this extreme then put the same effort into listening to it all and determining what is / isn't correct before releasing it.

If it needs to involve numerous people to check then so be it.

What a farce.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby mgidaho » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:17 pm

So, I was super excited about this before it came out. It came out, it was a bit of a disaster. What's the status now? Are the new sets selling now corrected? Or does one still have to get the replacement discs, etc?
mgidaho
Switchin' to Glide

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations