Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Alison Moyet: First Four Albums Remastered & Reissued

Alison Moyet: First Four Albums Remastered & Reissued

Postby omar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:54 am

In Nov. Finally BMG will reissue remastered/expanded 2cd reissues of Alison Moyet's first four studio albums Alf,Raindancing,Hoodoo and Essex. Here's the tracklist:

ALF

Disc One – original album

Love Resurrection
Honey For The Bees
For You Only
Invisible
Steal Me Blind
All Cried Out
Money Mile
Twisting The Knife
Where Hides Sleep

Disc Two – bonus tracks

Love Resurrection (U.S Long Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
All Cried Out (The Remix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Invisible (Extended Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
For You Only (Extended New Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Love Resurrection (Love Injected Remix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Baby I Do First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Invisible (Transparent Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Hitch Hike First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
For You Only (New Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
That Ole Devil Called Love
Don’t Burn Down The Bridge First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
That Ole Devil Called Love (Jazz Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Don’t Burn Down The Bridge (Extended Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Twisting The Knife (Live) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
That Ole Devil Called Love (Live)

RAINDANCING

Weak In The Presence Of Beauty
Ordinary Girl
You Got Me Wrong
Without You
Sleep Like Breathing
Is This Love?
Blow Wind Blow
Glorious Love
When I Say (No Giveaway)
Stay

Disc Two – bonus tracks

Is This Love? (L.A. Mix) (Produced by Dave Stewart)
Blow Wind Blow (Long Version) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Weak In The Presence of Beauty (Extended Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
To Work On You First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Take My Imagination To Bed First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Ordinary Girl (Remix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Palm Of Your Hand (Cloak & Dagger) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Ordinary Girl (Dance Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Love Letters
This House (Original Mix)
Love Letters (Extended Version)
The Coventry Carol (From Olympics benefit album ‘A Very Special Christmas’, 1987)
Love Resurrection (Live At Wembley Arena, 13th May 1987) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Ne Me Quitte Pas (Live At Wembley Arena, 13th May 1987)
You And Me Previously unreleased demo.
Let’s Get Personal (with James Brown)

HOODOO

Footsteps
It Won’t Be Long
This House
Rise
Wishing You Were Here
Hoodoo
(Meeting With My) Main Man
Back Where I Belong
My Right A.R.M.
Never Too Late
Find Me

Disc Two – bonus tracks

Take Of Me
Back Where I Belong (Polite Mix)
Back Where I Belong” (Soft Mix)
Come Back Home
Hoodoo (Extended Version) (remix by Francois Kevorkian) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Hoodoo (Starlight Dub) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Hoodoo (Single Version) (remix by Francois Kevorkian)
Hoodoo (Instrumental) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
It Won’t Be Long (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
Wishing You Were Here (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
Never Too Late (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
Find Me (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
(Meeting With My) Main Man (Live At The Town & Country Club, London, 17th July, 1991) Previously unreleased.
Dig A Hole Previously unreleased demo.

ESSEX

Disc One – original album & bonus tracks

Falling
And I Know
Whispering Your Name
Getting Into Something
So Am I
Satellite
Ode To Boy
Dorothy
Another Living Day
Boys Own
Take Of Me
Ode To Boy II
Whispering Your Name (Single Mix)
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Single Mix)
Blue (Original Version)
Solid Wood (Single Mix)
Our Colander Eyes (Single Mix) Rare – withdrawn single.
My Best Day (featuring Lightning Seeds)
Make A Change (featuring Tricky)

Disc Two – bonus tracks

Falling (Infinite Dub)
It Won’t Be Long (Acoustic)
Whispering Your Name (Extended Remix)
Whispering Your Name (Remix) (remix by Vince Clarke)
Getting Into Something (Midnight Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
Dorothy (Acoustic)
Ne Me Quitte Pas (Acoustic)
Never Too Late (Remix)
Never Too Late (Extended Remix)
Life In A Hole
Rock And Roll (Live At The Mean Fiddler, London, 3rd April, 1992)
Sunderland Glynn
Beautiful Previously unreleased.
How Long (Alternate Version) Previously unreleased.
Blue (The Essential Mix)
Our Colander Eyes (Pete Glenister Demo) Previously unreleased.
Blue (Playing The Field Edit) Previously unreleased.
There Are Worse Things I Could Do
omar
Room at the Top

Re: Alison Moyet: First Four Albums Remastered & Reissued

Postby chris74 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:03 am

Today's best news!!!! Now I only wish China Records finally released all Art Of Noise albums of the late 80s.
chris74
Take On Me

Postby omar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:11 am

These reissues are 5 years in the making. I remember back in 2010 Sony/BMG had announced plans to reissue Alf & Raindancing initially then it all went quiet.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby danadotcom » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:42 am

So very pleased that these are finally seeing the dawn! All the obvious bonus material is listed, as are a few surprises. Only tracks left off, most likely due to timing, are the Junior Vasquez mixes of Ode To Boy. Excellent mixes, but they're widely available so no huge loss at all.
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Postby Lois » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:44 am

FINALLY 8) 8) ALISON MOYET deluxe edition is remastered from the original tapes . Very important for me original tapes remastered quality.
Very very happy :P never featured on CD. RARITIES...Alf + Raindancing bonus tracks fabulous. I buy.

A dream others artists Albums Remastered & Reissued. WHAM ?
Lois
Take On Me

Postby ZippY » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:44 am

I just hope the remastering turns out good (not loud). This is often the problem with reissues. I'll go with the first 2 albums. Great tracklistings for the reissues by the way.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Both Alf & Raindancing are slightly loud. Otherwise they both are excellent reissues with track selection and packaging.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:34 am

Still I'm slightly disappointed that the single version of All Cried out is missing on Alf, but overall, this is a very good selection of tracks and an acceptable remaster in my ears.

Funny thing is, I always thought that Patti Austin's version of Honey For The Bees from 1985 was her own. Never knew that Alison did that one a year earlier :D However, I like both versions.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations