Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Visage - The Wild Life

Re: Visage - The Wild Life

Postby Rubellan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:26 am

Of course, I want to know if they sourced the original mixes from tapes, and that they haven't brickwalled the hell out it.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Why put an extended mix of On We Go which wasn't even a single and leave out Night Train :?
moni
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:33 pm

moni wrote:Why put an extended mix of On We Go which wasn't even a single and leave out Night Train :?

Does seem odd , perhaps there are some licencing issues and a company has the rights following its inclusion on an upcoming or old compilation CD . You would of thought in that case they would have put on the Dub version of night train which would have been good

I am interested in the TAR dub , i wonder if this is a new mix as was not aware of its existence
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:24 am

All be very wary of the extended versions they seem to be new remixes and not the original 12"'s which I think is very underhand as they were not original advertised like that , they now seem to have put a statement on the shop saying that they were recorded in 2012/13 . very disappointed as this was not on there when I ordered it
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 am

That was rather underhand of them, though I'm curious to hear new versions. I, like most of you I expect, would much rather have the original mixes. Maybe this release will prompt whoever the hell owns the Visage catalogue nowadays to pull their finger out and get a 12" collection and a deluxe reissue of the debut out. I'd love to see that curated with the same care shown to the Grace Jones Compass Point albums.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Jolo0924 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:14 pm

thunderbird2 wrote:All be very wary of the extended versions they seem to be new remixes and not the original 12"'s which I think is very underhand as they were not original advertised like that , they now seem to have put a statement on the shop saying that they were recorded in 2012/13 . very disappointed as this was not on there when I ordered it

I cancelled mine and got a refund as soon as I got confirmation from Visage website that they were Re-recorded versions. Will we ever get the original 80's Dance Mixes of The Anvil, Night Train + Dub and The Damned Don't Cry (The one sourced from Vinyl on the Expanded Re-master of The Anvil doesn't Count)?
Jolo0924
Switchin' to Glide

Postby moni » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Jolo0924 wrote:
thunderbird2 wrote:All be very wary of the extended versions they seem to be new remixes and not the original 12"'s which I think is very underhand as they were not original advertised like that , they now seem to have put a statement on the shop saying that they were recorded in 2012/13 . very disappointed as this was not on there when I ordered it

I cancelled mine and got a refund as soon as I got confirmation from Visage website that they were Re-recorded versions. Will we ever get the original 80's Dance Mixes of The Anvil, Night Train + Dub and The Damned Don't Cry (The one sourced from Vinyl on the Expanded Re-master of The Anvil doesn't Count)?

That was very hasty as these new mixes sound excellent and although not the originals they stay very true to them. Polydor wouldn't license the originals so thats why they had to use these new mixes so the chances of their albums being reissued in the future are zero i would imagine.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:49 pm

All , i didnt cancel my order and received the cd ,

the mixes in most cases do try and stay close to the original especially fade to grey and they have obviously used a lost of the original equipment to get the sounds . Steve's re=recorded vocals sound a little weaker especially when not being backed by midge ure

however i would say its worth getting if you treat it for what it is , in some ways its like blank and jones re-imagining of the ztt tracks without using using the original source material

one thing i will say though is that i have been completely blown away with rusty eagans welcome to the dance floor on pledge . it is fantastic and has contibutions from chris payne , peter hook , tony hadley and i believe some of the tracks were going to be used for a visgae album a few years ago which would have had rusty as part of the team

you will love it especially some of the vox humana sounds that numan used o use
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby telekon3 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:08 am

I have a like new copy - used/played once
$10 plus $3 shipping for USA only. PM - me.

THE WILD LIFE
(THE BEST OF EXTENDED VERSION & REMIXES - 1978 TO 2015)
SSC004 - CD ALBUM

Fade To Grey (Extended Version)
Mind Of A Toy (Extended Version)
Visage (Extended Version)
The Damned Don't Cry (Extended Version)
The Anvil (Extended Version)
Pleasure Boys (Extended Version)
Tar (Extended Dub)
Frequency 7 (Dance Version)
Shameless Fashion (Extended Version)
On We Go (Extended Version)
Hidden Sign (Extended Version)

Recorded by Visage in 2013/14
Last edited by telekon3 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Jolo0924 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 am

moni wrote:
Jolo0924 wrote:

That was very hasty as these new mixes sound excellent and although not the originals they stay very true to them. Polydor wouldn't license the originals so thats why they had to use these new mixes so the chances of their albums being reissued in the future are zero i would imagine.

I cancelled on hearing the samples on Soundcloud. I tried to like them, but would rather have the raw energy sound of the originals any day.
Jolo0924
Switchin' to Glide

Postby WLR » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Just to clarify is the standard Best Of new recordings or the original mixes??

This seems to be a right mess to me, it's as clear as mud the formats of this release.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby anfunny2003 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:14 am

Basically...

Standard CD - original versions (...there's a hidden track at the end, BTW)
Standard download - re-recordings
Extended CD - re-recordings
Extended download - re-recordings

I bought the 6xCD/1xCDR bundle and I have to say the re-recordings are pretty good... the re-recorded 12" of Fade To Grey in particular is very faithful, whilst being 'fresh' at the same time. A couple of times on other tracks, Steve's voice does strain a little, but I wouldn't say these re-recordings are rubbish. I quite like them!
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby VicT » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:20 am

Hmm... Interesting... Is it "Tightrope"?
I can't make my mind about this compilation - Hidden Sign remix is excellent, The Silince in the original version is also great but two tracks aren't enough for me to buy the CD. Having the the 3rd new track could make the whole thing work. And what the artwork?
VicT
Running Up That Hill

Postby df118 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:56 pm

VicT wrote:

Hmm... Interesting... Is it "Tightrope"?
I can't make my mind about this compilation - Hidden Sign remix is excellent, The Silince in the original version is also great but two tracks aren't enough for me to buy the CD. Having the the 3rd new track could make the whole thing work. And what the artwork?

It seems to be a unique orchestral reprise of Love Glove. It's about two minutes long.
df118
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:13 pm

This is pretty much a must buy for a fan. I think they did an astonishing job.
Barmy
The Jet Set

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations