Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

new Depeche Mode single

new Depeche Mode single

Postby q89747 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:58 am

'Where's the Revolution' to be played on Morning Becomes Eclectic today

http://www.kcrw.com/
q89747
Personal Jesus

Re: new Depeche Mode single

Postby telekon3 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:15 am

telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby WLR » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:06 am

One of the worst Depeche Mode singles ever, it is awful, sounds like a cast off from their previous album, production is awful and the song lacks direction, not what I was expecting at all.

Doesn't bode well for the album.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:56 am

agreed, underwhelming,

and the album artwork is horrible and plain also.

rehashing construction time again on the inside?

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby telekon3 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:30 pm

Most new music by "older" bands seems lackluster these days, even if it's viewed as the best thing they have done in twenty years (This single may not be the case) It's because I'm not a teenager any longer, It's not the 80's any longer, It doesn't have the impact on me or become a soundtrack for my memories as when I was younger and other things in my life at this age have become a greater priority than the "latest cool band or release" I think that is why I spend my free time hunting down rare CDs from my past and waiting for reissues of music that was never released on CD to fill this void of the excitement and importance that music once had in my life. In this age of country and rap it's a miracle that these bands from my youth are even still making music at all.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby negative1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:08 pm

telekon3 wrote:Most new music by "older" bands seems lackluster these days, even if it's viewed as the best thing they have done in twenty years (This single may not be the case) It's because I'm not a teenager any longer, It's not the 80's any longer, It doesn't have the impact on me or become a soundtrack for my memories as when I was younger and other things in my life at this age have become a greater priority than the "latest cool band or release" I think that is why I spend my free time hunting down rare CDs from my past and waiting for reissues of music that was never released on CD to fill this void of the excitement and importance that music once had in my life. In this age of country and rap it's a miracle that these bands from my youth are even still making music at all.

for me, it has nothing to do with my age, or the era, or memories.

to me, i was pretty much collecting the music in a vacuum, and finding a few releases here and there.
it's only now that' i'm filling in the gaps i was missing from before. so finding old ones are still exciting.

their earlier music is much more cohesive, and has a quality to it, that their recent music is completely missing.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby telekon3 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:52 pm

It's funny how when we get older we have to intellectualize everything we do.
The process of rationalization is the currency of the world.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby anemiccinema » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:08 pm

I am I the only one here that likes it....It is better than what Delta Machine offered. It reminds me of the extra disc on Sounds of the Universe boxset (I.E. Ghost). I did not give up on depeche after the poor Exciter (though I love Freelove and I feel Loved) I thought Playing the Angel was a Solid release-- and later came round to Songs of Faith and Devotion (although I hated it to death when it came out)---I think Walking in My Shoes is on the short list of the best 5 depeche songs. As far as the new song
-- I like the Raw analog sound, the lyrics and that infectious -- "the train is coming" chant becoming bluesy as it goes on. It really touches with the heart of the times though I am not certain that I like politics mixing with my depeche. Let me preempt the New Dress for all ye respondahs. Never give up on the mode.
anemiccinema
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Huge, looooooooooooooongtime fan. I listened to it twice so far and it's about average at best in my opinion. The last full DM album I truly enjoyed start to finish was Ultra. Playing The Angel had several great tracks (Precious was, for me, their most recent GREAT single). And there have been a handful of decent tracks here and there from 2001 to present, but all those albums tend to sound much alike to me. Not much stands out. I haven't listened to Delta Machine since probably six months after it's release. I'm really kinda over the bluesy thing too to be honest. But then again, if they're going for electro blues these days more so than being on the cutting edge of electronic pop, then i suppose they do it pretty well.

The magic has faded for me, but I admit I usually still find enough good or at least interesting tracks on every album to keep me adding their output to my collection so I know I will be getting Spirit, I'm just not all pumped up about it. They do, however, always put on a damn fine live show, so I'm thinking I may try to see them this time around - would be the first time since 2001 for me!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:15 pm

It's been the same for me with most of Depeche albums after the 80's. Horrible debut single for their new albums but I end up buying the album anyways. Always find a few of the tracks I like better than the single. Then I wait awhile and find that those few songs I like are pretty good the more I listen to it. The rest of the album gets cool remixes by remixers and fans that know how Depeche should sound more than the band does. :D
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby q89747 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Performed tonight on Jimmy Fallon.
q89747
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations