Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Hear the pre mix of new Heaven 17 album

Hear the pre mix of new Heaven 17 album

Postby humanracer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:04 am

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Society ... ven17.html
If you sign up for the free trial you get to hear one track. You get all the tracks so far (more will be on the album) if you subscribe for a year. Shame you cannot buy albums individually because I don't fancy signing up just for one album. The other albums on there don't interest me.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Re: Hear the pre mix of new Heaven 17 album

Postby negative1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:44 pm

no thanks.

i love the band. but i don't see the point of subscribing. will wait for it to come out.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:19 am

I have both 12" singles they've released so far [+ 320 MP3 DL] and they are great material, but I can't see paying $60 more [I'm in £20 + UK shipping thus far] to hear just three more songs. If there was something else at B-W Society of Sound that would be another thing. FLAC24 is great, but not if it's all folkie and classical. H17 are definitely the odd ones out on that platform, but if it gets them revenue from B-W to finance the album, it's all good I suppose.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 am

Like you I had the 2 12" singles and thought they were great.

I've now obtained the other three tracks and I'm very glad I did not pay for the subscription to get them;

1. Clouds Or Mountains?
Very boring slow song, nearly 6 1/2 minutes long, feels like 6 1/2 weeks.
2. Your Wildest Dreams
Utterly bland instrumental
3. Honeymoon In New York 2
The original Honeymoon In New York is one of my favourite instrumental tracks ever. This has very little in common with it, I'm not sure why they called it HINY 2, as it's another instrumental they could have called it anything!

All 3 I'd listen to once and never feel the need to go back to, very disappointed to put it mildly.

Maybe they deliberately gave the subscription package 3 duff tracks, wanting to hold on to the best for the album itself? Your Wildest Dreams sounds like a backing track awaiting vocals, Honeymoon In New York 2 I can't see working as a vocal track at all. But if you're trying to entice people to get your new album putting out these three pieces of crap is a bizarre move! I hope the rest of it is more akin to Pray, Illumination, Unseen and Captured.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:43 pm

yeah i heard them too. i'm wondering if you heard the same tracks i did.

clouds and mountains - starts off slowly, but really picks up - not bad at all
your wildest dreams - fantastic, upbeat, and quirky, could use some changeups, but still a fun listen
honeymoon in new york 2 - a very experimental instrumental, not like the original as mentioned, but a bit basic

again, not the greatest, and not worth the $60,

but there is promise as the earlier songs are very promising and decent. and the newer ones can definitely be polished.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations