Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

M+M/Martha and the Muffins - The World Is a Ball (Expanded)

M+M/Martha and the Muffins - The World Is a Ball (Expanded)

Postby profil » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:08 am

The last of their 80's albums has been finally re-released as a 30th Anniversary Edition remastered and expanded with 4 bonus tracks.
3 versions of the album's single "Song In My Head" (12" Dance + Dub Mix and 7" Single Mix) and the B-Side "Riverine".

Available at CDBaby - like their other fantastic early 80's albums "Danseparc" and "Mystery Walk".
Both albums include as bonus tracks all the respective 12" versions and B-Sides. Which leaves only the 7" versions of "Black Stations / White Stations" and "Cooling the Medium" to be unreleased on CD - as far as I know.

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marthaandthemuffins4
Take On Me

Re: M+M/Martha and the Muffins - The World Is a Ball (Expand

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:50 am

Yeah, they funded this remaster with a PledgeMusic campaign a couple of months ago. The CD is wonderful; one of my favorite of their albums, and well mastered, but the bonus tracks are not perfect. The band forgot an early "basement version" of "Only You" and enabled it as a DL for pledgers. Also, the B-side from "Someone Else's Shoes" CAN 7" was not included. The track, "Million Dollars" was an early version of the song that eventually showed up on their next album in 1992. Still, this was a title I waited 30 years for the CD, so I can't say I'm too disappointed in the two tracks not being there. I'm happy to see that the CD is widely available past their pledge campaign [unlike China Crisis, grrrr.] The PledgeMusic price was $21, not too bad. The $12.95 on CD Baby probably does not include shipping from Canada, so it wasn't too much of a premium to pay. I m happy to kick in a bit extra for this band.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:47 pm

I read that the CD has been heavily brickwalled, which doesn't surprise me because Mystery Walk was squashed and had some bad tape hiss reduction applied to delicate parts that ruined it. I preferred the One Way 2-fer. I used to own The World Is A Ball LP but parted with it many years ago. I liked a couple songs but it was clear the sounds of Trance and Dance, as well as This Is The Ice Age were long gone.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:55 pm

I downloaded it from Amazon today. Yes, it does seem a little loud but not as loud as Mystery Walk.
omar
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations