Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Erasure single

New Erasure single

Postby rewind » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:30 am

Love You To The Sky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qf8LoHugjk

I like it!
rewind
Room at the Top

Re: New Erasure single

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Thanks for the heads up! It's a fairly different offering from them but by the half way mark I was opening up to it and when it was over I wanted to hear it again. So yeah, I like it as well. Looking forward to the album (as always).
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby WLR » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:05 am

:D An excellent single, Vince doing what Vince does best, catchy melodic songs, looking forward to the album. :D
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:39 am

sorry, the lyrics are too repetitive and boring. the music is ok...

maybe the next single will be better, or the mixes would improve it.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:34 pm

negative1 wrote:sorry, the lyrics are too repetitive and boring. the music is ok...

maybe the next single will be better, or the mixes would improve it.

later

The lyrics are simplistic, I agree, but I gotta say..I keep finding myself going back to listen to it lol. I'm REALLY liking it! I love the tribal rhythm in the background and the bass synth is so intense. And I keep humming the chorus at work lol. As a big remix junkie I'm anxious to hear what other's come up with but the original has definitely grown on me since the first listen last week.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:20 pm

the albums out, so checking it out....

overall, it's pretty mellow, and not quite as upbeat as the prior one.

anyone else get it..

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby WLR » Sat May 20, 2017 2:25 am

Got the album today and not impressed with the sound quality at all, it isn't clean and sounds a bit muffled, checked the files and they have been brick walled to death, on some tracks Andy Bell sounds like he has got a bad lisp!! The worst tracks for that is the title track and A Bitter Parting.

Don't artists or record companies listen to these before pressing the discs!!!

That said the actual tracks are pretty good, nothing outstanding but in general the tracks are decent.....but the sound quality completely ruins the listening experience.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby negative1 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:04 pm

some of the mixes for 'love you to the sky' are:

2-3 Love You To The Sky (Ladytron Remix) 4:51
2-4 Love You To The Sky (Vince Clarke Remix) 5:15
2-5 Love You To The Sky (Adam Turner Remix) 7:13
2-6 Love You To The Sky (Matt Pop Remix) 7:03
2-7 Love You To The Sky (Loframes Remix) 4:55

some of the mixes aren't too bad, but they all sound the same, especially the chorus, which is still too repetitive for me.

the vince clarke mix is decent, but too short.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Mon May 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Got the album in today's mail. Kinda fun to find my name in the thank you's hehe.

Haven't listened to it entirely yet but I like it so far. The vocal production style is an odd choice. Kinda sounds like the vocals were recorded​ too loud on a cassette tape. Hmmmmm. Will try not to let it spoil the album as a whole because the songs themselves are pretty good. They definitely entered some mildly new territory musically which I am finding intriguing on first listen.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby WLR » Tue May 23, 2017 3:05 am

Fred Taghon wrote:Got the album in today's mail. Kinda fun to find my name in the thank you's hehe.

Haven't listened to it entirely yet but I like it so far. The vocal production style is an odd choice. Kinda sounds like the vocals were recorded​ too loud on a cassette tape. Hmmmmm. Will try not to let it spoil the album as a whole because the songs themselves are pretty good. They definitely entered some mildly new territory musically which I am finding intriguing on first listen.

Spot on Fred, his vocals do sound like they have been recorded on a cassette tape. I actually think the songs are pretty good, but the mastering is diabolical, there is even some distortion on one track near the end, which is unacceptable. If this had been produced and mastered better this would be a really impressive album.

I seriously do wonder who listens to the final masters before CD's are released!
WLR
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations