Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New OMD Album

Re: New OMD Album

Postby WLR » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:08 am

Qbertqubes wrote:Amazing new song & OMD has been sensational on the last few albums...well basically forever & the last album was fantastic.

Agree with you about OMD's last album "English Electric", which I think is their best album.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby eLeMeNOhPeaQ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:46 am

The title track's music video was unveiled today...

eLeMeNOhPeaQ
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:49 am

eLeMeNOhPeaQ wrote:The title track's music video was unveiled today...

That was kickass!!!!!!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:08 am

great..makes me want to also chug a can of "Happy"
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby crichert » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:23 pm

That song was great!! Loved it!! 8)
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby WLR » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:15 am

:D I have to say, this is another brilliant track, hope the rest of the album is as good.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby elevatorman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:13 am

The Punishment of Luxury has been released. Standard OMD with Kraftwerk influence and a few experimental tracks. I'll keep buying as long as they keep putting out music. I've had it on repeat since late last night.
elevatorman
Take On Me

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Shockingly, our local mall's FYE music store here in Michigan had 3 copies in stock today! Just finished my first listen start to finish and am beyond impressed. An absolutely stunning album. Chock full of gorgeous melodies, with plenty of winks to everything that has ever made OMD great over the decades. The sound palette is über elctronic - crisp and clean with many "wow" moments. The legendary Mike Marsh engineered it. I only know this because I was so impressed with it sonically that I had to find out who was twiddling the knobs.

I won't even get into a song by song analysis because there wasn't a single one I didn't care for. From the songwriting to the singing, performing, programming, engineering and even packaging, this is hands down one of, if not THE, best OMD albums. In MY opinion, at least. I absolutely adore it and continue to be grateful that OMD are still a vibrant, active band who continue to raise the bar every time.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Got the cd today. Love it. I can easily spot at least 2 more further singles. At first listen it sounds very similar to the last two albums but with a more pop vibe to it. Heard that Claudia Brucken was doing backing vocals on a couple of tracks. Haven't noticed her voice yet or maybe it was just a rumor.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Gary Russell » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:53 am

omar wrote:Got the cd today. Love it. I can easily spot at least 2 more further singles. At first listen it sounds very similar to the last two albums but with a more pop vibe to it. Heard that Claudia Brucken was doing backing vocals on a couple of tracks. Haven't noticed her voice yet or maybe it was just a rumor.

Could be her on Robot Man...
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby WLR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:20 pm

:D The new OMD album is superb, it takes a few listens but it is a very rewarding listen, aside from the diabolical "Robot Man" (Worst ever OMD track) and "La Mitrailleuse", there are some outstanding tracks, my favourite's are "The Punishment Of Luxury", "Isotype", "As We Open So We Close", "One More Time", "Ghost Star" and "The View From Here". A word also about the production, it's one of the best sounding and futuristic albums I have ever heard.........They still have it :wink:
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby blaaah » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:06 pm

I initially agreed re Robot Man.

But i have spent 5 days singing it... number one globally in an alternate reality!
blaaah
Personal Jesus

Postby kevinkruse26 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:33 am

Shockingly, our native mall's FYE music store here in Michigan had three copies available today! Simply finished my initial listen begin to end and am on the far side affected. A completely gorgeous album. Chock filled with attractive melodies, with many winks to everything that has ever created OMD nice over the decades. The sound palette is über electronic - crisp and clean with several "wow" moments do my coursework. The legendary electro-acoustic transducer Marsh built it. I solely recognize this as a result of I used to be therefore affected with it sonically that I had to seek out United Nations agency was twiddling the knobs.
kevinkruse26
Running Up That Hill

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations