Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Psychedelic Furs - Pretty In Pink double 7"

Re: Psychedelic Furs - Pretty In Pink double 7"

Postby Barmy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:40 pm

I feel strongly that vinyl needs to go away. Enough said.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby ABOATES » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:16 am

"...vinyl needs to go away..."

I think right now is a cool time for music formats...you literally can get just about any format you want: CD, vinyl, downloads, and even streaming is becoming popular. If there are thousands of people who enjoy records, why would you want them to go away? If you don't like them, leave them to others. I prefer CDs and vinyl..I cannot stand downloads of any kind...feels so impersonal, sound quality sucks (even FLAC files don't sound right to me), but if others want them, more power to them. I don't need for them to go away. :-)
As for the Furs single...I won't be buying it, but it's a pretty cool NW artifact for a song that was a crossover hit for them back in the day. IDK Not my bag, but kinda nifty I suppose.
ABOATES
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:01 pm

I want someone to invent a sound delivery system that is better than existing ones. Vinyl has been around forever, CDs, something like 35 years, DL/streaming, whatever (all DL/streaming sounds crap on high-end equipment). Vinyl is sadly retro, and I simply don't understand why a better sound delivery system can't be invented. The very idea of buying a vinyl single is beyond my comprehension. Do you have to change it every 3 minutes or whatever? I am old enough to appreciate when that was cool. It isn't anymore.

Separately I question the need to expend any energy to re-issue PFurs. Honestly when I got an email about this release I was gobsmacked. Who could possibly care about this when there is so much treasure to be reissued?
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Rubellan wrote:
Barmy wrote:This is a pathetic joke. Possibly the worst vinyl anything ever.
Vinyl needs to go away....again.
I mean really, do we not have the technology to reproduce vinyl sound? If not, INVENT IT.
5, 10 or whatever years from now I hope someone can produce a perfect sounding recording. I can wait.
But this release in particular is beyond superfluous.
It is the most compromised PFurs song. Commercialized and crap.
And I'd rather die than own pink vinyl of this tune. Really. GEDDIT? The Song is Pretty in Pink. On PINK vinyl. The title says PINK. So it is on PINK vinyl. Understood?

Do you ever post anything that isn't filled with negativity and hate? In all of the years you've been here it seems the only thing you do is criticize people and/or their interests. Is life really that awful for you? If so, please save it. The release is going to be beautiful, and it's a great tribute to one of the bands' signature tunes. I think the original version is excellent, and cannot wait to see what Del has created regarding the packaging. It's that old phrase that I always see whenever someone bitches about a release: "If you don't like it, don't buy it". Simple as that. Del has spent ages trying to get this release out there and persisted through various snags to bring it out. Hell, the remastering was done about a year ago. But do you think it would have better sales potential if it was a 4 track collection of B sides from obscure singles? OK, you don't like vinyl. That's your right. I don't buy it for anything other than my collection. Just like someone shells out cash for silly baseball cards, I will pay for a deluxe vinyl release if it appeals to me. And the collector's market is there. So good for those who still like vinyl for whatever their reasons are.

Scott

Scott your vinyl transfers are excellent. Don't let the negativity ruin it! I think you should've been involved in any up coming China Crisis/Passions remasters for one. Secondly i look forward to your youtube posts. Please update it as much as possible. And the new version of Pretty In Pink is fabulous. Thankyou!
omar
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations