Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Re: Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Postby Rubellan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:55 am

Surly wrote:Have you contacted Pause And Play to have the releases posted there? I've emailed the guy who runs it a few times over the years to offer corrections or things he's missed and he was always very nice.

The Second Disc is another good site; maybe they'd be open to posting about your releases.

I wasn't familiar with Pause and Play. I took a look and emailed the person running it. He replied quickly with a link to a form for submitting new releases. I filled one out for Trees and will do similar for future releases. Thanks for the suggestion. The Second Disc is one of those sites that never replied to me.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby FanFan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:17 pm

CD received and five-star Amazon review gladly posted!
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby Surly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Rubellan wrote:The Second Disc is one of those sites that never replied to me.

Ugh, sorry, you did post that and I missed it. The only other site I can think of is MusicTAP. There was a UK site I used to visit named This Is Not Retro but I think the guy gave up on it a while ago. Hasn't been updated in about a year.

I'll likely order Trees once your SPK stock is in.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:18 am

Surly wrote:
Rubellan wrote:The Second Disc is one of those sites that never replied to me.

Ugh, sorry, you did post that and I missed it. The only other site I can think of is MusicTAP. There was a UK site I used to visit named This Is Not Retro but I think the guy gave up on it a while ago. Hasn't been updated in about a year.

I'll likely order Trees once your SPK stock is in.

Thanks for the other suggestion. I'll check it out. I didn't want to say anything about SPK or Krisma because of the continuous snafus with those, but I'm told they will be ready to ship next week. If that is true I will have it up for sale next Friday. But no guarantees until I have it in hand.
I've already had talks with Dane Conover of Trees about possibly doing an archival release in the future. He literally has tons of completed songs from the 80's. I've got some of them and there's some amazing material. There's also some early rough mixes of tracks from the album, including a long version of one of the LP tracks he was told to shorten. It will all depend on how business goes in general. I may have a proper distribution deal signed next week, so that will help get the products out there.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Danielwaver » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Scott, are you happy with the response/sale of Sleep Convention so far? Has it met your expectations?
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Danielwaver wrote:Scott, are you happy with the response/sale of Sleep Convention so far? Has it met your expectations?

It's only been a week so it's way too early to tell. I don't offer the pre-order option a couple months in advance so the only ones who knew it was coming were from a few forums. I've sold a couple of boxes full so far but once I get real distribution, that will help get the word out about my releases. Right now it's just a small group of those familiar with my label and the occasional person who happens to randomly type in one of my titles on Amazon, eBay or Discogs. The minimum order for this album was 1500, so it will be some time before I can really gage a serious response.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Qbertqubes » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Killer great cd. Thanks Scott
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:53 am

Qbertqubes wrote:Killer great cd. Thanks Scott

Great, happy you enjoy it. I was on the phone with Dane Conover last night, and he suggests that anyone who has and loves the CD should post a review on Amazon and other such places, as these sites and reviews do influence the buying public. And remember, good sales means another Trees archive release in the future.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Qbertqubes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:06 am

will do. By the way, you should correct the title of track 19. it is incorrect on the back sleeve & in at least one place in the booklet
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:19 am

Qbertqubes wrote:will do. By the way, you should correct the title of track 19. it is incorrect on the back sleeve & in at least one place in the booklet

Yes, very frustrating as neither myself or Dane caught the mis-title until the product was in hand. But we've just laughed about it, he thinks "Don't look her in the eyes" sounds more sinister. But he agrees that the sound was the most important part and he's been extremely positive about the results, and has been getting very positive emails from others regarding it. If the CD ever goes to re-press, the title will be corrected then, as the proper title is "Don't look in her eyes".
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:28 am

hello Scott I go the CD in the post ( real name Martin Aspland) , really like it and the sound quality is great. I am a big new wave / synthpop, electronic fan and have quite an extensive collection of Cd's. this band passed me by so it is also great discovering some new old bands along the way
looking forward to visage
hopefully u can do the Anvil next ( would like the Anvil extended on CD for the first time)
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby jaybag » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi Scott - just ordered the Trees CD as well as the other two of yours I didn't own yet so I will soon own the entire (up to now) Rubellan Remasters catalog. Greatly looking forward to the Visage and Krisma releases as well. I'm all in on anything you put out, even if I'm not particularly fond of the artist. If it's in your hands it will be done right (unlike far too many NW artists' rereleases).

Jay
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:35 am

Thank you all for the support. I'm making sure to ship packages very quickly so no one has to wait very long. I very much appreciate the efforts being made to help my label become successful. It's taken a long time to get this going but now it's happening. I have so many ideas that I'd love to submit immediately for review, but I'm making sure not to entirely break the bank before recoup. I may not be like some labels with handfuls of releases each week, but a handful a year of high quality reissues will be worth the time and effort.

I've got word that Krisma has been manufactured and I should receive it tomorrow. If all looks and sounds good, I will have it up for sale with an official release date of 8/31. I also found that my new REAL distributor already has my titles showing up on a number of other sites. They say a release date of mid-september, which is likely to get everything stocked and in the systems. This may really get stock moving (though remember that purchasing directly from me gets me the biggest return ;-)) But it will likely get the releases into the hands of those who may have not been aware of them. Let's keep this train going...

Thanks again,
Scott
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:59 pm

I received my copies on Saturday (Trees and SPK) - only took 2 days to arrive from Cleveland to LA. I'll be listening to them over the next couple days as I have to fly out of town for work. Packaging is very nice on both.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:33 am

I've received the Trees and SPK disks. Both excellent!
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations