Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Re: Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Postby Qbertqubes » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:31 pm

My main question is "what is the deal with Barmy?" It sounds like he is deep and secretively interested in the reissue of this cd. I know I am interested but the seller needs to let the buyer know it is an illegal bootleg. I will wait for the real thing as I do have the album and is is a great lost gem.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Passing_Stranger » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm

First of all, let me state that Trees created two songs that are among my biggest favourites from the 1980s - "Shock of the New" and especially "Red Car". These two are the works of genius, no less. I'm not as convinced by the rest of the LP and find it to be a matter of mood or setting to like it or just tolerate. But I wholeheartedly support the idea of it being on CD after all this time.

Which brings me to this topic. I just recently got off a friend the CD that Rubellan managed to get banned on Discogs. He then wrote this:

"a third party corresponded with the "label" and was given a track to review the quality. He passed the wave file on to me and it was dire. There was a very heavy handed use of noise reduction that left very negative artifacts in the quiet areas, there was still audible and visible clicks and pops, and a very sharp fade was added to the end and cut off a full 8 seconds"

Well, I'm holding the CD in question in my hands now and after listening to it let me state that Scott's description is misleading to say the least. I'm not sure now what source he listened to (if at all), as this CD by Perspekt/F in reality sounds just like a great remaster should. I state that, as I for years have had a straight-off-the-vinyl rip (in flac) - and it's what sounds dire and dull with still audible clicks and pops. Perspekt/F CD in back-to-back comparison sounds great - very clear, reasonably loud while not at all compressed, with great sound balance and no vinyl artefacts in sight (sound). Vocals even seem to be highlighted, I feel (that may only be my impression, though), with all nuances audible. "Red Car" is striking, I'll say that how I always wanted to hear this gem of a song!

Which brings me to the situation regarding banning. One thing is when the project is on the go - you justly eliminate competition to prevent them stealing your thunder. In Scott's case, however, the project is only suggested to the powers that be - with no guarantee whatsoever of any kind of success (as past efforts show). That's what makes Scott's actions highly questionable. Yes, I read that it was with the artists's blessing - but what if Scott's project won't succeed? Is no Trees on CD (factory-pressed high quality CD, by the way, just like the good old days!) really preferable?

In short, I suggest anyone interested in this album to search for the CD in question on other platforms. It's not in high numbers, it looks and sounds great, it will make a collector's item easily - and it won't derail Scott's project as, once it comes to fruition, will have much more to offer and really is a different thing altogether.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Danielwaver » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Scott, so it appears you haven't heard from the label and won't for the foreseeable future. I'll come back here in 2 months to repeat what I said. In the meantime my re-issue CD is in the mail as we speak...
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:37 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 am

I'd like to know the exact reason for such a behaviour. They can't be arsed? They are wary of something? They have no masters and don't want to admit it? They want money upfront? Can't comprehend it. Why hold back any reissue, what is the reasoning? It's not like it's going to do any harm... I'm so confused.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Last edited by Rubellan on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Very interesting read, Scott! Thank you for the update. Best of luck to you!! Really looking forward to supporting your releases whenever they come out!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Danielwaver » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47 pm

So Scott, how is this project coming along? Do you still think it was a right move to block the unofficial CD when you had nothing confirmed? I will come back to this in a few months and I'm confident you have no updates.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 pm

He didn't block it. I have it and it is easily findable. I won't be buying it again.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Last edited by Rubellan on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby swerve » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Hello Scott,

Although you don't want to sour on any progress with anything that may become a reality with what you have currently in place sometimes you have to go to the top in a corporation and let it trickle down.

If you were to clearly articulate to the CEO's of each of these large corporations ( the trickle down effect - although not very nice for certain individuals at some levels ) sends a message that business can't be conducted in this manner no matter who you are, big or small.

I would hope a CEO has worked their way up through the ranks and can put themselves in your shoes and finds it unacceptable so behaviours can be corrected. It sounds like it's a matter of common courtesy to respond or even outline for you a timeline that although it can shift sets up expectations as to how things will flow, that way if a certain amount of time has expired then it's okay for you to follow up at certain points and receive an update promptly.

I would be curious as to what a day in the life of is for those you are in touch with and the other employees in departments that are dealing with your requests as well. The worst thing would be these companies stretched so thin these days that they really are too busy to deal with everyone in a professional manner which then requires a CEO / Board of Directors to reassess their workforce. If it's not enough people then from the outset they need to say sorry but we just don't have the resources available to help you out.

From the sounds of it unless you're going to pay for a guarantee of huge quantities it's not worth their time and they need to inform those like you of this from the outset or if they are willing to work with anyone let people know this is going to take a very long time and not string you along.

As I said in one of the first posts I made responding to the news you were going to start on this journey it is a very slow process and that was over 25 years ago when I'm sure they had more bodies when times were better at the labels.

Take it to the top.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Last edited by Rubellan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Less wordy please. Haven't read most of this dumbass thread. Tx.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:27 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:49 am

Barmy wrote:Less wordy please. Haven't read most of this dumbass thread. Tx.

Then why bother coming to this thread? You got your bootleg copy and are happy with it, so why are you here?
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations