Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Re: Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:51 pm

I got my CD in the mail today. What a nice package!!! I love it! Now this is how a reissue is done! Congratulations, Scott, on an amazing job! Sound quality is excellent! I must admit that I had never heard of Trees prior to this topic. This is an incredible album. I haven't made my way through the entire album and bonus tracks (as I type this), but I just want to thank you, Scott, for an amazing reissue! Totally looking forward to more of your releases.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby discoginfo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Will this CD be available to order from Amazon UK, via sellers in Europe? (To avoid customs etc).
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Bellenger1981 wrote:I got my CD in the mail today. What a nice package!!! I love it! Now this is how a reissue is done! Congratulations, Scott, on an amazing job! Sound quality is excellent! I must admit that I had never heard of Trees prior to this topic. This is an incredible album. I haven't made my way through the entire album and bonus tracks (as I type this), but I just want to thank you, Scott, for an amazing reissue! Totally looking forward to more of your releases.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. And thank you even more for your expanded Amazon review! This is the kind of thing a fledgling label needs, so I very much appreciate it. Dane Conover was also very appreciative of your review as well. I'm happy you really enjoyed the CD. And others who also haven't heard the album really should take a chance. Heck, that's I how I discovered it 18 years ago, after reading a very positive review of the album in a Trouser Press Record Guide. Sometimes, it pays to turn over a rock or two and see what's underneath.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm

discoginfo wrote:Will this CD be available to order from Amazon UK, via sellers in Europe? (To avoid customs etc).

Doubtful at this point. But keep in mind that it costs the same price to ship 1 or 2 CD's overseas. The shipping cost increases at 3 CD's, or more than 8 ounces.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Rubellan wrote:
Bellenger1981 wrote:I got my CD in the mail today. What a nice package!!! I love it! Now this is how a reissue is done! Congratulations, Scott, on an amazing job! Sound quality is excellent! I must admit that I had never heard of Trees prior to this topic. This is an incredible album. I haven't made my way through the entire album and bonus tracks (as I type this), but I just want to thank you, Scott, for an amazing reissue! Totally looking forward to more of your releases.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. And thank you even more for your expanded Amazon review! This is the kind of thing a fledgling label needs, so I very much appreciate it. Dane Conover was also very appreciative of your review as well. I'm happy you really enjoyed the CD. And others who also haven't heard the album really should take a chance. Heck, that's I how I discovered it 18 years ago, after reading a very positive review of the album in a Trouser Press Record Guide. Sometimes, it pays to turn over a rock or two and see what's underneath.

You are more than welcome! I was happy to help by writing a positive Amazon review. I admire someone who is passionate about reissuing music the right way, especially with care regarding sound quality and the effort involved in making sure everything comes together correctly. Your reissue shows how important it is to have a "fan" of music tackling these reissues. In today's market, music just doesn't sell what it used to, unfortunately, and I think that gives labels even more reasons to do slipshod work. I love collecting CD's still, so I try doing my best in helping out whenever I can with reissues that are done the right way. I really want your label to succeed so that you can continue putting out high quality reissues. (Looking forward to the Visage release!) Any chance that sites like The Second Disc or Super Deluxe Edition will review your reissues?

I just posted your release on IMWAN: http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=17

I'm not on Facebook, but are you on Twitter? If so, I would love to share and post your stuff there.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Danielwaver » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Scott, on your Discogs entry, how do you feel like adding New Wave to the style in addition to synth-pop? I think this album is a true example of what new wave music was about.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 am

Would have been nice to be able to buy this in the UK but anything over £15 we get hammered with customs fees and i can only imagine the forthcoming Visage remaster you are releasing will be the same.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:25 am

moni wrote:Would have been nice to be able to buy this in the UK but anything over £15 we get hammered with customs fees and i can only imagine the forthcoming Visage remaster you are releasing will be the same.

On the customs form, I often claim the cost of the product more in line what I paid for it (meaning under $10). I understand, that saves people from having to deal with much in the way of additional fees. However, if purchased on Amazon, they fill out the customs form based on the price you paid. So it's best if purchases are made directly so the customs form can be manually entered.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:27 am

Danielwaver wrote:Scott, on your Discogs entry, how do you feel like adding New Wave to the style in addition to synth-pop? I think this album is a true example of what new wave music was about.

Hmm, I thought I did. I will take a look because I completely agree with you.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:33 am

Bellenger1981 wrote:Any chance that sites like The Second Disc or Super Deluxe Edition will review your reissues?
I just posted your release on IMWAN: http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=17
I'm not on Facebook, but are you on Twitter? If so, I would love to share and post your stuff there.

I've emailed SDE, The Second Disc and Slicing Up Eyeballs to see if any would consider mentioning my label. The only one who had the courtesy to respond was Eyeballs and he said he wanted to be added to my mailing list, perhaps to post in the future about a title he is interested in. But the other two couldn't be bothered, apparently. In fact, I posted a question to Paul Sinclair of SDE on his Contact page, and not only did he not post the question, he blocked me from further posting. That guy has always come off as a bit arrogant and power tripping, but this was downright tacky and rude. I emailed him back when I was doing the Altered Images LP reissues to see if perhaps he would post something. Again, no response.

I'm not familiar with IMWAN, but thank you. I did create a Twitter page but I've not done anything with it yet. I've never used Twitter and I'm debating if it would be beneficial.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby swerve » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello Scott,

Not sure if you received my message via your website concerning making sure "Classic Pop" magazine gets a copy to review.

Perhaps you have already sent them one.

Thanks, Dave
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:01 pm

CD received!!!
Last edited by Sean on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:10 am

swerve wrote:Hello Scott,

Not sure if you received my message via your website concerning making sure "Classic Pop" magazine gets a copy to review.

Perhaps you have already sent them one.

Thanks, Dave

I was just looking at that email again yesterday. Since the magazine is out in the UK, I think I may wait until I have my Visage title available to send them. On that note, I received the master transfers last week and have been working on the remastering since. I think that project will be available in the next couple of months.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:55 am

Rubellan wrote:
Bellenger1981 wrote:Any chance that sites like The Second Disc or Super Deluxe Edition will review your reissues?

I've emailed SDE, The Second Disc and Slicing Up Eyeballs to see if any would consider mentioning my label. The only one who had the courtesy to respond was Eyeballs and he said he wanted to be added to my mailing list, perhaps to post in the future about a title he is interested in. But the other two couldn't be bothered, apparently. In fact, I posted a question to Paul Sinclair of SDE on his Contact page, and not only did he not post the question, he blocked me from further posting. That guy has always come off as a bit arrogant and power tripping, but this was downright tacky and rude. I emailed him back when I was doing the Altered Images LP reissues to see if perhaps he would post something. Again, no response.

I'm not familiar with IMWAN, but thank you. I did create a Twitter page but I've not done anything with it yet. I've never used Twitter and I'm debating if it would be beneficial.

Shame about SDE, but I agree. No response is simply disrespectful. Since these sites cannot seem to be bothered, hopefully your releases get around by word of mouth. Not sure if Twitter would be beneficial or not. Your Facebook page is probably good enough. After all, I can always tweet out links to your releases, not that I have a big following. Some exposure is better than none.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Surly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:18 am

Have you contacted Pause And Play to have the releases posted there? I've emailed the guy who runs it a few times over the years to offer corrections or things he's missed and he was always very nice.

The Second Disc is another good site; maybe they'd be open to posting about your releases.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations