Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New albums, reissues & compilations to watch in 2018

New albums, reissues & compilations to watch in 2018

Postby Sensoria » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:26 pm

As 2017 came to its end, let's take a look forward in the New 2018 and see what new albums, reissues and compilations by our favourite '80s artists are expecting us there.
I've made this release schedule calendar based on the news published so far. I'll update it as soon as some new info comes along. So...

2018 CALENDAR:
JANUARY
19th
Book Of Love "The Sire Years 1985-1993" (New Compilation) - added Jan 6 2018

26th
Martika "Martika’s Kitchen" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Jan 6 2018
Propaganda "A Secret Wish" (Reissue) - added Jan 6 2018

FEBRUARY
2nd
Tony Banks "Five" (New Album) - added Jan 6 2018
Roxy Music "Roxy Music" (Deluxe Box-Set) - added Jan 6 2018
Simple Minds "Walk Between Worlds" (New Album) - added Oct 20 2016

9th
The Monochrome Set "1979 - 1985: Complete Recordings" (Box-Set) - added Jan 6 2018

23rd
Altered Images "The Epic Years" (Box-Set) - added Jan 6 2018
Felt "Crumbling The Antiseptic Beauty" (Box-Set) - added Jan 6 2018
Felt "The Splendour Of Fear" (Box-Set) - added Jan 6 2018
Felt "The Strange Idols Pattern And Other Short Stories" (Box-Set) - added Jan 6 2018
Felt "Ignite The Seven Cannons" (Box-Set) - added Jan 6 2018
Felt "The Seventeenth Century" (Box-Set) - added Jan 6 2018

MARCH
2nd
Pet Shop Boys "Please" (New Deluxe Reissue) - added Jan 6 2018
Pet Shop Boys "Actually" (New Deluxe Reissue) - added Jan 6 2018
Pet Shop Boys "Introspective" (New Deluxe Reissue) - added Jan 6 2018

9th
Ministry "AmeriKKKant" (New Album) - added Jan 6 2018

16th
Kim Wilde "Here Come The Aliens" (New Album) - added Jan 6 2018

APRIL
30th
Lisa Stansfield "Deeper" (New Album) - added Jan 6 2018

MAY
18th
Echo & The Bunnymen "The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon" (New Album) - added Jan 6 2018

JUNE

JULY

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER

ALSO COMING OUT IN 2018
Adam Ant "Bravest Of The Brave" (New Album)
Tom Bailey "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 5 2016
Bananarama "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 5 2016
Black Grape "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 5 2016
David Byrne "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 27 2017
Culture Club "Tribes" (New Album) - added Jan 23 2016
The Durutti Column "Domo Arigato" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Feb 12 2017
Fashion "Fabrique" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Jan 24 2017
Agnetha Fältskog "I Stand Alone" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Jan 24 2017
Fleetwood Mac "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 5 2016
Samantha Fox „TBA“ (New Album)
Happy Mondays "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 5 2016
Heaven 17 "TBA" (New Album) - added Feb 18 2017
Heaven 17 "How Men Are" (Deluxe Reissue) - *put on hold
Whitney Houston "Whitney" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Oct 19 2016
Howard Jones "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 5 2016
Hubert Kah "TBA" (Box-Set) - added Jan 2 2016
Level 42 "Sirens II" (New Album) - added Jan 5 2016
Miami Sound Machine "Primitive Love" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Jul 1 2016 - *put on hold
Kylie Minogue "TBA" (New Album) - added Mar 6 2017
Kylie Minogue "Kylie Minogue" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Jul 1 2016
Roxy Music „For Your Pleasure“ (Deluxe Box-Set)
Robin Scott "Wilderness" (New Album) - added Jan 24 2017
Siouxsie & The Banshees "EverAfter - The Complete Singles & Videos" (New Compilation) - added Jan 23 2016
Siouxsie & The Banshees "JuJu" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Jan 23 2016
Slow Children "TBA" (New Album) - added Dec 27 2015
Tears For Fears "TBA" (New Album) - added Dec 19 2015
Test Dept. "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 27 2017
The The "TBA" (New Album)
Theatre Of Hate "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 27 2017
Then Jerico "TBA" (New Album) - added Jan 5 2016
Kim Wilde „TBA“ (Video Collection DVD)
Zee "Identity" (Deluxe Reissue) - added Jan 24 2016
Sensoria
The Jet Set

Re: New albums, reissues & compilations to watch in 2018

Postby Thefxc2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:59 pm

A couple of adds:

For February 23: A Certain Ratio, I'd Like To See You Again, Good Together, and acr:mcr (reissues)

No date: Alien Sex Fiend, Possessed (New Album); Wire Train, In A Chamber (Reissue); Hula, Murmur (reissue)
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby humanracer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Another Kim Wilde DVD? I already have about four.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:08 am

The Robin Scott album came out last year, renamed Emotional DNA. It was digital only, sadly.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Willbfree » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm surprised to see Berlin's 3 albums have been reissued, with a few bonus tracks on Love Life. (Pleasure Victim has the same bonus track as on the Geffen CD so that doesn't count).
https://80swave.com/shop?olsPage=products
But the website is registered anonymously, and there has been no press about this - so be cautious.

Found this, about 721 Entertainment, which has the same content as 80swave:
"The company has 1 principal on record. The principal is Michael Phelan from North Hollywood CA".
Anyone know him/heard of him, in the reissue community? That business listing could be an unrelated company with the same name, of course, so don't necessarily blame "Michael Phelan" if it is a scam.
Last edited by Willbfree on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willbfree
Take On Me

Postby omar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Are we talking another Gold Legion type experience ? I cannot find trace of the Berlin or the Wang Chung cds anywhere else. I guess approach with caution!
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Neil Kelly » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Human Racer... You have a total of NONE when it comes to Kim Wilde official DVD's. There aren't any so you're talking shite!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Neil Kelly » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Kylie's album has been named and dated by now. Black Grape's album came out about 5 months ago so this obviously needs deleting. Pretty good too BTW!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby audiodile » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Hey all. Placed an order with 80swave.com about 2 weeks ago for both Wang Chung CDs. Got the initial confirmation email from them but then nothing at all for over 2 weeks.

Called the phone number in their email, it went to a woman who owns a completely different business and she said it's the second call she's gotten about them. I guess I should have been more cautious but it was a relatively small amount of money and I was hopeful it was legit since it seemed like an odd way to go about scamming money when you're only offering 5 CD reissues.

In the process of disputing with my bank now, but wanted to say don't order from these guys. Will update if something changes.

Willbfree wrote:I'm surprised to see Berlin's 3 albums have been reissued, with a few bonus tracks on Love Life. (Pleasure Victim has the same bonus track as on the Geffen CD so that doesn't count).
But the website is registered anonymously, and there has been no press about this - so be cautious.

"The company has 1 principal on record. The principal is Michael Phelan from North Hollywood CA".
Anyone know him/heard of him, in the reissue community? That business listing could be an unrelated company with the same name, of course, so don't necessarily blame "Michael Phelan" if it is a scam.
audiodile
Take On Me

Postby moni » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:50 am

Thanks for the info audiodile just glad i didn't order anything from that site as i thought it looked dodgy.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 am

audiodile wrote:Hey all. Placed an order with 80swave.com about 2 weeks ago for both Wang Chung CDs. Got the initial confirmation email from them but then nothing at all for over 2 weeks.

Called the phone number in their email, it went to a woman who owns a completely different business and she said it's the second call she's gotten about them. I guess I should have been more cautious but it was a relatively small amount of money and I was hopeful it was legit since it seemed like an odd way to go about scamming money when you're only offering 5 CD reissues.

In the process of disputing with my bank now, but wanted to say don't order from these guys. Will update if something changes.

Willbfree wrote:I'm surprised to see Berlin's 3 albums have been reissued, with a few bonus tracks on Love Life. (Pleasure Victim has the same bonus track as on the Geffen CD so that doesn't count).

Someone posted on the Hoffman forum that a couple of weeks ago they got a response from that label claiming the releases are delayed because they found some unreleased material they are going to try to include. Who knows if that's truthful but here's the page with the info:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/b ... 642/page-5
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby PMG4 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Rubellan wrote:
audiodile wrote:Hey all. Placed an order with 80swave.com about 2 weeks ago for both Wang Chung CDs. Got the initial confirmation email from them but then nothing at all for over 2 weeks.

Someone posted on the Hoffman forum that a couple of weeks ago they got a response from that label claiming the releases are delayed because they found some unreleased material they are going to try to include. Who knows if that's truthful but here's the page with the info:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/b ... 642/page-5

Just to add to this. I asked if these CDs were available in the UK, or would ship to the UK. They told me they were held back because they had found more tracks. I enquired a little further and this was their response -

Yes, all 100% Geffen owned master tapes will be used. This is how we found some of this new bonus material. In searching for master tapes of the already cleared material, some tapes contained unreleased mixes or unknown tracks. So we've gone back in hopes these get cleared.
PMG4
Running Up That Hill

Postby moni » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 am

You don't go to the bother of putting these reissues up for preorder for a couple of months then at the last minute decide to postpone them to add stuff to them. Sounds very dodgy indeed and out of curiosity i added one to my basket to see how much the postage would be and they are asking nearly £10 to the UK so that means import taxes screw that.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:39 am

moni wrote:You don't go to the bother of putting these reissues up for preorder for a couple of months then at the last minute decide to postpone them to add stuff to them. Sounds very dodgy indeed and out of curiosity i added one to my basket to see how much the postage would be and they are asking nearly £10 to the UK so that means import taxes screw that.

I have to say that kind of sounds right. The U.S. shipping overseas has continued to go through the roof in recent years. I was doing calculations on the cost of sending a CD overseas and it seems the typical shipping cost for USPS to various countries for 1 CD is $14. For 2 CD's, depending on weight, would be $23.50. This is where requesting to have the CD sent without the jewel case (only the CD and inserts) for 2 or more items would save money.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby audiodile » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:45 pm

RE: 80's Wave

I postponed my dispute after they said they were waiting on additional material and that it would be "a week more at most".

Email them 2 days ago to ask for an update, specifically what material they were trying to clear, as well as a valid customer service number. No response. Restarted dispute.

Bummer, would have loved a proper Wang Chung reissue with mixes. Even if this company is somehow legit, they don't understand how to run a business at all. I can't imagine that there were so many orders that someone couldn't have responded to me with information and a valid phone number.

Avoid.
audiodile
Take On Me

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations