Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Scritti Politti reissues

Re: Scritti Politti reissues

Postby omar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 am

Any more info on the reissues? Haven't seen a listing yet on Amazon or anyplace yet.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby xymox970 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am

As much as I really adore Cupid & Psyche, I would love to see Faithless 12" - with 10 min. extended versions (vocal / instrumental) of both sides included - finally on CD as well......
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby CRM » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:40 am

I wonder if Cupid will included the demo of Wood Beez that's knocking around...
CRM
Switchin' to Glide

Postby magnum » Mon May 14, 2018 6:23 am

lets hope for some rare unreleased stuff such as demo's etc
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby BigManRestless » Tue May 15, 2018 1:21 am

omar wrote:Any more info on the reissues? Haven't seen a listing yet on Amazon or anyplace yet.

There’s an interview with Green in latest issue of Classic Pop magazine, it just says there will be standard vinyl reissues followed by expanded CDs. As I understand it, the reissues are only covering the Virgin albums so Songs To Remember is out of scope. It’ll be Cupid & Psyche ’85, Provision and Anomie And Bonhomie.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Tue May 15, 2018 3:28 am

Virgin have the rights to Songs To Remember as it says on the remaster from 2001 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Virgin Records Ltd.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby BigManRestless » Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 am

Yes I know, but it originally came out on Rough Trade. These new reissues are also under Rough Trade, so why Songs To Remember isn't included I don't know.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Thu May 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Someone told me there is a different mix of Perfect Way on the US CD so I checked it out. I also checked two compilations: Living in Oblivion and Just Can't Get Enough. The mix to my ears sounds awful, the section before the chorus (apart from everyone,,,) sounds like it has a missing channel. The kind of noise you get when your headphones go faulty. It this an error or is the mix supposed to be this gimmicky. I think I prefer the version found on the standard CD.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Thu May 17, 2018 2:38 pm

The mix of Perfect Way on the cassette was different as well which was one of the first things i noticed when i bought it on CD. I managed to download the US version of Cupid just to hear the remixed version of Lover to Fall but i struggled to hear any difference.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Sat May 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Being from the USA, the "remixed" versions of "Perfect Way" and "Lover To Fall" are the versions I first heard and have been most familiar with until about 2yrs ago when I read there were different UK versions. I tracked them down, and while I like them fine, I still prefer the production of the USA mixes. The UK versions sound lackluster and kind of muffled to me - but then again, maybe the USA mixes are just over-produced lol. Just my personal opinion.

I hope C&P85 reissue includes the full-length Way Perfect mix from the USA 12" Promo (7:20). Someone actually mailed me their copy years ago so I could digitize it for them. It was in pristine condition and was a pretty easy transfer, and I ended up just falling in love with that mix. The USA 12" of "Boom! There She Was" also includes a longer Sonic Property Mix (8:49) than the USA Promo CDS and UK CDS. It's one of my favorite Scritti Politti songs so naturally, the longer the mix, the more likely it is to be my preferred favorite version hehe. So I'm hoping that mix will be included on the Provision reissue as well.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby ZippY » Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 pm

I like to know if there's some more news about these reissues. Something that makes all this obvious.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby rewind » Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 am

Fred Taghon wrote:I hope C&P85 reissue includes the full-length Way Perfect mix from the USA 12" Promo (7:20). Someone actually mailed me their copy years ago so I could digitize it for them. It was in pristine condition and was a pretty easy transfer, and I ended up just falling in love with that mix.

DJ Paul T's got the goods...

http://burningtheground.net/2012/03/scr ... -12-promo/
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby CRM » Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pm

moni wrote:The mix of Perfect Way on the cassette was different as well which was one of the first things i noticed when i bought it on CD. I managed to download the US version of Cupid just to hear the remixed version of Lover to Fall but i struggled to hear any difference.

Indeed, hardly a radical remix. Pretty sure it's just there being a different snare in the remixed version.

That mix of Perfect Way on the US CD is so much louder than the rest of the album.
CRM
Switchin' to Glide

Postby BigManRestless » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:09 am

There's an interview with Green in the latest issue of Classic Pop. He's asked about deluxe reissues of the Scritti Politti albums and he says he's "undecided" about whether or not it is a good idea. Mentioning "things were unreleased [at the time] for a reason". Hopefully he can be persuaded otherwise.

It does mention a reissue of Cupid & Psyche 85 to tie in with the tour later this year, but surely just a single disc reissue/remaster with no bonus material would be a hugely wasted opportunity.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:35 pm

I messaged him on Facebook and got a reply the next day from one of his assistants saying that everything has been remastered and will be reissued by Rough Trade. No release dates yet but maybe with the tour coming who knows. It seems strange why they'd hold back for any reason.
omar
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations