Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Red Box taking orders for new album 'Chase the Setting Sun'

Red Box taking orders for new album 'Chase the Setting Sun'

Postby drivel » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 am

Red Box's fourth album "Chase the Setting Sun" is available to pre-order on CD (signed and unsigned copies) from their own website http://www.redboxmusic.co.uk

The band appear to have now finished mixing the album (not sure about mastering) so hopefully it will appear soon, and have stated that "Those who have pre-ordered the CD will receive their copy before the official release...".

Red Box say they are also touring this year, and this most probably will also include Poland (as I'm not sure of the details but they somehow became linked with the events leading up to the revolution in 1989, and remain quite popular there to this day).
drivel
Take On Me

Re: Red Box taking orders for new album 'Chase the Setting S

Postby Qbertqubes » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am

ordered - today..thanks
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Barmy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:10 am

Although I generally think that 80s bands should leave bygones be bygones, I bought this.

I wish NWOutpost had more topics like this. It is highly unlikely I would have heard about this elsewhere. THANK YOU!
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Qbertqubes » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 am

since there is garbage on the radio in the USA, anything that the 80's bands release is a blessing & they should never stop doing what they love & are obviously good at. I disagree that bands like Duran Duran, Simple Minds etc should stop because the era that they started out in, is no loner around...why?
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Barmy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am

TOTALLY disagree. There are a ton of 80s reissues out, some by factory pressed bootleg which I won't of course identify, others by bands or minor labels.

This increasingly irrelevant website doesn't even begin to cover older material that's being released.

And the members of 80s bands are what, like 60 years old now? Most are just repeating whatever they did a gazillion years ago. STOP. Stay retired.

Duran have done nothing worth buying for decades. Simple Minds have tried going back to their old less bombastic approach. And failed.

P.S. what is this radio you speak of.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby drivel » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:23 am

Recent update on Red Box's Facebook page:

"Hello everyone. We're just going through the processes of arranging distribution, etc for 'Chase the Setting Sun'. It's all in the pipeline and we can't wait for you to hear it and to start playing for you all. The pre-ordered CDs will be sent to you as soon as we have copies ourselves. Huge thanks for your patience - much appreciated. RBx"
drivel
Take On Me

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations