Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

BOW WOW WOW - YOUR BOX SET PET ~ THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS

Re: BOW WOW WOW - YOUR BOX SET PET ~ THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS

Postby Aevion93 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 pm

omar wrote:I always liked it when artists such as the Pet Shop Boys and Frankie Goes To Hollywood would release 7” mixes to make them all the more appealing.

PSB had some of the best 7" mixes/single versions I've ever heard. For me the 7" versions (as they themselves still refer to them as) only started going downhill in the x2 era.
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby Willbfree » Mon May 28, 2018 6:45 pm

Amazon has it in stock, and one review up so far. Anyone have it yet?
Willbfree
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:58 pm

I just got this and I can confirm that it is loaded with shoddy vinyl rips throughout the bonus material. They didn't make any attempt at obtaining masters for the previously unavailable on CD material. I will be writing my detailed scathing Amazon review later tonight.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Willbfree » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Rubellan wrote:I just got this and I can confirm that it is loaded with shoddy vinyl rips throughout the bonus material. They didn't make any attempt at obtaining masters for the previously unavailable on CD material. I will be writing my detailed scathing Amazon review later tonight.

Thank you!

I'd wanted your version of course. I may have to pick this up anyway, only because my collection of Bow Wow Wow is kind of haphazard and I'm not sure which of the previous releases (that may or may not be available anymore) are any good.
Willbfree
Take On Me

Postby mgidaho » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Wow. Ouch. I was considering this, but I’ll also look for your review.
mgidaho
Switchin' to Glide

Postby omar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 pm

I ordered mine a week ago.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:40 pm

This is a label that releases 40+ CDs a MONTH. The constant complaints about quality are rather tiresome. We KNOW this label doesn't care. Quality is NOT their operating approach. They define quantity over quality. You can complain about it until the cows come home. IT WON'T MATTER. The only instance of CR corrective action I know about was Beloise Some (sp), an act no one cares about anyway.

Upshot: don't buy until the quality reviews are posted. It's not that hard.

Personally, I like some of their boxset compilations. These often include unknown bands and vinyl rips are fine. Good BWW CDS have already been released. Don't need more.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:16 am

Rubellan wrote:I just got this and I can confirm that it is loaded with shoddy vinyl rips throughout the bonus material. They didn't make any attempt at obtaining masters for the previously unavailable on CD material. I will be writing my detailed scathing Amazon review later tonight.

I'm still waiting on mine. BTW Scott since this is messed up are you going to go ahead with your Bow wow wow release at some point after all?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:36 am

omar wrote:

I'm still waiting on mine. BTW Scott since this is messed up are you going to go ahead with your Bow wow wow release at some point after all?

Unfortunately not. As much as I would have loved to do BWW, as well as Altered Images, I do have to accept that with as many different editions there are of those CD's, regardless of quality, the market is saturated. Because of how CR handled the BWW box, I admit I am no longer going to go near the King 2 CD set coming out next week. I am confident anything new to CD will be from vinyl.
Last edited by Rubellan on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Willbfree » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:36 pm

To ensure Cherry Red didn't get any $ from me for their shoddy work, I went the ebay route just now.
Willbfree
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Willbfree wrote:To ensure Cherry Red didn't get any $ from me for their shoddy work, I went the ebay route just now.

If you just bought the one for $22 postage paid, that was my copy. I'll be happy to have it out of the house. The shoddy Altered Images box sold earlier today. No more Cherry Red for me.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Willbfree » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:54 pm

That was me. :)))
Willbfree
Take On Me

Postby omar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:51 pm

It amazes me the CR has put out and continues to put out some stellar stuff in the r&b and other genres . Why do they keep on screwing up on their 80s new wave stuff so much?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 am

Amazon's U.S. site has pulled down two reviews for this set. One was mine but another was a simple review from someone just confirming it didn't sound very good. So basically, they are now censoring reviews to prevent people saying they didn't care for the quality of a product, whether it's a detailed or casual review. My review had 11 helpful votes and two positive comments before they yanked it. I hope enough people were able to see it before blindly buying this set thinking they were getting a high quality "remaster". I can only assume that CR is making a last gasp by returning to these poor quality vinyl transfers because there's only so many titles you can release and re-release in a world where physical product is waning, especially when they are trying to pump out 40 titles a month. The only reason CR (somewhat) changed their shortcut practices years ago was because of all the negative complaints and reviews that were being posted about the various product issues. Now I guess it's just easier to block truthful reviews than obtain proper source material.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby retromusic » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:31 am

Hi Scott.
Your excellent review is showing on Amazon.co.uk, but not on Amazon.com, which is strange. You'll be pleased to know that it has already received 10 helpful votes (including mine).
retromusic
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations