Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Virgin Dance ‎"Against The Tide" on CD

Virgin Dance ‎"Against The Tide" on CD

Postby fanwave » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 am

Jubilation! Tenterra records (Philippines) issuing remastered edition Virgin Dance, this compilation never been issued on CD before.
Tracklist:
01 Are You Ready (For That Feeling)? 4:36
02 Rainy Days 3:53
03 Make Love 4:46
04 The Dream Is Over (We Can Make It) (Megamix) 6:08
05 Against The Tide 3:57
06 Desire 6:00
07 Night Call 3:17
08 No Disguise 6:07
09 Farewell Claire 3:18
10 The Dream Is Over (We Can Make It) 4:46
https://www.discogs.com/Virgin-Dance-Ag ... e/11378897
fanwave
Take On Me

Re: Virgin Dance ‎"Against The Tide" on CD

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:57 am

Only had a cassette rip of this one before the CD. It's in fact not an album per se but a compilation of A- and B-sides of this Liverpool band's singles from 1983-85. Very broad sound palette they've had and drew from various influences. Pop-rock, synths, U2-like guitars and vocals, even some acoustic stuff - and yet a somehow cohesive material which is surprisingly pleasant to listen to. Didn't like them the first time - but with this reissue the sound is incrediby better and the songs can be heard in all their glory. Really, only "Farewell Claire" is somewhat off, all the others are very good! Add a professional package (factory-pressed CD and a great booklet) and this reissue is certainly a winner. For all fans of good New Wave that strove for fine balance between commercial aspirations and artistry, intelligent pop sound and fine tunes!

The only thing this CD misses is the B-side of VD's very first single - but that wasn't included the first time and that original pressing may be just too expensive or elusive. But the completist in me grumbles a bit :)
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Qbertqubes » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Looks like the album to me but wish it has b side " facts" and alternAte versions. Missed opportunity
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Awesome album!!!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations