Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby Rubellan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:08 am

I figured I will continue to post info as it becomes available for those interested. I will use this thread to announce any upcoming release. The next two confirmed releases are licensed from Warner Music Group and will hopefully be available in the next couple of months:

"Moving away from the industrial noise they were originally associated with, SPK became a highly melodic electronic duo for their album ‘Machine Age Voodoo’. Still retaining subtle elements of the industrial sound, SPK music was danceable yet delicate, melodic and at time ethereal. With a backing track provided by future film composer Graeme Revell and vocals provided by Sinan, ‘Machine Age Voodoo’ became a classic at a time when New Wave was transitioning into a more danceable Alternative Rock. Officially licensed from Warner Music Group and dynamically mastered from original master tapes, the album has never sounded better. This brand new edition also contains 6 bonus tracks never previously released on CD, including the original 1983 recording of ‘Metal Dance’, the track ‘Thin Ice’, which was previously unavailable in the U.S., and several rare remixes and extended versions."

"By the time of this 1983 release, Italian electronic duo Krisma had already made a name for themselves in Europe with a string of experimental albums (the first two under the name Chrisma) and a number of well received singles. Consisting of married couple Christina Moser and Maurizio Arcieri, Krisma released their first full length U.S. release titled ‘Fido’, which includes the early MTV classic ‘Nothing To Do With The Dog’. The album has been officially licensed from Warner Music Group and has been dynamically mastered from original master tapes for this first ever CD release. The original 10 track album is now bolstered by numerous bonus tracks, including several songs from their 1982 import album ‘Clandestine Anticipation’, which were released as singles in the U.S., as well as a special 1983 re-recording of their 1980 European hit ‘Many Kisses’."

Last edited by Rubellan on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: Coming soon from Rubellan Remasters

Postby Thefxc2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am

Oh wow that SPK looks awesome; it's one of my favorite records...but now I need to cash out my Wounded Bird CD while the resale price is still high.

Out of curiosity–not a complaint but genuinely curious–I assume the Warner Licence does not cover 'Will To Power', the 'Metal Dance' B-side?

Also out of curiosity: did Graeme Revell need to sign off on this? For whatever reason I always had the impression that he kind of disowned this era after he became a major soundtrack guy.

Looking forward to these!
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:37 am

I would have LOVED to include 'Will To Power', it's a great song. But it was never released on a Warner related release, so I could only get the original 'Metal Dance'. I was also very happy to get 'Thin Ice', since it was not released in the U.S. but it was still owned by Warners.

Revell was not involved. Most contracts by minor acts essentially give the record company full control on how and what to release. To date, none of my planned releases required artist involvement.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:57 pm

Awesome! So great to see more of your releases coming out!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby swerve » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:19 pm

Great to see Scott :)
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby André » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:47 pm

Exciting, where and when can one buy these?
André
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Rubellan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:31 am

André wrote:Exciting, where and when can one buy these?

I hope to have copies in the next couple of months. Mastering and Artwork are just awaiting final approval before manufacturing. All of my titles will be available from my Rubellan Remasters Facebook page, Discogs.com, eBay, and other sites soon.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby rewind » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:24 am

Krisma "Fido"...finally on CD!
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:40 am

I'll be buying both for sure.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Bellenger1981 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:36 pm

I've been meaning to ask ... is there some significance behind the word Rubellan? What does it mean? I love the logo, by the way.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:56 pm

Awesome Scott!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Tue May 01, 2018 3:12 am

fantastic! essential purchases for me!
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue May 01, 2018 4:12 am

Bellenger1981 wrote:I've been meaning to ask ... is there some significance behind the word Rubellan? What does it mean? I love the logo, by the way.

Yes, it's an inside joke that dates back to the early 90's but I can't really explain it without a few paragraphs. On request, I tried to explain the meaning on a phone call in the early 2000's with Eric Sherman (then head of VH1 Classic), but I could tell he was totally confused, so I just leave it a mystery. But my logo with the oddball alien is a direct reference to it. Let's just say that Ruby (the alien) is from Rubella which makes her Rubellan.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Tue May 01, 2018 10:23 am

Super cool because you were able to get bonus tracks on these.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Tue May 01, 2018 10:30 am

I'm waiting for The Passions "Sanctuary" . It's their best album in my opinion. Scott a few more titles that I'm sure we'd all like to see. Any chance?

1. Parachute Club (debut, 1983)
2. Ronny (singles collection)
3. The Affordable Floors " The Sounding"
omar
Room at the Top

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations